Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MattFright

Favorite game soundtrack that nobody knows about?

A PC game from the 1990s called The Hive is pretty obscure. It was a pre-rendered rail shooter but I remember it being pretty high quality for the time.

On 1/10/2021 at 4:11 AM, Gez said:

Perhaps not as obscure as in the first two posts; but the combat flight sim TFX didn't seem to leave much of a trace (less than 200 wishes for it on GOG.com) and its CD soundtrack remains one of my faves.

I think that's the first time I've seen a Saab Griffin on anything other than Wikipedia, or old Saab car add posters.

There's some good picks in this thread already. 

Maximum Carnage has a rockin soundtrack all through out. It's a decent beat 'em up too. 

I've mentioned this one before but Spider on PSX has some great tunes. 

I love the guitar in this one:

The guitar riffs and the synth pads just mesh really in this one:

SNES shadowrun is already mentioned but I have an infatuation with The Cage Theme:

It's sets the part in the game perfectly. You end up in this cyberpunk fantasy nightclub and this band is gigging on stage. It's cheese but I love the progression on the lead line. 

3 hours ago, pilottobombadier said:

I think that's the first time I've seen a Saab Griffin on anything other than Wikipedia, or old Saab car add posters.

It's not a Saab Gripen, it's a Eurofighter Typhoon. The Gripen has close-coupled canards, while the Typhoon has them far in front of the wings. The Gripen has its air intakes on the sides of the fuselage, while the Typhoon has them under it. Finally, the Gripen has a single engine, while the Typhoon is twin-engined.

After downloading an emulator to play Daytona USA 2 again (which is an awesome game that deserves more recognition, but I digress), I got hooked on Sega's Model 3 racers, which led me to a rather obscure title I'd never played or even seen in an arcade before: Le Mans 24.

I instantly fell in love with the soundtrack, as I'm a sucker for that 90s jazzy/funky style that was so prevalent in japanese racing games of that era. A lot of the tracks have a nice Gran Turismo-esque feel to them, and there's also a bit of Sonic CD in there.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but Gate Of Trials, Sliding Way, Endure More (which could easily pass as a song from the first GT) and A.T.C (Domination) are some of the most memorable in my opinion. Overall I think it complements the rest of the main Model 3 racers' music very well, and it's definitely worth a listen.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:11 AM, Gez said:

It's not a Saab Gripen, it's a Eurofighter Typhoon. The Gripen has close-coupled canards, while the Typhoon has them far in front of the wings. The Gripen has its air intakes on the sides of the fuselage, while the Typhoon has them under it. Finally, the Gripen has a single engine, while the Typhoon is twin-engined.

Looks like a Griffin.  You can blame the picture quality.  Seriously, I though that was a single engine :p 

Electric Eddie.

I think that nobody knows about that game. That game is a piece of bullsht. But soundtrack isn't bad.

The soundtrack to Will Rock is pretty great, and I'm specifically talking about the original tracks that were made for the game (not the Twisted Sister song and not the Hall of the Mountain King).

Voodoo Vince. A slightly obscure 3D platformer with a soundtrack that is probably WAY too good for it. It was my favorite video game OST for my whole life until Doom Eternal.

Another recent one i feel like has gone under everyone's radar is Butcher. The game is really good but the soundtrack is one of the best i've heard in recent years.

15 minutes ago, Taw Tu'lki said:

From the game Ordinary Mice (Multimedia Service, 1997)

A non-existent game?

Untitled.png.f5f2fd527b043d7438e230b97324bed4.png

Edit:  I downloaded the game from your channel.  I'm surprised there's no information about it online.

Screenshot of the game's credits:

1796434382_ordinarymicecredits.png.db1c47f5a3a1e00573478ed10dcc9a47.png

Edited by TheUltimateDoomer666

When it comes to licensed Dune games, I have only seen people talk about the Westwood strategy games and not the earlier Adventure/Strategy by Cyro. Sadly despite having a CD release only the Amiga version has this awesome soundtrack.

On 2/28/2021 at 6:53 PM, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

A non-existent game?

Untitled.png.f5f2fd527b043d7438e230b97324bed4.png

Edit:  I downloaded the game from your channel.  I'm surprised there's no information about it online.

Screenshot of the game's credits:

1796434382_ordinarymicecredits.png.db1c47f5a3a1e00573478ed10dcc9a47.png

Yeah, that's an unknown game which I played when I was a child. 

This is how it always happens. When unknown game has a nice and exciting music.