Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anonymous

Are you getting Doom 3 for the Xbox? and why?

Why or why not are you getting DooM 3 for the Xbox. My guess is- your getting an Xbox and Doom 3 because you can't afford a monster computer, your getting a brand new computer with Doom 3 in mind because you can't wait for the xbox port and it's just going to play way better then the Xbox plus mods, wads and multiplayer, or you already have a kick ass computer and your waiting for Doom 3 to go gold so that you can get the best graphics card out there.

I might as well get the XBOX version cuz my PC is too out-dated to run DOOM3, And even if I buy all the upgrade parts, I don't have the know-how to disassemble than reconstruct it properly.

It depends on when it comes out. I intend to have a new computer, in Q2 2003 with a P4 3.2 or 3.4 ghz based on the .09 micron chipset on a gig of ddr400mhz ram on a 800mhz fsb. So I will get it for the PC as well as the xbox, but if it comes out for xbox before PC then I'll pick it up immediately. If it comes out for pc and I have my pc by then, before it comes out before xbox, I won't get it for xbox for a while.

Why or why not are you getting DooM 3 for the Xbox.

I am not getting D3 for XBOX beause I don't own it. My friend does though and I'll force him to at least rent it.

AirRaid said:

I detest consoles.

I second that - hate them keypads. Gimme a good PC with a good ol' keyboard.

dsm said:

I third it!

tsareppsun said:

I might as well get the XBOX version cuz my PC is too out-dated to run DOOM3, And even if I buy all the upgrade parts, I don't have the know-how to disassemble than reconstruct it properly.

Ditto. Plus I don't have enough money to buy a new computer. :(

I won't buy an Xbox just for doom 3. I've been working for 2 summers to get my money for a computer so $$$ is not a problem. I just don't know what parts to buy, there are too many specs to look out for !

AirRaid said:

I detest consoles.

Ct_red_pants said:

No, because I don't have one.

Then why post in an X-Box related thread?

dsm (and friends) said:

Umm, you do realise that you can get keyboards (and mice for that matter) for consoles, right?

Hey, at least he didn't go "OMFG CONSOLES SUK LOLOL~" for several paragraphs.

Besides, it's just a postcount++ maneuver.

And yeah, but the only console which currently supports playing any FPSes with Mouse & KB is the PS2, and the only games that support it are like, Half-Life, Red Faction 2, and Q3R (I think?).

NiGHTMARE said:

Umm, you do realise that you can get keyboards (and mice for that matter) for consoles, right?

Indeed, I have a keyboard for my dreamcast.

Anyway... I won't be buying Doom 3 for the X-Box myself, because I don't have one. One of my friends does though, so I'll probably play it on that.

I don't really see the point in buying the same game for more than one system, unless they're significantly different. The only game I have on the PC and the PS2 is Half-life, and that's only for the PS2 exclusive co-op levels. Even then I only bought it once I came down in price.

OMFG CONSOLES SUK LOLOL~
OMFG CONSOLES SUK LOLOL~
OMFG CONSOLES SUK LOLOL~

and
Have a new Christmas

NiGHTMARE said:

Never heard of that no. Oh well, then that's a plus.

But then there's another problem: PCs can be upgraded, last I heard, consoles have that major weakness that they eventually become obsolete. In addition, console games are expensive as Hell - at least last I checked.

Most console games cost in the neighborhood of $50. Just like most PC games, when they come out.

And while consoles can't be upgraded, they don't generally fuck up like PCs are wont to do. And you don't have to worry about upgrading drivers, or patching your games, or any of that bullshit. Y'know?

dsm said:

consoles have that major weakness that they eventually become obsolete

Well yes, but they usually last a good few years; new PS1 games are still coming out, and that's been around for ages. Besides, the cost of buying a new console every three years is actually less than upgrading your PC every three years (especially if you wait until a few months after the new console comes out) :)

In addition, console games are expensive as Hell - at least last I checked.

You're right - brand new PS2 games usually cost about £10 more than their PC equivalents, and the X-Box and Game Cube are just as bad. However, the answer to this is to either wait for them to come down in price (which they do fairly quickly compared to PC games - I recently bought 4 PS2 games from HMV for £60 ($96), none of them less than two years old), or buy them second hand (near me, you can get second hand console games from Game, Games Exchange, and a market stall).

Im renting it, and using it at a freinds house, just to compare how it looks and plays

I hate that X-Box control pad though - tried to play halo on it the other day, friggin impossible

And DSM, im not a moron, and if you can write you can read. I hope YOU read what i wrote though, because i made that post on purpose.

Darkstalker said:

I won't buy an Xbox just for doom 3. I've been working for 2 summers to get my money for a computer so $$$ is not a problem. I just don't know what parts to buy, there are too many specs to look out for !

Check your PM's. Sent you one.

Lord FlatHead said:

Ever heard of Mario ? Mega Man ? Final Fantasy ? Chrono Trigger ? Metal Slug ? Capcom VS SNK ?

You and your fancy PC's can all go to hell.

Wtf's your problem?
I show my personal opinion and you start giving me that???

Now if you like consoles then that's fine, but I reserve my right to detest them, because I have yet to try a console game that I liked.

And all those games you listed up there don't mean squat to me. Yeah, I've tried Mario, but I haven't been interested in platform games since I was 15.

Eh.

Console gaming >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PC gaming.

In every department except strategy and fast-paced shooters.