Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slayne

Fresh DooM Weapons?

Okay, now that some of these TC's and mods have been released with entertaining weaponry and some Dehacked/EDGE scripting to play around with, I say it's time for DooM weapons to become innovative. Let's do away with the assault rifles, flamethrowers, etc. and just get creative! Here are a couple of weapons I think would be most interesting:

Meat Cleaver
Spear (can be thrown as well)
Fire Extinguisher (causes blindness or can explode in fire)
Power Drill
Sawblades (close up weapon)
Nailgun (a non Quake style one)
Filet Knife (ooh, painful)
Gardening Shears

This is a starter list; I was rushed for time. Post ANYTHING you think would make a cool weapon. Have fun with this and take note TC makers. Let's find new ways to kill old demons.

Creative weapons huh? Well here's some that I've got:

Molotov Cocktail
Lightning Gun like from Quake (You don't see those kinds of guns often in Doom mods, TCs, and PCs)
A Broken Beer Bottle
A Metal Chair

That's all I can think up right now...

A wand that shoot Lost Souls. Annoyance value in multiplayer would be infinite.

Something that functions like an Arch-Vile attack. Maybe a kind of magic spell, or a targeter linked to an orbital laser cannon (a la SOL from Akira)

The latter could be extremely cool. You would have to keep the weapon trained at the opponent for some time before it worked it's magic.

Little Faith said:

A wand that shoot Lost Souls. Annoyance value in multiplayer would be infinite.

Ever played the imoral conduct mod with the pain elemental heart?

Cheese launcher, ferret rifle, anti=gravity sperm shooter, exploding monitor generator.

DooMBoy said:

ferret rifle

you got to that before me. oh well. how about the jaws-o-life, monkey feces, and a portable particle accelerator.

Here we go...

• Shanking Knife
  • Toothpic with poison coating
  • explosive envolopes of Anthrax
  • Horse tranquilizers
  • Steak drenched in Kyan pepper and Wasabi
  • That circle blade Dee-Lee that Xena Warrior Princess had.
  • really bad breath
  • Old Grandpa telling war stories
  • Voo-Doo Dolls
  • Bitch slap
  • Pimp slap
  • Back-hand slap
  • Profanity
  • Teh WindMill
  • running Head-butt
  • Loud ear piercing scream
  • Threat to spread aids
  • Threat to spread ED
  • try and hug them
  • That Axe Deoderant Body-Spray (put it on and you're good for a repelent of everything)
  • Socks with rocks in them
  • Purse full '0' bricks
  • pepper spray
  • elastic band
  • Wet towel
  • Iodine
  • Clorhiphorme
  • Mathamatics
  • And many many more...
need I say more?

I don't know if this is doable:

(Idea gotten from some old platform game I don't remember):
A placable teleport homer. First fire: you place the thing on the ground. Second fire: You teleport to it. You should (of course only be able to place on at a time.

You could use it as a weapon to telefrag monsters, though you could also place it at a health cache or something similar.

The shielding ray (a deathmatch dee lee) this thing works much like a flame-thrower in the way that it spews forth a stream of projectiles that flies a bit and then stops. The projectiles, however do not hurt at all. Instead they count as solid objects that blocks attacks.

The thing should use powercells.

A Team Fortress type sentry gun (or even the tesla gun from CustomTF), but not quite as strong.
A camera.
If there are monsters in the map, then you could have something which resurrects them, turning whatever you revived into your servant that attacks anyone except yourself. You'd get frags for their kills, too.

...adds to Doom Anomaly's joke list...
High priced lawyers
Five year old fruitcake
Mop
The Happy Helmet
The IRS
Squirt gun
A gun that fires Pain Elementals (remove the 20 Lost Soul limit)
The Death Star (hard to carry around, though)
A board with a nail in it
An old fashioned boombox playing the Macarena at full volume.
Model airplanes carrying machineguns.
Thunderstorm (powered up Arc of Death)
Blood's voodoo doll.
Excessive flatulence
The Devil Bat (if you've seen that silly movie, you'll know what I mean)
Salad Shooter
Silly String
Happy Fun Ball
Excalibat
Poison ivy
Banana peels
Spud gun
Partially frozen water balloons
Unicorn X

Ooh I got some new ones!!!

Shaken up Soda Can or...
... A Soda Can with C4 attached to it
Disc launcher (Put your unwanted CDs in here! >:D)
A heavy backpack (filled with 4 thick books and 2 BIG binders!)
A dodgeball
A Weed Wacker
A Sword (Preferably a Katana. You don't see those that often in Doom Mods)
A Pencil (Sharpen to a very pointy tip)
The Kitty Katapult!!! (It launches kitties!!!)
An Air gun (BB Gun)
A Paintball Gun
Frying Pan
Nightstick
A whistle to call out a bunch of rabid squirrels!

Hmm, that's all I can think up right now.

How about a weapon for monsters, which looks like the teleport sparkle, and when it hits you, it makes you teleport!

Little Faith said:

A weapon using kitties as ammunition has been seen before.

So has a weed whacker (or at least a rake).

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Toons Doom. The reason I said this was because you don't see those in many doom Mods. But like there any other mods other than Toons Doom that needs a Kitty Katapult. :p

I'd love to make a mod featuring all these for EDGE(as it's probably the only port other than vavoom that can do all these effects without learning crazy coding), but I really don't have enough time on my hands during the time I do anything doom-related. Too many projects.

Meat Grinder
Any weapon from MIB and MIB2
Return of teh Gohstbusters //damn my spelling
Enemy Spawners
Anything from Most of Apogee's Arcade games. :)
F-22 Raptor weapons (carry a huge rocket launcher? sure)

ravage said:

Meat Grinder
Return of teh Gohstbusters //damn my spelling

I'm pretty sure that's out there... http://www.doomworld.com/gbd2

I was thinking about making a Chemicla lancher, Like a bio rifle of sorts next for the old weapons emporium.

Slayne said:

Let's do away with the assault rifles, flamethrowers, etc

I just did a new flamethrower http://www.doomworld.com/gbd2/weapons/index.htm I rarely see good flamethrwers in DooM anyways.

Better idea, how'bout the Redneck Rampage weapons. Wouldn't you wanna blow something up with teh Dynamite Crossbow? >:)

Sack full of doorknobs?

How about a missile with user controlled guidance? Many games have done this but I've never seen one in DooM. Would make way for some pretty interesting levels designed to make full use of it.

Well, I got this one from Che Guevara's treatise on guerrilla warfare:

A simple grenade launcher: You take a sawed off shotgun and place it on a tripod. Then you take a cartridge and empty it for shot. Then you put a straight stick down in the barrel and place a molotov cocktail on top of it. Your sawed off shotgun is now a grenade launcher.

Bunch of weapons from my head or from other FPS games. Lots of these were mentioned above, but meh.

* Pitchfork.
* Pickaxe.
* Jackhammer.
* Flaregun from Blood. Flares stick to people for a second or two before they burst into flames. Flames can catch other enemies on fire. This weapon rocks. You can catch a whole room on fire by shooting someone in the back. Listen to people screaming "IT BURNS! IT BURNS!"
* Aerosal can and lighter. From Blood also. Alternate attack: Light cap, throw.
* Voodoo Doll. Point and stab or throw it under a crusher or shoot it with rockets.
* Remote mines or landmines.
* Tank from Goldeneye. Like the EDGE version of the TC thing.
* Minigun.
* Shrink gun from Duke Nukem. Step on people.
* "Fat Gun" from Turok 2. Make people so fat they explode.
* Freeze gun. High annoyance factor.
* Taint gun! Renders items dangerous. IE: Soul Sphere decreases health instead of increases it (Wears off once item is picked up and respawns).
* Monster-taming gun. Nab a monster with it and it'll follow you and kick ass for you and bring up your fragcount. Be cool for deathmatch with monsters on.
* Desert Eagles are always fun.
* Anti-gravity gun.
* Brick-maker. Use it to seal off a hallway or create stairsteps. Bricks can be destroyed, of course.
* Magic spells that do status effects. Like blind or slow or poison. Annoyance factor high here as well. Turning people into frogs would be pretty fun.
* Drunk Missle from Rise of the Triad.
* Flamewall from Rise of the Triad.
* Firebomb from Rise of the Triad... This game actually has some good weapons.
* Heat-seeking missle of some kind.
* Mosquito from Einhander (not actually a FPS, but hey). When you move, it moves. Go left, it goes left. Go right, it goes right.
* Flash from Einhander. Small pink laser beam that basically just destroys everything in the way, but has minimal ammo.
* Python from Einhander. Laser-connected bombs that act as a net. Uh, boom?
* Dartgun with instant-death poison tips.
* Vorpal butterknife.
* Sidewinder missle launcher. =D
* Portable light. Toss it out to see in the dark.

I guess that's all I can think of.

A very large hammer. We're talking a good foot-and-a-half to two foot radius of the mapper face here. Slow but powerful.

A mirror. Hold down the attack button and it reflects attacks back at the enemy. Limited ammunition, though.

Throwing. Damages an enemy and moves it a fair distance away from you. For those times when you have no ammo and are trapped in a corner.

The napalm launcher from a Mancubus. For those times when you have to hit everything that isn't directly in front of you.

Telekinetic breakdown. Imagine a shockwave as powerful as a BFG emminating from your body. Very limited on ammunition, though.

Teleporter rune. A broken off shard from a demon teleportation pad. It damages enemies by trying to teleport only part of the monster leaving in incomplete. Could be a chainsaw replacement or something.

Bah... I'm sure I'll think of some more later.

The Turok 2 Cerebral Bore: BEST WEAPON EVER!

Shards of borken glass, gained by breaking glass (duh!). Stab, or throw shuriken-style.

An enemy. Grab a zombie man by the back of the head and smash his face into a demon. Nice...

Mental Mess-up Projector: A holographic projector that flashes frighting images (Like the Grim Reaper, John Carmack...) to scare away monsters.

Jackhammer: Semi-automatic shotgun... yeah!