Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wadmodder Shalton

Which MegaWADs do you think should have it's own Custom MIDI Project addon soundtrack?

• Dystopia 3 (and it's addon Dystopia 301)
  • The Enigma Episode (and maybe the rest of Jim Flynn's maps?)
  • Favillesco Episodes 1 and 2
  • The Lost Episodes of Doom
  • Doom Zero
  • Phobos Mission Control and Tech Gone Bad
  • Switcheroom 1 and 2
  • Return to Daro
  • No End In Sight
  • The "reject" Master Levels and the other Inferno/Titan/Cabal maps (for those I like playing them with MIDTWID, but a MIDI pack would be nice to see)
On 6/28/2021 at 3:34 AM, Devalaous said:

If your gonna go with all the official maps, your also missing midis for the GB Deathmatch maps

That and the exclusive Jaguar/PSX maps.

Edited by Pregador

13 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

Is said project either a full replacement or a partial one?

Is it endorsed by Ralphis or RottKing, even if this is not strictly required as per the permissions already granted in dbimpact.txt?

Is it a one-man project?

If it happens, it will be an open community project. I asked Ralphis ahead of time and he had some specific ideas for the project, which I intend to implement. It is most likely going to be a full replacement (all 9 maps, INTRO, INTROA, and VICTOR) but Ralphis's E1M1 track may or may not be included since it is already an original track; he is holding off on giving permission, since my plan is to make the pack public domain and the current permissions are "credit is required."

The best part of Double Impact's OST were the mashups of the original Doom songs, if a community MIDI pack is going to happen I'd love to hear more of those.

3 minutes ago, Pregador said:

The best part of Double Impact's OST were the mashups of the original Doom songs, if a community MIDI pack is going to happen I'd love to hear more of those.

For this one I wanted something license-compatible with Freedoom, since that includes a version of Double Impact, so that isn't possible. Part of the idea was to "finish" the soundtrack of Freedoom in addition to that of Double Impact. However, most or all of the tracks will go for a style similar to the original Doom.

12 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Ralphis's E1M1 track may or may not be included since it is already an original track

Maybe an extended remix of it could be done?

5 minutes ago, Pregador said:

Maybe an extended remix of it could be done?

That's a great idea, still depends on Ralphis's permission though

1 hour ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

The two Innocent Crew episodes for Doom 1, The Evil Unleashed & Slaughter Until Death. 

YES

obituary desperately needs one as well

On 6/28/2021 at 6:34 AM, Devalaous said:

Kick Attack could potentially get two midis, one for the Doom version, one for the Doom 2 version.

I would give the same treatment to Dante's Gate and Crossing Acheron. However, since decent bespoke MIDIs are a limited valuable resource, the Doom II versions should take priority over the Doom ones, as far as I am concerned.

On 6/28/2021 at 3:34 AM, Devalaous said:

Kick Attack could potentially get two midis, one for the Doom version, one for the Doom 2 version. 

1 hour ago, Diabolución said:

I would give the same treatment to Dante's Gate and Crossing Acheron. However, since decent bespoke MIDIs are a limited valuable resource, the Doom II versions should take priority over the Doom ones, as far as I am concerned. 

Which reminds me of Jim Flynn's Enigma Episode, whose maps were originally released for Doom as well. They could also get MIDIs for both games!

Andy Shepherd's ASDoom & ASDoom II, Alternate Doom II, The Abyss, Dinner by Damian Pawlukanis, The Invaders by Dominique Lavergne, A Fistful of Doom & Boothill are a few classic 1994 & 1995 PWADs that I can think of.

The Artifact & Welcome To Hell by Paul Schmitz, The Final Gathering, the Casali PWADs, Tim Willits' Raven series, 99 Ways To Die, Dark Covenant, Don Howard's Kill! Zone 1 & 2, Tony Sideris' Debut & Post, Realm of Chaos & Troopers Playground should also be a few Mid-1990s PWADs that deserve their own MIDI Pack.

Nathan Lineback's Marswar, it has a custom soundtrack but it's just random MIDI & Module music taken from the 1990s. So I think this MegaWAD should have it's own MIDI Pack, replacing all the music included in it.

On 6/30/2021 at 12:32 PM, Pregador said:

Which reminds me of Jim Flynn's Enigma Episode, whose maps were originally released for Doom as well. They could also get MIDIs for both games!

Not unless there are some avant-garde, experimental midi composers around. 

20 hours ago, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

Not unless there are some avant-garde, experimental midi composers around. 

What about @Peter? Isn't that basically his work in the Master Levels MIDI Pack?

Also, unrelated but last week I've made a MIDI replacement wad for Doom Zero that replaces the wad's tracks (minus the Jay Reichard remixes) with their equivalents from Ultimate MIDI Pack and MIDTWID, until we get a proper MIDI pack for the wad. Also included in the title screen is the extended version of un12.mid from Bobby's Lost Midis.

DoomZeroMIDI.zip

Edited by Pregador

Plutonia 3, 4 & 7 look like crappy lower-budget pirated sequels to Plutonia 2 and Plutonia Revisited Community Project without any effort to the level design.

They have MIDI music, but it's just random copyrighted music.