Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrogMaster

WADs for Arcade-styled/Score-based Gameplay

I saw this one modification that I remember having a ranking and scoring system but I can't find it for the life of me. Are there any modifications that people know about that will add scoring features and other arcade elements to Doom for more replayability? 

11 hours ago, FrogMaster said:

Are there any modifications that people know about that will add scoring features and other arcade elements to Doom for more replayability? 

21 hours ago, Chainie said:

Skulldash by @Dragonfly is arcade styled wad if i remember correctly.

Yep! Much more arcadey in nature than vanilla doom. Thanks for the shoutout Chainie! Here's a link :)

https://www.joshuaosullivan.co.uk/skulldash/

So as to not be a shameless self-plug, there's other wads and such that have arcadey feels. The ScoreDoom port was one such thing that comes to mind but that is horrifically out of date now. There's also Dakka, or if you're open to a much more modified experience, The Golden Souls series by Batandy is also a good candidate. 

Super Sonic Doom is score based as well. It's a bit dated but it's pretty fun.

While I'm at it, would Stronghold be considered an arcade style gameplay?

Reelism Gold by @Kinsie is one of my favorite mods out there, with tons of replayability, a score system, and a unique arcade inspired mechanic.

It's often compared to Smash TV, as it has a similar scoring method and gameplay loop.

Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but it's about as Arcade-y as it gets!

Reelism Gold: https://www.thekinsie.com/reelism/

5 hours ago, m8f said:

War Trophies - no gameplay modifications, only points, ranks, and medals.

This was the one I was thinking of! I couldn't think of the name but that's exactly the mod that was on my mind! 😍