Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomdude89

GZdoom

Can anyone point me where to go in the options to put the light amplification visor back to normal like in the vanilla?

The GZdoom has that default ugly green counter strike nightvision goggles which i really despise. 

thanks 

the option search at least works but the display option / hardware renderer has no options or its hidden in GZDoom v4.5.0

i just used console command gl_enhanced_nightvision 0

4 hours ago, Doomdude89 said:

the display option / hardware renderer has no options or its hidden in GZDoom v4.5.0

That's probably due to the simplified options menu that was implemented in that version. It should become accessible in the options menu when you turn off the "Simple options menu" setting.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the new version defaulting to the simplified option menu. But GZDoom has grown so far beyond just being a Doom source port, and there are so damn many options in it now, that it kind of makes sense that quite a few options are hidden; because very few people will even know what to do with them to begin with. I mean... there's menu after menu after menu once you get into the options. 

But yeah, to turn off the enhanced night vision, go to options, change Simple Options to off. Go to Display Options, Hardware Renderer, and change Enhanced Night Vision Mode to off.

On the subject of the new simple options menu, what I don't like about it is mostly that it's TOO simple, you need to turn the simple options off to access some pretty basic settings like whether dynamic lights should even be on and postprocessing effects like bloom and ambient occlusion. Not to mention that trilinear filtering is still on by default.

People kept complaining about the options menu being too cluttered, so a simplified version was created, and now people complain there's not enough options...

Well I myself never cared for there to be a simpler options menu, plus like I said it's TOO simple when turned on now, the obscure settings nobody uses are gone now which is good, but so are really basic things like turning on and off post processing effects and dynamic lighting, which people would be interested in.

15 hours ago, Gez said:

People kept complaining about the options menu being too cluttered, so a simplified version was created, and now people complain there's not enough options...

I didn't realize people were having issues with it, so I'm sorry if that was the case. I've always preferred having more options than fewer options. Yeah it may take more time to find the option I want, but I'm happy to sift through things to find what I'm looking for than assume that there's no option in the menu because I can't find it.

I get the idea behind simple options, but I'd prefer that simple options was something that you had to turn on, instead of something that you have to turn off. But to each their own, and it's understandable why the decision was made. I just just don't care for it.

I'm okay with huge menu, but, hey, everything in GZDoom can be accessed in the console. 🤷‍♀️

If the new menu is more newcomer friendly, that's probably for the best, right?

Right?

Nah the changes are stupid. Many old guides still use older builds. So i was quite annoyed actually to have to look up how to even access the so called larger option. There is no excuse for not having options on OpenGL despite it being on an new tab to begin with. They shouldnt listen to people who make simple things difficult.

I hardly doubt people prefer the green goggles over the original light goggles. And soft edges over good pixels. This is why you see so many people using them cause they dont even know how to turn them off to begin with. And just run with it.