Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neigh Winny

The Tribulation of Treachery (DOOM64 EX)

After 2 years in the cold, dark freezer...

Abandoned, betrayed by its creator before it had even seen the light!

Finally, it returns once again to the workshop, determined to be complete...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE STORY SO FAR

After the Mother Demon has been slain, and you've sworn off any hope of a normal life

to the peace of humanity and the glory of your Creator, there is one place left to go...

THE BARREN LANDS OF TREACHERY, THE 9TH AND FINAL CIRCLE OF HELL!!!

Trek through the harsh lands reserved for only the worst of souls, clean out any demons

left, and leave them with no more place to hide...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 2 years of dormancy I plan to finish this thing proper. Still, don't take my word for it. We'll let my actions do the talking.

WHAT THIS WAD SHALL CONTAIN:
-8 New maps 

-ACTION FOCUSED gameplay

-Diverse combinations and varieties of enemies for exciting, fresh gameplay!

-Unique, cold, and bitter atmosphere

-Unique uses of Doom64's engine for novel, riveting, and strange gameplay

-2 Whacky Secret Levels ;)

-1 Boss Level: A new boss; Doom64's most wretched and evil foe yet!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAPLIST:

MAP01 - In the Keep (FINISHED - IN DEMO)
MAP02 - Submergence (FINISHED - IN DEMO)

MAP03 - Falls of Fornication (FINISHED - IN DEMO)

MAP04 - Political Circus (FINISHED - IN DEMO)

MAP05 - The Enlightenment (FINISHED)

MAP06 - Metropolitan Punishment (FINISHED)

MAP07 - Cocytus (FINISHED)

MAP08 - Ptolemy's People Pot (FINISHED)

MAP09 - Arctic Front (FINISHED - IN DEMO) [name subject to change]

MAP10 - [In progress] True Dis 

MAP11 - Hidden Transgressions (FINISHED)

MAP12 - [Unfinished] The Shame of Nimrod

Progress Journal (IM STILL ALIVE :D)

12-XX-23: Finally finished this epic map. Definitely one of the cooler ones.

image.png.c0c57a4f1ebd1b3199874dab6f38eade.png

1-13-24: Still working on the final boss. Cant show anything though cause its a sooprise. :^)

December deadline was missed but we're still goin strong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO NOW: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vu10am33c175ukw/ToT_DEMO_2.5.wad/file

EX+ VERSION: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Won7HjUgOC9pNCIaDYh8bjNyB04WEDvB/view?usp=drive_link

Made with love :)

Enjoy, and let me know what you think. All feedback is appreciated 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:

sshot237.png

sshot239.png

sshot244.png

sshot241.png

DISCLAIMER: This episode was originally made for Kaiser's DOOM64EX.

Its going to stay that way, but it may also be compatible with EX+

Remaster not so much YET, but only God knows.

I've also heard that people have been having trouble with Classic EX lately.

Fortunately I have a solution:

My copy of classic EX has been tested by other Windows 10 and 11 users and it works for them. Let's see if it works for you :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MabyGdE89Qq_rcD9dWYRUDPCp_pYQRmE/view?usp=drive_link

You can also try Dotfloat's Win10 Patch

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kt05kmvnkefavcs/doom64ex_sdl_fix.zip

Again, thank you for your patience and I hope you can enjoy this project. God bless :)

Edited by Neigh Winny : tot STILL lives

Looks great! Nice to see we’re getting more Doom 64 wads lately. I hate doing this but I have to ask a question: will this be made compatible with the Nightdive port?

3 hours ago, Silhou3tte said:

Looks great! Nice to see we’re getting more Doom 64 wads lately. I hate doing this but I have to ask a question: will this be made compatible with the Nightdive port?

Unfortunately not. The Nightdive Port bugs out with custom textures, and there are certain scripts in EX which bug out the Remaster because EX is more malleable for modding, while the Remaster is based off of the Calico code. Safe to assume that most EX maps will not work with the Remaster currently.

Glad to have your question, thank you for your time.

6 minutes ago, Neigh Winny said:

Unfortunately not. The Nightdive Port bugs out with custom textures, and there are certain scripts in EX which bug out the Remaster because EX is more malleable for modding, while the Remaster is based off of the Calico code. Safe to assume that most EX maps will not work with the Remaster currently.

No problem. Can't wait for the full release!

On 1/8/2021 at 6:15 AM, Neigh Winny said:

It is possible to get the scripts working I think! Since the Remaster can replicate what EX does script wise, just does it differently from what I am told. And ya, unless you want to sacrifice some of the main Doom 64 textures, additional ones are a problem.

Whoopsie Daisy!!! Turns out I slipped up a little and messed up the door that leads to the exit of MAP03 (Fornication Falls) in ToT_Demo 2.

If you downloaded Demo 2 before this was posted, pretty please download the fix from the most current link because I fixed the mistake, now the door works. :)

My bad, hope you still enjoy.

Previously I stated I would release the next demo on February 9th. I'm obviously a month late.

My apologies. I've been a little off track lately, not very productive. I hope to get it out as soon as I can though.

Just wanted to put this out to let you know I haven't abandoned the project or anything.

:)

4 hours ago, Neigh Winny said:

Previously I stated I would release the next demo on February 9th. I'm obviously a month late.

My apologies. I've been a little off track lately, not very productive. I hope to get it out as soon as I can though.

Just wanted to put this out to let you know I haven't abandoned the project or anything.

:)

No worries, good things come in time! :)