Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terminus

The Return of Terminus' Playtesting Streams Series! [Hiatus]

Thank you all again for showing up on the stream!

VOD Link:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/957925209

The maplist breakdown is as usual on the first post.

I've added a list of mapsets in progress to the first post just to avoid confusion. I don't have much else left to go through and the submissions have been getting slim, so after I'm done with the list entirely I will probably hand-pick some of the new maps and mapsets that have surfaced on the forums and play them all in a bi-weekly matter, so don't worry about this series going away or anything. :P

VODs of streams 5 and 6 will be up on Youtube very soon.

The next playtesting stream is scheduled to Saturday, April 3rd. Until then feel free to submit your maps, and I'll see you all on the next one!

Updated version of Combat Puzzle. New fights added, rebalanced older ones. To be clear, it is designed for infinite height and other vanilla doom features.

Format: Boom

Testing Port: GzDoom

Go to the newest update of the map.

Thank you for your time.

@Terminus

I just watched your playthrough of Visions of Hell E2. I'm pleased you are still enjoying it. The challenge seems pitched about right. When you have used the resurrect cheat it seems like it is to avoid replaying like if you forgot to save rather than unfair difficulty.

Some things I noted:

I need to take a look at the teleporter in the MAP07 secret. I wonder if the destination doesn't have all the difficulty flags - good catch on that.

The secrets at the end of MAP09 & 10 are to benefit continuous players and to allow secret hunters to get back to earlier parts of the map they might have missed.

In MAP11 the cyb fight was too easy. I might make it harder to use the extra room. Those evil eyes in the prior area are both lowered by switches in the east/west parts of the map. You got one and missed the other. When they eyes are up you can working out when you are safe from them by the lighting.

Everything else worked well I think. You should be OK in E3, just 4 maps. I will give a warning on MAP15 that the lost soul limit is a factor. Make sure you have the limit set to on and don't kill any lost souls that can't hurt you or else you might get swarmed :-)

Thanks again to everyone who showed up! I was happy to stream a map from Elementalism as a bit of a special surprise and a sneak peek at the wad for everyone who's interested, and I hope that my playthrough helped give some insight to all the mappers who submitted the maps that were presented today.

There weren't many, but the ones I have played were long and fun.

VOD Links:

Part I - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/973972766

Part II - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/974321880

Maps played are listed on the first post in the thread, as usual.

The list is getting thinner so feel free to submit more maps, mapsets or weapon mods! I'm always down for trying out new stuff.

The next stream session as of the writing of this post is scheduled to Saturday, April 17th. Until then I shall await everyone's submissions :)

Session #7 will be uploaded to Youtube tonight and the link shall be available on the first post, as the other ones are.

It is probably a good time to ask for testing.

Maps 01 - 05 would be appreciated, map07 is up to you. Wanted to wait until map06 is finished, but that may take a while since I am working on other project atm.

If you have the time, please kick the tires on CWILV01.png.48b95d2ec50d7b56077143ff9188aef4.png

It's going to be my submission for this month's 3x3x3 challenge.  It's Boom compatible and uses DOOM2.WAD.  You can get it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tGU2u0tKZmDEka8OySTkL8Q8sOd0cRa2/view?usp=sharing

Some play notes:  It's basically trying to be a Plutonia Map 11, and the difficulty levels ramp up geometrically.  Unless you're into pistol starting Against Thee Wickedly as a warm up, maybe try it on a difficulty lower than UV.

Hey, Terminus, I've been away from home since March 18th and am not sure exactly when I'll get back, though I'm hoping for late April/early May. I was just wondering if you've already tested Maps 04 and 05 from Realm of Intensified Chaos, and if so, whether you still have the results? If you haven't playtested them, feel free to hold off until I finally get back to my PC, since I'd love to watch your playthroughs as they happen. ;)

On 4/13/2021 at 11:10 PM, Steve D said:

Hey, Terminus, I've been away from home since March 18th and am not sure exactly when I'll get back, though I'm hoping for late April/early May. I was just wondering if you've already tested Maps 04 and 05 from Realm of Intensified Chaos, and if so, whether you still have the results? If you haven't playtested them, feel free to hold off until I finally get back to my PC, since I'd love to watch your playthroughs as they happen. ;)

I haven't played them yet. Wouldn't mind holding them off to the next session if it means you'll watch it Live. :P

You can always check the first post on streams that you've missed to see if your wad is there, and I make sure to upload the VODs to Youtube once the Twitch link expires.

A friendly bump that the next session is happening this Saturday, at 4 PM GMT / 12 PM EST! If anyone wants to submit more maps until then, feel absolutely free to do so. :)

Thank you all for your submissions and participation on yesterday's stream! I've had a lot of fun and always appreciate everyone who comes to hang out.

Here's the link to the VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/990919958

The list of WADs that I've played are on the first post as usual.

Session 8 is now uploaded to Youtube.

I've decided to host the next playtesting stream next week. So the next one should happen at Saturday, April 24th!

Until then, feel free to keep sending me your maps and I will see you all on the next one o/

Thank you very much for your playthrough of Temporal Tantrum over the past few weeks. It was very useful to get a fresh perspective, particularly on the custom enemies, and to show up some errors that appear in GZDoom but not PrBoom (e.g. the missing skies). We've put out a quick update that fixes the skies and nerfs the plasma marine's reaction time considerably.

My intention when making Nemesis (the one map you hated) was to make something like Hotline Miami where the player could die extremely suddenly but could also get back to where they were up to from the start very quickly as well, especially when they learn the map. I knew not everyone would like that, depending on people's preferences, but I didn't expect it to get such a strong negative reaction.

I don't expect you to like the map now, even with the nerf, but hopefully you won't hate it anymore (or you could try it on HNTR, where instead of taking on a ship of plasma marines with a plasma marines with a plasma gun, you take on a ship of chaingunners with a chaingun.

This ! :)

It should take 1h-1h30 to beat it.

2 hours ago, WashingMachineEnthusiasts said:

Thank you very much for your playthrough of Temporal Tantrum over the past few weeks. It was very useful to get a fresh perspective, particularly on the custom enemies, and to show up some errors that appear in GZDoom but not PrBoom (e.g. the missing skies). We've put out a quick update that fixes the skies and nerfs the plasma marine's reaction time considerably.

My intention when making Nemesis (the one map you hated) was to make something like Hotline Miami where the player could die extremely suddenly but could also get back to where they were up to from the start very quickly as well, especially when they learn the map. I knew not everyone would like that, depending on people's preferences, but I didn't expect it to get such a strong negative reaction.

I don't expect you to like the map now, even with the nerf, but hopefully you won't hate it anymore (or you could try it on HNTR, where instead of taking on a ship of plasma marines with a plasma marines with a plasma gun, you take on a ship of chaingunners with a chaingun.

The plasma marines were really tough and the whole setting of the map really didn't allow for me to properly dodge them because they are almost as fast as a hitscan.

I do appreciate the lower difficulty option. Sorry that I might've sounded harsh on my playthrough, but I hope it helped you get a perspective of how frustrating those enemies can be under certain situations. :P

All in all the wad was very enjoyable and I'll happily play the full product once it arrives!

I've added the other submissions to the list on the first post.

After Bloodbath and Dwelling, I decided to make something a little easy and fun. All the information is in the thread - should be beatable in 10-15 minutes. 

Session 10 was a little shorter than usual, but it was still a fun and successful day. Thank you all for joining me today!

VOD Links:

1 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/999272498

2 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/999534962

(Net had a hiccup again, nice.)

Maps that I've played are posted on the first post of the thread as usual.

For those who weren't part of the stream today, I announced that I'll be making these sessions weekly, but more brief. I've been having some health issues lately that unfortunately don't let me stream for as long as I used to or anywhere as often. So even though I will still keep this going, the sessions will have to be shorter (3-4 hours instead of the usual 5+). Don't let this update make you feel reluctant to send me your maps - I am always happy to play new things when I get the chance. :)

The next stream is scheduled for next Saturday, May 1st.

Hope to see you there and of course feel free to send me your levels!

Hello, if you'd like I have a map you can try. I released this October but spent some time updating it to a standard I would be more happy with, which I finished the other day. GZDoom for the sourceport and Ultra Violence for best difficulty. It does have keycards, but doesn't really focus on a maze/keycard hunt layout, it plays more like moving room-to-room while switching between smaller fights and larger fights. I am working on another WAD, so your perspective would be great to have while I put together another new map:

@Terminus

Thanks for playing VOH. I hope you enjoyed it. I have noted a few minor bugs from your VOD so that is helpful for me making improvements. To answer a few questions:

New vanilla monsters. The limit for new monsters is more the frames than the monsters themselves. The reason I can have so many is that most of them use existing frames with just changes in properties such as speed, HP, projectiles etc and I use either the spectre flag or the palette swap flag to distinguish them from each other rather than new sprites. That is also why plasma marines look so similar to former humans. I am hoping to add at least a couple of new monsters for the last episode.

The levels mostly played correctly except a sequence break in MAP13. In that map the idea is you need to find the light switches to get through the dark areas but the red key is too easy to beat in the dark so it allows you to skip the bunker area (that you did anyway) without much risk.

Thank you all again for coming to the stream and for your continuous support and map submissions! I'm always happy to get more, so feel absolutely free.

VOD Links:

1 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1007417468

2 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1007544909

The maps played are listed on the first post as usual.

The VODs are pretty nicely divided this time around, as VOD 1 is basically Death's Dichotomy and VOD 2 is everything else that I've played. That wasn't intentional, just my internet hiccupping at a very convenient position is all. :P

The next stream is scheduled to next Saturday, May 8th.

See you then!

Some crazy looking maps there in your stream. The one with the central hub where you can pick different maps is ridiculous. The Why They Die map is also crazy looking and I'm giving that a playthrough for sure. Cant wait for you to try mine! 

I've got two maps for you to playtest at some point if you'd like. :-) Estimated length for each is ~30-60 minutes.