Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anonymous

Are you getting Doom 3 for the Xbox? and why?

I sixth it.

(The part about killing people if Doom3 comes out on xbox first. I don't mind console game pads, however.)

Fredrik said:

[...]except strategy and fast-paced shooters.

Quite, and those are roughly the only games I play.

dsm said:

Quite, and those are roughly the only games I play.

Good for you, though that must be like only watching western movies, only listening to hardcore or only reading books about gardening...

Fredrik said:

Good for you, though that must be like only watching western movies, only listening to hardcore or only reading books about gardening...

I have chosen to limit the scope because I have at last found that the only games capable of fully entertaining me and satisfying my needs for entertainment are the games that I play nowadays. I've played lots of different games in the past, but always returned to first person shooters - they never fail.

So now I have a few games that collect dust, because I do not find them funny anymore. If you're smart, you only go out and buy games that you know will last and the only genre that I find lasts is the fps genre.

In other words: No, it's not like watching only westerns, it's about finding what type of games you like.

Fredrik said:

In every department except strategy and fast-paced shooters.

And RPGs. And adventures. And puzzle games. And card games. And... (etc)

NiGHTMARE said:

And RPGs. And adventures. And puzzle games. And card games. And... (etc)

Are you talking about PCs or consoles now?

No, I hate playing with a controler for any first-person game. I geting a new pc next week.

Katarhyne said:

And while consoles can't be upgraded, they don't generally fuck up like PCs are wont to do. And you don't have to worry about upgrading drivers, or patching your games, or any of that bullshit. Y'know?

Thats true but consoles are stuck with a buggy game. Most of us p.c.
games take veary good care of ower computers. So fucking up is not a problem.

Demons Hand said:

Thats true but consoles are stuck with a buggy game. Most of us p.c.
games take veary good care of ower computers. So fucking up is not a problem.

Tell you what, I've never played a really buggy game for a console.

Fredrik said:

You haven't played EVERY console game out there either, at least I doubt that you have. If you HAVE played every game out there for consoles, then you need to see a psychiatrist.

I've seen console game bugs before in the past and I still hear some people complain about annoying bugs in console games.

Anyway, whether we prefer consoles or pcs is irrelevant. The question here is whether we are buying Doom 3 for the Xbox, and if so why and if not so why not?

My answer: NO, because from what we've heard so far, the XBox version of Doom 3 is going to be vastly inferior graphics and performance wise. And since I don't want an extra computer to take up precious space (certainly not a computer which is only designed to play games on), I'll stick with my good old PC and just upgrade it.

I've seen console game bugs before in the past and I still hear some people complain about annoying bugs in console games.

Yep. There are some extremely buggy console games. Many console games, even major ones, actually get revised halfway through their shelf life. Just ask Quasar, he can tell you all about it.

Anyway, whether we prefer consoles or pcs is irrelevant. The question here is whether we are buying Doom 3 for the Xbox, and if so why and if not so why not?

This is why dsm is a mod.

...from what we've heard so far, the XBox version of Doom 3 is going to be vastly inferior graphics and performance wise...

Actually, it's quite likely the Xbox version of Doom 3 will be very similar in performance and appearance to the PC version. Keep in mind that while the Xbox is only a 733Mhz Celeron/PIII hybrid with a modified Geforce 3, applications are much more free to use the entirety of the hardware's power, as they run in real mode (essentially). Games running on a Windows PC are actually running far slower than they really could.

Yep. There are some extremely buggy console games. Many console games, even major ones, actually get revised halfway through their shelf life.

You're right, the reason why I rarely see any bugs in console games might be that I live in Europe. The PAL versions of many console games, when they are released six months after they hit the shelves in the US, are highly different from the NTSC versions - in many cases there are lots of bug fixes.

Fredrik said:

THPS3. The glitch list for that game is longer than a very long thing.

AirRaid said:

THPS3. The glitch list for that game is longer than a very long thing.

I only play good games :P

Fredrik said:

Are you talking about PCs or consoles now?

Seeing as Escape From Monkey Island is pretty much the only adventure game ever released for a console, the answer to that should be rather obvious :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Seeing as Escape From Monkey Island is pretty much the only adventure game ever released for a console, the answer to that should be rather obvious :)

Er yeah :P

I'll get it for PC and Xbox.

PC:
Heavy editing, modelling and modding

Console:
Couch relax factor, big screen, perfect speaker setup, 1on1 deathmatch?

Major Grit said:
Me I am getting it for the PS2 for the simple fact that Sony is better and x box sucks.

What makes you think the ps2 is getting doom 3?

I really don't think the PS2 will be able to handle Doom 3. However, when Sony finally get around to releasing their next console (which methinks will be called the PS3), there's a good change Doom 3 will be ported to that. It depends how long it takes Sony to get their arses in gear and actually make a new console though.

/Me wonders HOW many consoles the console lovers have accumulated over time
:-P

Major Grit said:

Me I am getting it for the PS2 for the simple fact that Sony is better and x box sucks.

Sorry, due to the fact that PS2 is a piece of SHIT compared to the XBOX, there will be no Doom 3 on PS2.

Katarhyne said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Don't make me whip out the Bancannon. I'm lethal with an SSG, y'know. No console flamewars here.

The simple fact is that the X-Box came out many months after the PS2, and is therefore more technlogically advanced. The only reason the PS2 is "better" than the X-Box (and indeed the Game Cube) is because it has a much larger quantity and quality of games.

But with counsle's cant up the rez as far as a pc can. A tv can't handle veary high rez.All so you nead a new councle to play next gen games. I can just replace some parts in my pc.

But with counsle's cant up the rez as far as a pc can. A tv can't handle veary high rez.

The X-Box supports HDTV (1920x1080). Also, 40" of TV is better than 19" of a PC monitor.

All so you nead a new councle to play next gen games. I can just replace some parts in my pc.

A new console costs less than a new state-of-the-art PC graphics card.

Major Grit said:

Loser you know nothing. You just watch the X box go the way of the Dinosaurs and the Sega.

Not gonna happen, Microsoft has deep pockets it will be around for a while.

Fredrik said:

The X-Box supports HDTV (1920x1080). Also, 40" of TV is better than 19" of a PC monitor.

Yes, but will Doom 3 on XBox run at that resolution? :P

I won't be buying it, simply because A) I don't have a XBox (don't intend to buy one either) and B) the money used on buying and XBox and Doom3 for it could be used to upgrade this PC. So nyah.