Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imgonnagetcha

Death itself Cannot die...

Why do certain people ALWAYS have to "warn" us that they want to post a story?
Just post the damn thing when it's ready - you don't have to friggin' tell everyone "Yay! I'm going to write a story shortly, aren't you all EXCITED???"

Okay! I'm done. Post your comments but no insults, cuz I know im not good.

CHAPTER 1
“Good shooting, soldier!” yelled my drill sergeant. I’m A.J. Hubbard, Space Marine in Training. My training was almost complete, and I would be a full-fledged Marine. My father was a Marine and so was his father. I was prepared to pass on the tradition. I lowered my shotgun to the floor and sighed. My friend Mark was beside me. “Damn, man. You get better every time!” he said. He was jealous of my accuracy in the shooting range. We both were training to be a part of the new Red Falcon Space Marine squad, along with a few others. Mark, Myself, a man everyone called Rocky, his older brother Kazi, and a woman named Venus. Mark and I were the only ones who needed to complete our training to be part of the team. Everyone else was already in. Our drill sergeant stepped down from the room, and he looked at Mark and me.
“Of all the time I have been a drill instructor, I have never seen such awesome shooting. A.J., you scored a perfect 150. And Mark, you weren’t far off with 142. I think you two are qualified enough. Welcome to Red Falcon, my boys.” A grin spread on my face like butter on toast. I had made it.

That night was cold and quiet. I was sitting on my bed, when I heard someone walk in. I turned around. It was Venus. “Welcome aboard, soldier.” She said. I scratched my head. “You can just call me A.J.” She nodded. “Well, you’d better get some sleep. We’ve got some work to do tomorrow.” Venus left my room. I lay down in my bed and closed my eyes. I felt myself drift closer into sleep. I awoke. The room was hot. Boiling hot. Like fire. But I soon realized I wasn’t in my room. It was a strange place. The sky was a bright red, and the air smelled of blood and rotting flesh. There were strange pillars surrounding a slab of concrete with a strange symbol etched on its surface in the center of the room. Pools and fountains of blood were in the corners. The walls were black and made of an unknown stone material, and there was no ceiling. I was scared. I didn’t know where this strange place was. I examined the concrete slab in the middle. It had a frightening face etched on its surface. It looked as if it was scratched in with a fingernail. I touched it, and to my horror, the symbol started to glow. A flash of green light surrounded it and a shape was formed. The shape turned into a hideous creature. Its eyes were far apart and it had large, bloody horns on its head. It was enormous in size, and it had some sort of weapon attached to its arm. It looked like it was half flesh, and half machine. It had no legs like a human, except it had legs and hooves like a horse. One leg was real, the other machine. The creature growled at me, as clouds of foam flowed out of its sharp-toothed grin. It opened its gaping mouth and unleashed a deafening roar, like a thunderclap, but about forty times louder. I woke up in a cold sweat. It was a dream. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and looked at my clock. It was morning. About 5:00. I looked beside me and saw Mark in his bed, Sleeping soundly. Like a friggin’ baby. I thought to myself. I jumped out of my bed and dressed into my new Red Falcon uniform. I started making my way to the door, when I heard something. It was a scream. Coming from the laboratory. I turned to Mark and shouted, “MARK! WAKE UP! SOMETHING’S WRONG!” Mark jumped from his bed and followed me down to the labs. I drew my pistol and punched in the code to open the lab doors. I heard growling noises coming from inside. I jumped in the door. Venus was standing in the room with a large gun drawn. Beside her was a horrible creature like I’ve never seen before. It was fat, vile and looked quite ugly. It had two cannons attached to its forearms, and had bright green eyeballs. Its stomach hung below its knees, if it had any, and all there was supporting it was its feet. It had a small tail and extremely sharp looking teeth. Its skin was bloodstained. I fired my pistol into the creature’s skull. Round after round penetrated the monster’s head. It’s skull split open, revealing it’s brain, and it fell to the ground. It was dead. Venus got up from the ground. A frightened look was on her face. She looked at the monster’s body. It lay motionless on the lab floor, and blood was still gushing from its now opened skull. Rocky and his brother ran from their rooms. Kazi looked at the monster. “What the hell is that?” He yelled. Rocky looked as if he was about ready for a new pair of pants. Venus swallowed. “It came from the walls… A green light filled the room and it appeared…” I remembered my dream. The green light, the monster… Something weird was going on. And I wasn’t prepared to find out.

Well I can say for sure that you got my attention all the way through, good work.
I hope to see more coming from you.

Red Falcon, heheh...

That's the name of the enemy in most of those Contra games.

I'm sure you did. Still, it's a funny coincidence to those who know the game.

Allrite, got chapter 2 done! here it is. hope you like it.

CHAPTER 2

Red Falcon was marching down the main hall to the laboratories once again. Venus looked concerned. “We have to find out just what the hell is going on,” She yelled. I was sweating with fear. I wanted to find out what was going on, but I also was scared to find out. The lab door opened, and the team stepped inside. The monster had been moved, but bloodstains still remained on the floor. Venus examined the wall where the monster seemed to come out of. Nothing. There was nothing peculiar about the wall. Not even a scratch. “Hmmm… nothing.” Said Rocky. “Nothing wrong.” I scratched my head. It just didn’t make sense. “Assign some guards to the south door of the Labs.” Venus ordered into her radio. I couldn’t hide it any longer… I spoke. “This is just like my dream…” Rocky looked at me. “What the fuck are you talking about?” he growled. “Last night. I was sleeping, and I had a terrible nightmare. I was in a strange place… can’t explain it. I… don’t remember clearly. All I remember is that the room I was in filled with a green light, and a hideous monster appeared from nowhere. Then I woke up…” The group went silent. “Green light… monsters appearing from nowhere… it was just like what happened to me.” Venus said, quietly. I swallowed. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you guys.” Mark looked at me. “Don’t worry about it, man. Let’s just find out what the hell’s going on here.”
I was lying in bed the next night, afraid to go to sleep. What if more monsters like that came? I tried to shake the feeling off, and I closed my eyes. I awoke suddenly. I felt it again. The scorching heat. This time it was hotter. Like I was in a huge pot of boiling water. Being cooked. The place wasn’t the same as last time. The sky was still a bright red, but the pillars were gone, as was the symbol in the middle. The pools of blood had dried into a disgusting dried up mound, like a huge scab. This time, I walked into a door that was opened when I walked into the middle of the room. It startled me when it opened. I walked into the door. I saw a wall that looked familiar. It was the same kind of walls in the spaceport I was sent to for Space Battle Training. It was the same place. I woke up in a cold sweat again. This time, I screamed a bit. Loud enough to wake up Mark. “Mmmhhh… what the hell’s wrong with you?” He asked. “I had another dream…” I wiped the sweat off my eyebrows, and wiped my hands on my bed. Then I heard a noise. It came from the labs again. It was a smashing noise, like the sound of something hard and metal hitting the ground. It was followed by two screams of pain, and then silence. Mark and I were silent. Mark got up and dressed into his uniform. So did I. We planned on going down to the labs to see what was going on, but I was hesitating. I didn’t want to know what was down there. But at the same time I did. Just then, I felt a hand hit my shoulder. A scream escaped my lips. I turned around quickly. It was Venus. “Fuck! You scared me shitless!” I yelled. Venus giggled. “Sorry.” Why would she be laughing? Surely she heard what was going on. “Didn’t you hear something in the labs?” I asked. Venus’s grin turned into a serious frown. “Yeah, I did. That’s why I’m awake.” We marched down the long, steep stairway to the lab. I loaded a few shells into my combat shotgun. I opened the door quickly. Nothing. Nothing except a pair of dead guards. I couldn’t tell what they were. It looked as if their bodies were half eaten. Teeth marks were engraved in one’s face, and the other’s intestines were completely gone. Large puddles of blood filled underneath the dead corpses. Venus put her hand over her mouth as if she was going to throw up. I looked away in disgust. I pushed my attention over to a shattered computer monitor on the floor. Several shelves containing test tubes were knocked over and smashed. “What the hell is going on here!?!” Mark yelled. My eyes widened in horror. I looked down the hallway and my heartbeat quickened significantly. A large pink demon was looking at us from the hall. It had a large mouth, small but muscular arms and fierce clawed feet. The creature looked like a shaved gorilla with horns. Blood and pieces of flesh were stuck to its massive teeth. The monster growled ferociously. I rose my shotgun and pointed it at the creature. It roared and charged towards us. Venus screamed and Mark swore loudly. I fired. Several shotgun pellets ran through the creature’s face like a hot knife through butter. One side of its face exploded in a red mist as bits of pink flesh flew in the air. The creature was not dead. It continued to charge at us, despite its terrible wound. I fired again. This time, I hit it in the chest, causing its stomach to burst, revealing bits and pieces of the two guards. The creature fell to the ground. It was dead. We fell silent. Venus was breathing heavily. Mark was totally silent. I was sweating with fear. I heard a beep coming from my radio. I lifted it to my ear. “… yeah…” I answered quietly. A loud voice was coming from my radio. “RED FALCON! DO YOU COPY? WE NEED BACKUP HERE! WE’RE IN THE STATION! GODDAMNIT, THERES TOO MANY OF ‘EM! GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE!” I gasped. The radio filled with the sounds of battle. Men screaming, a sergeant yelling orders, guns firing, bones cracking… and finally silence. They were all dead by the sounds of things. We needed to get to the Space Station. Like in my dream… the station, the monsters… It was all leading to this.

Looking good. Seems like an alternative retelling of the Doom story.

Do continue.

dsm said:

Looking good. Seems like an alternative retelling of the Doom story.

Do continue.

..well, looking at the fan fics/ fan pics forum, hes already there. .....he can read your mind!!!!! its Miss. Cleo!!!! Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn

I've read it and I must say, Jolly good Ol' time Young chap, do proceed.