Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dannebubinga

Funeral Genocide - Old map collab [Now on idgames]

Very nice work indeed, it sure would be a shame if you never released it. Well, honestly, I think you overdid it with the archviles (not surprising since they're Ribbiks' fetish), but at least you give the player BFG early on to deal with them.

Anyway, I played on UV in GZdoom 4.5.0 and I found one bug: five pain elementals 344 to 348 are stuck and never teleported into playable areas.

Loving the vanguard vibes! I've always wanted to see more maps with this orange hell.

Many people will play anything you two produce tbh so age is not a concern :D Thanks for sharing, and let's hope to see more of RoD eventually.

Good to see some orange!!!!!!

17 hours ago, dannebubinga said:

It's probably not as good as the new stuf people are putting out, but I think this is how 2015 looked and played hehe.

Eh, 2015 was better doom-wise than current year

A nice surprise :)  I was able to clear this with 100% k+s in PRB+ cl9.

I softlocked myself by vile jumping into this pit (while looking for secrets):

Spoiler

wMNxPvE.png

(Where the 3 viles on pillars are, i didn't realise how bad this screenshot would turn out heh).

Some software mode specific graphical bugs:

Spoiler

Numerous slime trails in this area, e.g.:

HrgZcrD.png

Some instances of midtexture bleeding:

WwDkaPh.png

PUEIcvs.png

Generally speaking i found that the first half of the map was trickier than everything post-BFG, i often had excess health available in the second half of the map. I also found the first pass through this area to be quite underwhelming, just a huge chunk of meat there. Other than that no complaints, lots of fun sections!

Edited by Scotty

Thanks for the interest everyone and thanks for the FDA Archi.

Watching the FDA from Archi, I really felt like making lots of adjustments to try to force the player to play a bit more aggressive. However, I think this map is finished gameplay wise. When darkreaver and I discussed this map back in 2014 (ribbiks reminded me that this map is actually from 2014), we didn't want it to be over the top hard. We instead wanted it to be a 45-60 minute adventure through orange hell that most players could enjoy.

I've started to fix some minor stuff mentioned here in RC2. Tell me if you find anything else! :)

11 hours ago, dannebubinga said:

Watching the FDA from Archi, I really felt like making lots of adjustments to try to force the player to play a bit more aggressive.

Despite being so generous this map did felt stressful and interesting enough, forcing aggression would likely ruin the impression of the first playthrough. If I'd have died on my playthrough far from start I'd start playing aggressively, thanks to speedrunning the map being a viable option, which is always nice.

had a good time playing this!  nice visuals, fun fights, nothing too insane.  i did play it slow and careful, not hard and fast.  haven't played a lot of doom recently so my completion was pretty slow.  sorry, no demo/video :l 

enjoy these screenshots 

Spoiler

doom00.png.b8c3d471f0f45f31a3738e70e07660dd.png

doom01.png.fa4f3b157dd69bf3de5c1e97405caa83.png

Hello...I just watched Vile play this on stream, and that corridor with the BFG where the lights started strobing really bothered my eyes.  I would suggest adding a warning for those with light sensitivity issues to the text file, or perhaps consider changing that area of the map to have a different type of effect.

Following from Bytefyre's comment, overall I quite enjoyed the level!  It was a bit on the easy side for a slaughter map but I liked the aesthetic (reminded me of Tangerine Nightmare) and the fight setups were good.