Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Triloguy

Which console do you play doom on

12 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

3DS, Shame no music for this port but still appreciate its on there. 

I feel they missed an opportunity for an official port with the 3DS's local wireless mode for co-op/dm or camera for user avatars. 

I always wanted a Doom collection on the 3DS, but that never came officially.

At least it happened on Switch.

4 hours ago, Wavy said:

What 3DS port are you using? I use elhobbs's PrBoom 3DS port and that has music.

I think it's the same but the music's messed up like its missing channels, from reading the link you posted it seems I have to 'rename SDL_mixer_beta.dll to SDL_mixer.dll' 

I'll have to try it thank you. 

I like the GBA port... Understatement of the decade lol :)

But the Unity port for PC, Xbox one is nice. I also play the Xbox 360 XBLA port from time to time. I have a top 100 placement on the Xbox live leaderboard, and speedrun all the previous ports mentioned. :)

I've had the pleasure of playing Doom on almost any device.

Doom 2016 for ps4.

Doom 1 and 2 on PC, GBA, SNES, Sega 32X albeit only for a few minutes, and even on a calculator.(Who hasn't)

Doom 64 and Doom 3 + Resurrection of Evil on PC

i play on pc most of the time but i also play on the psp though doom legacy port and on the 3ds using the boom port for the ds (i dont know if thats just me but i tried a lot of the 3ds doom ports an all of them runned way worse then the boom port for the ds

I just picked up a Bluetooth audio adapter for my Switch just so I could conveniently play Doom on bus rides.

I've had Doom 1 on there for a good while, and recently picked up Doom II and 64 at the tail-end of a sale.

As much as I prefer playing with mouse and keyboard, I tend to be busy mapping when I'm actually at my PC, so it's nice to get some Doom time in when I'm off somewhere else.

On 1/19/2021 at 9:03 PM, Triloguy said:

But so on which console do you play a doom game?

Xbox One. The Unity Ports, 64, Doom 3, 2016, and Eternal.

Doom 64, though there's a certain quality to playing it on the n64, love the pc/xbox port of it, but that trident controller hits different for me.
If I'm not at my pc, I will just play them on my xbox 1.

I like the Doom on xbox that came out in 2004. But that game itself doesn't operate like the original dooms it seems to just be a fear instilled game where you are dealt with too many 3 on 1 scenarios that only thrive off the environment in the game like demons popping out the ground shafts .Fyi now at age 30 I realized that Doom environment in the game looks identical to CERNS underground facility .Very scary indeed. Makes me wonder wtf is CERN actually doing?.

I'd play DOOM on the PSX or the N64 if only the original hardware played nicely with newer televisions.
But for now I'm very happy with playing all of the DOOM games on the Switch.

Normally a PC player, have every game in the series on my PC.

I bought the classic games on Switch and was able to watch my brother repeatedly die on Ultra Violence but we both loved every second of it; also recently bought all the classic games on PS5 so that I actually have more shit to play on it.

I also own an original copy of Doom 64 and copies of both PSX Doom games.

On 6/1/2021 at 12:19 PM, Allhailnewflesh said:

Nobody seems to play Doom on 3DO or Saturn, huh

For obvious performance reasons.

I like 32x version, played a few times on a friend's console. And tried most on emulators. It's mainly pc though.

Also,

D64 is not in the main series, it's a spin-off, just like Final Doom. That false idea was especially pushed on recent years or so.

And, unfortunately people have fallen for that. But The North remembers.

Note: I like d64.

Edited by roboticmehdi2

On 6/3/2021 at 12:32 PM, roboticmehdi2 said:

I like 32x version, played a few times on a friend's console. And tried most on emulators. It's mainly pc though.

Also,

D64 is not in the main series, it's a spin-off, just like Final Doom. That false idea was especially pushed on recent years or so.

And, unfortunately people have fallen for that. But The North remembers.

Note: I like d64.

No, it's canon. Always has been. And the north remembers nothing because they're a bunch of geriatrics. I win.

Hi everyone. I have just recently registered.
Please don't dislike me.
I only play with PrBoom port on gba sp and, less often, with PrBoom on DS lite and DSi XL: more precisely with Doom, Doom2, Plutonia, TNT.
Both these ports are rarely, or maybe never, mentioned.
Now I'm here to give them the honor they deserve.
The first one is something incredible, given the hardware on which it runs.

Conveniently the first actual time i played Doom was when i was 7 on the xbox 360 as well as Wolf3d and i would always play on the easiest difficulty for both, me and my nephew would always be angering each other and making are screens perfectly red with super shotgun blasts whenever he came over and we were just playing splitscreen pvp because we got tired of playing Mc console edition or cod zombies(and we used no boundaries for either of those games, i just heard that some people commonly did/still do that so i thought i might as well include it in consideration of possible recordability), as far as i remember for wolf3d i played it alone but i also remember me thinking can i play daddy B.J. was an old man instead of a baby kind of signifying that the controller is being given to you now and that the certain B.J. was actually a different person from the other ones below him or it's possibly your grandfather giving you a turn now, but i remember coming to my senses and figuring out that he is not an old man, most likely when I was 8 or 7 1/2, i think i could have actually been 9 as well, but anyways i'm pretty sure out of anyone I was possibly friends with that didn't live with me I spent the most time with my nephew.