Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

Batman DOOM for EDGE-Classic

4Yh4dLc.png
Batman DOOM for EDGE-Classic !

The original EDGE port of the TC for was painstakingly reverse-enginered from the original DeHacked file to be converted to EDGE's DDF language with lots of extra effects and scripted events added on top of it to further enhance and improve the experience, including the removal of some issues and quirks that can be found with the original TC.

I began this project in 2015 and then shelved it, then picked it up again in 2017 only to abandon it again and then continue and release it 2020/2021 for EDGE and then now, December 2023, polish it up and make it EDGE-Classic exclusive.

It should be fully playable from start to finish, with only minor issues not affecting level progression. Looking at you, traffic cones.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3i161i42ef991qt/BATDDF2023.WAD/file

In addition to the mod you will also need the original BATMAN.WAD which you can find here: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/themes/batman/batman but make sure you load BATMAN.WAD first.

Tested with EDGE-Classic 1.36

Edited by CeeJay

Quite a few mods over the years have become a bit clunky as standards have changed, it's good to see some get a second coat of wax! Although Edge is not something I've ever touched nor seen outside of a few engine news headlines...

edit: since you didn't, I'll take a minute to pimp your Wolfendoom re-polishing, and @rf` with a similar effort

Almost makes me, no definitely makes me wish we had a forum devoted exclusively to such works

Edited by Vorpal

17 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

epic @CeeJay! A great contender for the Doomworld Mentionations thread. Will you put this on /idgames, also?

I haven't uploaded a thing to the /idgames archives in decades, probably not since 1999.

10 hours ago, Vorpal said:

edit: since you didn't, I'll take a minute to pimp your Wolfendoom re-polishing, and @rf` with a similar effort

Almost makes me, no definitely makes me wish we had a forum devoted exclusively to such works

Thank you!

31 minutes ago, CeeJay said:

I haven't uploaded a thing to the /idgames archives in decades, probably not since 1999.

Thank you!

If you want i could do it for you. PM if interested. :)