Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kolibri

DooM SIGIL Midi-OST Remake

Oh awesome! I loved your covers of Hate Machine and Riot Squadron from a while back; can’t wait to listen to the whole thing!

Edit: Do my ears deceive me, or have you actually made some edits to Hate Machine from the version you put on YouTube a few months ago?

Edited by Faceman2000

20 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

Edit: Do my ears deceive me, or have you actually made some edits to Hate Machine from the version you put on YouTube a few months ago?

Goal for this project was to make it sound as much as the original, so yeah, I think few things changed. And as it's a re-recorded and remixed when comparing to the first one, might sound a bit different. Good or bad? 

edit: with a few composition exceptions, obviously.. x)

Edited by Kolibri

Sweet. It's good to see this pop up here, because I really like your work on the soundtrack and think that it needs to reach more people's ears

36 minutes ago, Kolibri said:

Goal for this project was to make it sound as much as the original, so yeah, I think few things changed. And as it's a re-recorded and remixed when comparing to the first one, might sound a bit different. Good or bad? 

Like you said, it’s definitely closer to the original, so if that’s your goal you nailed it. Just finished risking my job by listening to the whole thing, and dude, you kicked it out of the park. This thing rocks.

I really like your work on this soundtrack.

I found it on youtube, courtesy of their recommendation algorithm.

Nice to see that you made a thread here so that more people get to know it.

I just played through Sigil yesterday and was thinking about how much I enjoy Jimmy's midis. Since I only played on HMP I will go through again on UV using this. What a great compliment to Jimmy's work. Glad you posted, otherwise I would have missed this for a long time.

I thought this was going to be the "opposite" of this, pure MIDI versions of the Buckethead tracks, but I think this is actually better! Really nice covers here!

In my opinion, Kolibri and this guy have the best covers of Jimmy's midis.

The later even gives his own twist in them.

I love this ost so much.  Buckethead is great and all, but this is way more fitting!