Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yandere_Doomer

Confessions from an addict

I must come clean. i am an addict.

i have been addicted for about a year..... i just cant stop.

i try to do other things, but i just keep returning to my addiction

I am addicted to Doom.

i cant stop playing it!

does anyone else suffer from this awesome addiction?

[hehe...]

but in all seriousness i really enjoy the game, and the Community as well. and i am proud of being a part of this awesome community.

The main "addictive" part of Doom, for me at least, is that it's the game that brings me as close as possible to the feeling I get in dreams. Still not sure why, and I've been thinking about this for almost 20 years. Might be the abstract realism, or the basic, pure violence of the whole thang, but there's something I feel almost ritual when I load a wad up. 

2 minutes ago, Snark said:

The main "addictive" part of Doom, for me at least, is that it's the game that brings me as close as possible to the feeling I get in dreams. Still not sure why, and I've been thinking about this for almost 20 years. Might be the abstract realism, or the basic, pure violence of the whole thang, but there's something I feel almost ritual when I load a wad up. 

for me it has to be the idea of 1 man killing hordes of demons. plus all of the content out for it, and that you can run it on anything.

9 minutes ago, Reelvonic said:

I haven't talked to my girlfriend in months or really done anything other than Doom 👍

It's all I dream about. All I think about. All I do. 

It appears I have found someone who may be living an exact clone of my own life. XD

In other words, SAME.

1 hour ago, Deathclaw886 said:

I am addicted to Doom.

i cant stop playing it!

*Insert "they had us in the first half" meme*

2 hours ago, Deathclaw886 said:

I am addicted to Doom.

i cant stop playing it!

does anyone else suffer from this awesome addiction?

[hehe...]

but in all seriousness i really enjoy the game, and the Community as well. and i am proud of being a part of this awesome community.

As an actual addict I thought you were serious for just a second. xD

But yeah I've been a DOOM nut since I was 8 (I'm 31 this year). There's just something perfect about the core gameplay loop in conjunction with the focus on discrete maps that along with the fantastic map makers lend itself to endless amounts of fun.

It's also a FPS with a pretty significant focus on map exploration (depending on the map of course) alongside the merciless genocide that helps it not growing stale or monotonous.

A perfect storm of qualities.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Killjoy said:

But yeah I've been a DOOM nut since I was 8 (I'm 31 this year). There's just something perfect about the core gameplay loop in conjunction with the focus on discrete maps that along with the fantastic map makers lend itself to endless amounts of fun.

It's also a FPS with a pretty significant focus on map exploration (depending on the map of course) alongside the merciless genocide that helps it not growing stale or monotonous.

A perfect storm of qualities.

two of my favorite things to do is shoot several imps with a shotgun, and to one-punch pinky demons with a berserk pack....doom is very therapeutic  

Doom changed my life probably and i think it's one of the greatest games of all time (no matter if you play it on a DOS based 1994 machine or some weird prboom+ fork that adds actual gunfire that pops off of the screen that you have to dodge :D).

Doom made my childhood 10x and the doom community did too (holy moly the time i've spent playing random wads :D).

Now with life and occupation i always feel tired and i don't have the energy to actually go and play a wad for a long time/make my own stuff because life kind of drains me and i just fall down but i will always love this game :D

18 hours ago, Cinnamon Killjoy said:

Lol same XD

Fingers were hovering over the keyboard ready to start typing an encouraging and supportive message about meetings and hope and all that good stuff till I hit the second paragraph XD

You got me good @Deathclaw886 XD

3 minutes ago, DooM Bear said:

Lol same XD

Fingers were hovering over the keyboard ready to start typing an encouraging and supportive message about meetings and hope and all that good stuff till I hit the second paragraph XD

plan2jh7.jpg

image.png.9157bdeaf90ff361bf49afaa5b515c60.png

L here, I must say that I already suspected that. Based on the awesome song you made, and the simple fact that we're all here, in Doomworld. 

Just now, Lol 6 said:

L here, I must say that I already suspected that. Based on the awesome song you made, and the simple fact that we're all here, in Doomworld. 

Dammit! he got me!!

53 minutes ago, DooM Bear said:

Lol same XD

Hehe, same. Take care, friend.

Yeah. Doom's the shit. Cool community, cool game, and enough fresh content to keep you occupied for the rest of your life.

22 hours ago, Chainie said:

unknown.png

Actually, there's always one secret. The addiction to Doom.

43 minutes ago, MarsHappyNation said:

The road to recovery isn't easy. 👥

i dont want to recover from this addiction, hehehe...

Just put that Fireblu in a syringe! pump that red and blue goodness in my veins! mmmm....

I burnt several hours playing Doom in 2020. Haven't touched the game in 2021. I dunno why. 

9 hours ago, paturn said:

I burnt several hours playing Doom in 2020. Haven't touched the game in 2021. I dunno why. 

Gotta breathe sometimes friend. Cant crank it at 11 all the time.

Absolutely but it's an addiction that is actually good in a way.  You meet lots of cool people in the community and you relieve stress from normal life.  It's the best game ever made in my opinion.  And I second the comment above that it changed my life.  The whole reason I got a computer in the first place was to play a game I saw on the news that they were calling too violent.  That led me to modifying it and then programming in general, which became my career path.

1 hour ago, Doom OG said:

Absolutely but it's an addiction that is actually good in a way.  You meet lots of cool people in the community and you relieve stress from normal life.  It's the best game ever made in my opinion.  And I second the comment above that it changed my life.  The whole reason I got a computer in the first place was to play a game I saw on the news that they were calling too violent.  That led me to modifying it and then programming in general, which became my career path.

what i love about it is that is is actually a game that can run on an "Extra Starchy Potato" that i actually really like [lots of the other games that can run on potatoes i am not a big fan of]

but even if i didnt have a potato i would still be a Doom addict. ehehehe.....

Just one more map won't hurt. Stop looking out the sun didn't already raise. STOP the birds chirping outside are just a loud neighbor's tv!

9 hours ago, Hazel-Rah said:

I just started playing Doom 1 on Ultraviolence. There's no going back now is there? :P

once you pop [a cap that is] you cant stop....

there is no going back, rip and tear....until it is done