Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terminus

The Return of Terminus' Playtesting Streams Series! [Hiatus]

I'd like to be first in line for a playtesting stream :) First 9 levels are playable. UV is prefered but other difficulties do exist!

A 2-map "demo" of a relatively-difficult mapset I've been making. All the information is in the thread - download v2.

Feel free to play on GZDoom on Ultra-Violence. I definitely recommend giving it a shot on UV, but don't be ashamed to lower the difficulty if you have to.

Already had 5 playtesters (one not in the thread), and I'm looking to see your thoughts as well! I'll try to attend the streams.

Or just download it right here: https://doomshack.org/uploads/Bloodbath demo v2.zip

6 hours ago, Razgriz said:

Bourgeois SP :D :D

It's really interesting to see a modern day Deathmatch focused megawad with a fully functional Singleplayer campaign as well.

Since this is the first full megawad on the list, I'm gonna split the playthrough for the upcoming 3 streams, so while it will take me a little time to get through it I hope you guys don't mind. :)

As for everyone else that sent me their wads - Thank you so much! They're all on the list and I will do my best to go through all of them on Saturday.

If this gets big enough I might even do the streams on a weekly basis instead of bi-weekly, so keep them coming!

@Terminus

This thread comes at an opportune time for me. I'm looking for feedback on my WIP megawad Visions of Hell. If you'd like to give it a whirl please see the link to the thread with more info below.

HMP is recommended for a first play as UV can be a bit rough blind but feel free to try it if you want a challenge.

Hellevator was a community speedmapping project developed in late 2020 and is currently undergoing final round of bug testing. I'd like to submit it here as well.

5 hours ago, purist said:

@Terminus

This thread comes at an opportune time for me. I'm looking for feedback on my WIP megawad Visions of Hell. If you'd like to give it a whirl please see the link to the thread with more info below.

HMP is recommended for a first play as UV can be a bit rough blind but feel free to try it if you want a challenge.

Would you like me to emphasize testing the third episode, or go all the way from map01?

3 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Hellevator was a community speedmapping project developed in late 2020 and is currently undergoing final round of bug testing. I'd like to submit it here as well.

Sweet, I've had this in my backlog for a while and I wouldn't mind trying it out on stream.

As mentioned before, Megawads will be split into different streams as to not take away from other people's time.

Thank you everyone for your cooperation with the thread!

I think I have more than enough wads for the upcoming Saturday stream, haha.

I will try to get to as many projects as possible, but I will devote the next few Saturdays to playtesting streams, so if I end up missing your wad - there's always next week!

Do keep em coming :P

44 minutes ago, Terminus said:

Would you like me to emphasize testing the third episode, or go all the way from map01?

Well the early maps (except the replaced MAP08) have all been tested before but the full WAD is open to feedback so if you are short on time I'd prefer you to prioritise MAP08 then MAP12 - MAP15 but if you have time to run through 15 levels by all means have at it :-)

19 maps, best experienced played continuous but does support pistol starts. To be played in GZDoom with the Doom II iwad and dynamic lights enabled.

5 hours ago, Chief Smokey said:

19 maps, best experienced played continuous but does support pistol starts. To be played in GZDoom with the Doom II iwad and dynamic lights enabled.

I've played this wad a couple months ago, actually!

If you'd like I could drop you a text file with a brief review on a DM.

As for everything else, added to the list.

1 hour ago, Terminus said:

I've played this wad a couple months ago, actually!

If you'd like I could drop you a text file with a brief review on a DM.

Oh well how about that. I'll take a text file review, sure.

Here's my replacement submission, unless of course you've also played this recently. To be played with GZDoom and the Doom II iwad.

8 hours ago, Chief Smokey said:

Oh well how about that. I'll take a text file review, sure.

Here's my replacement submission, unless of course you've also played this recently. To be played with GZDoom and the Doom II iwad.

I have not played this map yet, it's been sitting on my backlog for a couple weeks :P

I'll add it to the list!

10 hours ago, Terminus said:

We are live! First playtesting stream begins right now! Hope to see you all there :D

http://twitch.tv/motiterminus

Good stuff, is there a way to tell which maps you've played? I'm new at computers 

1 hour ago, Clippy said:

Good stuff, is there a way to tell which maps you've played? I'm new at computers 

Click "twitch" on the bottom right

31 minutes ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

Click "twitch" on the bottom right

hmmmm I'm only 36 but I feel like an old man in these instances. I only heard of twitch when I joined this forum, still no idea how to navigate it or see the list of maps played to even know what's going on

Maybe I'm a lost cause but thanks anyway :)

21 minutes ago, Clippy said:

hmmmm I'm only 36 but I feel like an old man in these instances. I only heard of twitch when I joined this forum, still no idea how to navigate it or see the list of maps played to even know what's going on

Maybe I'm a lost cause but thanks anyway :)

Oh, no worries. XD I directed you to a "Twitch VOD" of today's stream.

I'm surprised, though; your voice sounds much younger than 36.

As George Carlin said at one point to himself - you're getting older, not old. XD

Oh crap, I'm sorry that I didn't commentate after the stream.

The link to the VOD is now on the first post, with time stamps of which WAD was played at what point in the video.

I will do the same for the next stream as well!

Thank you all for your participation, yesterday's stream was great and I'm definitely going to keep this going! The next playtesting stream is scheduled to Saturday, January 30th. If I haven't played your wad yet, chances are I'll get to it on this next one! And if your map/set is not on the list yet, feel free to send it over!

Would love to see your playthru of my map, Aspect of Daedalus

It's a single map, all difficulties incorporated, will probably take about 35-45 minutes for a first run.

If you get around Hell Frontier this week, make sure to grab the most recent version of the wad. It's been sneakily updated after the request.

Here's my speedmap.

Info:

* Map Name: Processing Plant.

* IWAD: Doom 2

* Map Author: Man With a Gun (MWG)

* Custom Music: Kyle Dobson - Waves of Intrigue.

* Source Port Tested on: PrBoom (complevel 9)

* Custom Sky: Yes.

* Build Time: 8hrs.

*Gameplay Time: 10-15 min.

*Map balance: Could be a harsh.

Download: PP Coop bugfix.zip

Well that was a treat - here's another map for ya, feel the burn! It's a hot map and mostly brown, pretend it's 1994 - all details inside the link

I would say 45-an hour gameplay but after seeing how fast you are maybe 20 mins to a half hour lol

Keep up the good work

Heyo, here's Lunar Outpost, details;

IWAD: TNT

Source Port Tested on: GZDOOM + Zandronum

Gameplay Time: About 2-3 hours for the whole 10 levels if aiming for close to UVMAX blind pistol starts.  However, low percentage can be done very quickly.

Difficulty: Starts off casual, ramps up to moderate, with some moments to catch your breath.

Details: Maps 2-7 were originally made as my first maps to get some friends who only played Doom 2016 and Eternal into classic Doom, but I decided to make 1,8,9, and 10 afterward.