Kills: 60

Port: PrBoom+

Fun run, my manner of death was exquisite~

xen-ironman-sawdust.zip

Edited by Xenaero

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/888653527

Did a run.

Spoiler

Died in map02, in spite of the fact that I managed to escape That Room. I decided to return and promptly ate a rocket. Apparently I'm ahead of John in this year's BritBowl? I killed more monsters than him (my 68 to his 30something) and I left map 01 at 4:38 (as opposed to his 5:37). Just want to make sure.

Type 1.  Never played Valiant so unfamiliar with new monsters.

Another corpse in the pile for map 2.  I'm bad at arenas.  Finished map 1 in a bit under 9 minutes.

I did play a bit farther casually.  These maps seem competent but formulaic.  Not surprised they ended up in the reject pile.  PrBoom +2.5.1.4 -complevel 11

dwiron_sawdust_cnr.zip

I almost miss this one! XD

I was being hyper-cautious all the time, but of course an ambush with a lot of teleporting monsters got me on map 2 and that was the end of it.

Category 1.

6stCPAk.png

SawdustIronman.zip

3 minutes ago, NoisyVelvet said:

I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11 - Map01

I didn't get too far on this one, prboom exploded at the start of the map.

Rules is rules though. 

-category 1

noisy_sawdust.zip

What version of prboom+ are you using?

5 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

A really janky one that i'm never gonna give up :D

If it's 2.5.1.3, then I recommend you to at least move to 2.5.1.4. MBF wads won't work well on that old version.

Ideally recommend to either try DSDA-Doom or the latest test builds of 2.5.1.7 that Never Again posted on DW (but you might have to get used to the different mouse feel due to the SDL2 change since 2.5.1.5).

Sometimes it is better to give up on older version and move on to a newer version :D

Hey neat, cool idea for a comp.

alfnz_sawdust_ironman.zip

Played horribly in and died on map04, category 1 (I've probably clevved around bits of this before but I remember absolutely nothing). Pinned by a few viles and arachs.

Probably the most noteworthy thing to this playthrough other than getting torpedoed at the start of the map by a bomber (??) and dropped to 8 health was the pins and needles in my playing hand. Eventually it went dead and I was just kneading the mouse buttons like it was clay pottery class. Funny, I guess, but maybe I should get that checked out :)

Category 1

Dead at MAP02

About 5:05

Was not ready for that monster trap near the end.

10 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

Are we not doing categories anymore? I noticed they're missing from the leaderboard.

Cat 1 and 2 runs are in standard leaderboard. Prep/Cat3 runs are in prepared leaderboard.