Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnboy3434

Can Neural Upscale and/or Smooth Doom be used on PrBoom+? Sorry for the newb question...

I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure this out, but I have no idea how to load the PK3 files in PrBoom+. And even if the files are totally incompatible, I can't seem to make anything happen with the unzipped contents of the PK3 files either. Could I get a helping hand?

PK3 files will not work in PRBoom+. I don't know much about the technical details, but I think PRBoom+ is different enough from a ZDoom port that the unzipped contents of a PK3 file won't be compatible either. If you're interested, there's a vanilla-compatible smooth weapons mod here.

50 minutes ago, BerserkerNoir said:

They work with a wad file with the HI_START and HI_END for all replaced sprites/textures.
Ive done it with the Smooth Weapons by Perkristian.

And I'm assuming I would have to custom-build said WAD myself?

5 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

And I'm assuming I would have to custom-build said WAD myself?

Pretty much yeah.
I made my own neural pack for Perk Weapons that are made on Dehacked.
You can use SLADE3, extract the contents from the Neural pack made for GZDOOM and add them to a wad. 
Using the said markers to specify the HIRES remap.
note: PRBOOM+ only supports Dehacked as far I know, DECORATE and ACS are not supported.
So dont waste your time trying to copy smooth monsters or anything else like that.
Only HIRES replacements work.

I might be at fault for having dug this thread up, but whatever.

Due to the technical challenges presented in PRBoom+, no graphic-enhancing project is yet to be known, AFAIK.

However, I've made a visual mod thread including some smooth weapon mods (and a smooth monster mod), some that not only suit well with PRBoom+ but also Vanilla as well. If you are proficient enough, you can indeed "use" Smooth Doom with non-GZDoom ports, both for weapons and monsters. Details here - feel free to ask:

26 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Due to the technical challenges presented in PRBoom+, no graphic-enhancing project is yet to be known, AFAIK.