Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Triloguy

what is the best doom wad according to you

Hello,
I have a question.
What do you think is the best doom wad ever made?
It can be 1 level but also a whole megawad.
It may not be a level of the original game.

From Triloguy

Momento mori 2. Still a fantastic megawad to this day. As well as JCP, especially the last few levels, which have stellar music and visuals.

9 minutes ago, LudicrousFPS said:

The Astral Cacos can go fuck themselves.

I concur with this statement.

8 minutes ago, Triloguy said:

okay

Please don’t tell me that Adam oker has returned.

Ancient Aliens, Shadows of The Nightmare Realm, Vanguard, Eviternity, Demons of Problematique 2 are all probably my top 5.

1. Memento Mori II
  2. Going Down
  3. Community Chest 4
  4. No End In Sight
  5. NRFTL
  6. Scythe 2
  7. CzechBox
  8. Speed Of Doom
  9. Back to Saturn X E1
  10. Plutonia 2                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Take a crack at those                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Have people forgotten about Kama Sutra?

Normally when I creep threads like this I often barely see anyone mention Ksutra.wad.  I wouldn't say it's the best pWAD, nor have I ever officially completed it (I've actually never officially UV-Maxed any iWAD or pWAD in it's entirety or even run through an entire WAD), but back in 2010 or so I thought this was a perfect blend between Hell Revealed and Alien Vendetta especially since it's fully Vanilla.

No End In Sight. I've long since lost count of the number of times I've rambled on about its greatness. NEIS is everything I love about Ultimate Doom turned up to eleven.

For megawads, Memento Mori 2. It's the one I have replayed the most. Excellent level design (especially for its time of release), beautiful custom graphics and textures and a kick ass soundtrack. For gameplay mods, I would go with Immoral Conduct for the EDGE source port. I feel like that really kickstarted many of the modern gameplay mods that we see today.

6 hours ago, Triloguy said:

Hello,
I have a question.
What do you think is the best doom wad ever made?
It can be 1 level but also a whole megawad.
It may not be a level of the original game.

From Triloguy

6 hours ago, Triloguy said:

That is indeed a good megawad

5 hours ago, Triloguy said:

okay

Is this really the kind of answers you want to give to your often repeated question? There is no clear winner as its all subjective.

But there is the Cacowards for guidelines.