Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hurricane hoatzine

What do you think of midnight

He it's one of the more wholesome content creator of Doom, including with Allstin and Mayo.

I love his videos that talk about LORE, and Hypotethical Situations, Like the Doom Slayer vs the SpaceMarine Universe or Kratos. He it's like a Humble type of creator, he may not have the best gameplay, or edition, but he got passion and dedication. Im a fan of his work and really like how he expreses his opinions, even if now it's comparated for other Content Creators.

Also Hate it's a strong word that should not be used for individuals that really are not doing something bad or hurtful.

Yeah, but it's great to use other type of words, if not feel very grosero, rude.

It's better to use words like Dislike, UnPopular, Bad Takes, instead of go Hate.

He made some hot-takes (the E3 2019 fake leaks and the art book leaks to name a few) but his content is generally of quality and he seems to be a nice guy to hang with

Met him at QuakeCon and hung out with him for a bit. Bought him a few drinks.  Nice kid

Yeah, but that's it's the Youtuber Opinion,  i see some Youtubers saying that John Romero it's a Douche and i dont see people taking that like if its.

Dont grab your perspective for what popular media says, and it's okay to dislike something if you dont like it, but what's not rigth it's the hatewagon because a popular say it's like that. It's something that i learned and will help you to make more greateful discutions.

I never really watched much of his content but from my experience, i assume it was the most generic clickbait channel you could do with Doom.

Like, whatever cliche you'd see in most basic Youtube channels, most of them would be there.

But then i saw (as in, their thumbnail and title, not directly watching) someone's video about them in 30 minutes, when i think you could actually explain his problems in much less time. (specially from people that i assume recently got into Doom and the fanbase at a certain level to not notice anything about wads or source ports)

Maybe in real life he's not a terrible person, but just looking at his channel or his videos popping up in recommendations makes him seem like those type of guys that might as well be "gamefying" Youtube's systems.

As far as i know, the worst he seems to do is misleading titles and clickbait trash, but i haven't seen/heard him doing something actually bad like scamming fans for actual money, physically hurting someone or grooming minors.

Now i see people acting like he's the worst thing to happen in the Doom community, when they could instead endorse more interesting Doom related content, specially if it's something niche, unique or even important, for a series' fanbase that did so much and has a lot to talk about.

On 1/19/2021 at 11:01 AM, hurricane hoatzine said:

Do you do not like him or ok with him

Or just do not care

He comes across as a very friendly, laid back, and genuine person.  Though of course when you don't know somebody personally that's hard to gauge for anybody.

That said, a lot of what Cynic said recently is completely warranted in regards to his content creation on Youtube.  The clickbait, begging for subscribers, and spoiler thumbnails are probably the real offenders.

However after viewing his latest videos he seems to have taken the criticisms to heart, didn't start any drama, and even speeds up his voice post-editing.  Therefore I call the guy genuine for his actions.

He's basically what MRBOSSFTW is to GTA content. I don't hate the guy, I just despise the clickbaity content he makes just so he can get that ad revenue.

He's a nice guy, but the way he manages his Doom content and all is far from amazing. He was valuable before Eternal's launch alongside RipNTear Gaming, but now he's a bit of a mixed bag.

On 1/23/2021 at 8:47 PM, whatup876 said:

But then i saw (as in, their thumbnail and title, not directly watching) someone's video As far as i know, the worst he seems to do is misleading titles and clickbait trash, but i haven't seen/heard him doing something actually bad like scamming fans for actual money, physically hurting someone or grooming minors.

Now i see people acting like he's the worst thing to happen in the Doom community, when they could instead endorse more interesting Doom related content, specially if it's something niche, unique or even important, for a series' fanbase that did so much and has a lot to talk about.

It's all relative. The things he does still suck, even if they aren't genocide. Most topics about Doom are positive. His poor choices in content creation aren't that often discussed from what i see.

He lowers the bar for nu-doom content creation. Getting more viewership at the expense of the viewers experience. Must be tempting for smaller channels to follow his poor example.

What he does isn't uncommon, but within DOOM, it stands out like a sore thumb.

I have seen cynic's video. I agree with most of the points. Although cynic himself is the type to upload an 8 minute video prompted by Hugo Martin sneezing or something but I digress.

I get that Doom Eternal isn't exactly easy to make regular content for. Midnight would have fared much better covering other games too.

On a lighter note, I've been really enjoying MtPain27's DEAN OF DOOM series. Awesome stuff

The guy has made questionable decisions in producing his content in the past, but hopefully he has since taken onboard the constructive criticisms.

Given his encouraging response I'd say that he's a decent person, but laziness and chasing the algorithm has negatively impacted his content production.

The fact that so many content creators feel the need to try and game the algorithm is a fucking travesty. Unless your super-savvy in new media, algo-chasing turns your content to generic shit. Even then, big production values might not save you.

On 1/20/2021 at 2:37 AM, jamondemarnatural said:

Yeah, but it's great to use other type of words, if not feel very grosero, rude.

It's better to use words like Dislike, UnPopular, Bad Takes, instead of go Hate.

It's the Internet, man. This is just how things are.

Rather than taking every word literally, why not instead consider the context of how the word is being used. It's very safe to assume that actual hatred isn't being expressed here.

5 hours ago, Cantleylads said:

It's the Internet, man. This is just how things are.

Rather than taking every word literally, why not instead consider the context of how the word is being used. It's very safe to assume that actual hatred isn't being expressed here.

And instead to talk it like in a better way, let's just accept being mean in the internet because that's how the internet is and we need thick skin?

I'm not offended, but for me it's downplay the word Hate as it's used in things that are really not that bad.

And i really got Hate for people, but for real reasons, instead of internet drama, but that's how things are.

11 hours ago, Cantleylads said:

On a lighter note, I've been really enjoying MtPain27's DEAN OF DOOM series. Awesome stuff

Just discovered this a couple of days ago myself and have been playing catch-up ever sense. Thoughtful, thorough critiques with some sprinkles of dry humor. Makes for perfect bg fodder.

6 hours ago, jamondemarnatural said:

And instead to talk it like in a better way, let's just accept being mean in the internet because that's how the internet is and we need thick skin?

I'm not offended, but for me it's downplay the word Hate as it's used in things that are really not that bad.

And i really got Hate for people, but for real reasons, instead of internet drama, but that's how things are.

Its not really about thick skin. It's understanding that this is merely internet drama, so the word 'hate' is an exagguration - probably deliberate too.

You cannot control the way people use language. You give the word it's power by protesting against it's misuse.

Also, I hate clickbait, padded content, spoiler thumbnails and excessive ads. ;-)

7 hours ago, Cantleylads said:

Also, I hate clickbait, padded content, spoiler thumbnails and excessive ads. ;-)

That's good to hate, it's bad.

But when hate get into people,  that's where its bad, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, jamondemarnatural said:

That's good to hate, it's bad.

But when hate get into people,  that's where its bad, in my opinion.

As you said yourself, this is merely Internet drama, about a random guy creating videos for a video game for a living.

I don't know what to say man...

I've watched some of his videos and found him a bit edgy or tryhard compared to other youtubers. I prefer RipNtear Gaming when it comes to Doom-related content.

I've seen a few of his videos. He makes some good points about fans overreacting and even bashing a bit too much before they get to know a game well, but I also think he's a bit too much of a fanboy in that regard sometimes. My main dislike about him though is his style. He tends to talk like the dime a dozen hipster YTers that go too far in trying to sound cool to boost their channel rep.

From what i've seen he actually changed and stopped clickbaiting.So yeah i like him now

Well he's misogynistic when it comes to a doom movie doom annihilation about a female lead actor. Here's an example 

Did you just resurrected a 1 year old thread?

Anyways, as bad as his content is he isn't misogynistic, he's just a Halo fan, these guys don't know what a woman is.

You just reminded me of the video Doomkid made where he sort of debunks an icebert video by Midnight. it's the kind of "fanbase culture shock" i knew was going to happen with Doom.

One being an older member with a great knowledge on trivia and even his own collection of wads and all. the other being a recent figure displaying some modern stereotypes in regards to modern fanbase culture and Youtubers.

It feels like a side effect of Doom being "the most epic gaming series that everyone likes" where certain values and traditions of the fanbase suddenly feel obscured by recent trends and all. not everyone has to be a wad maker but there's something about the "hardcore Doom gamer" loyal fan behaviour coming from people that don't even pay that much attention to wads.

It's not even a matter of "wads are epic, memes are cringe" way but rather of philosophies and ideas that almost seem integral to a lot of subcultures and hobbies.

Like stuff that could matter and you hope the next generation carries the torch. it's a fanbase that in itself has its own special lore.

At least Doomkid was not coming from a "elitist gatekeeper" behaviour and even Midnight responded to the video in a positive manner.