Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wavy

Help with modding GBA Doom

Hey everyone. I started to use svKaiser's tools for GBA Doom to hack it, however I'm having a problem. When I use LMPDMP.exe with the command to dump the sprites found in the included pdf (LMPDMP.exe gbadoom.wad -dumpgbasprites), it gives me this error:

Can't open LMPDMP.exe/Sprites/POL5A0.lmp

Should mention that my Sprites folder didn't have anything in it before hand, as the pdf said that the sprites would be dumped by LMPDMP.exe.

I think @Dexiaz could help, as he made GBA Doom: The Lost Levels. Also Dexiaz, do you have that GBA Doom Editor from kgsws-CZ by any chance? As the one found here is a dead link

Edit: I found that GBA Doom editor on the Kippykip forums (which you can get here) but I'm having an issue where I cannot import a map wad. So if my wad includes one map and that map includes all nessecary map lumps (LINEDEFS, SIDEDEFS, LEAFS, ect) and I import it in to the GBA Doom Editor, I get this message:

Capture.PNG.94da540cd380cc4e6be4236f7631bc26.PNG

If anyone has any idea, that would be awesome as that means that I probably don't need to use Kaisers tools

Edit 2: OK so that map load error is just a false positive, so maps work luckily. However I have a new problem, that being that imported 8-bit BMP images are corrupted. look:

FLOOR4_8.png.1503914efddebda69db364ef535317b8.png

Edited by Wavy

4 hours ago, Wavy said:

Edit 2: OK so that map load error is just a false positive, so maps work luckily. However I have a new problem, that being that imported 8-bit BMP images are corrupted. look:

Oh, it always was a problem in GBA Doom 1. It was about 6 years ago, but as I could remember the editor supports PNG files? Try them instead. Or save BMP as another BMP sub-format

2 minutes ago, Dexiaz said:

Oh, it always was a problem in GBA Doom 1. It was about 6 years ago, but as I could remember the editor supports PNG files? Try them instead. Or save BMP as another BMP sub-format

The editor only supports 8 bit BMP's unfortunately. Also when you say sub-formats, do you mean the bit depth or something else?

Just now, Wavy said:

Also when you say sub-formats, do you mean the bit depth or something else?

Yeah, things like that. Sorry I can't say more because I really forgot details about modding GBA Doom. To remember such things I should to start learn it again¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Dexiaz said:

Yeah, things like that. Sorry I can't say more because I really forgot details about modding GBA Doom. To remember such things I should to start learn it again¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shucks, well thanks anyways. I'll do my own experimenting. =)

GOT TEXTURES TO WORK!

I just put the textures that i want to use into a random wad, made them the Doom format, then extracted the textures as BMP's with DeuTex. Then BOOM they work now.