Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xvertigox

PSX Doom is actually really good

On 3/16/2021 at 11:04 PM, Van Daemon said:

Best Doom imo. Well, I grew playing PSX Doom anyways, the dark atmosphere it has is unique *chef kiss*

I grew up playing Doom on a fast AMD pentium clone and a 17' Flatron CRT display but a friend of mine had a PS1 and Doom for it and that was an amazing experience, they're both good on their own.

1) PC is like a fast Rock'n'Roll pace gameplay and sound/music;

2) PS1 is like a horror shooter, slower pace, scarier picture and sound.

PSX Doom running in Psydoom makes for a really great way to replay a slightly condensed and in my opinion scarier Doom 1 and 2. The music makes it a lot more sinister

On 2/29/2024 at 10:39 AM, ZombiemanMastermind said:

PSX Doom running in Psydoom makes for a really great way to replay a slightly condensed and in my opinion scarier Doom 1 and 2. The music makes it a lot more sinister

It IS definitely a scarier version of the game. Same with Final Doom. Also, while it is condensed, it doesn't really feel like you're missing out.

It is an amazing port. The only reason I haven’t played it is because PlayStation and Bethesda/id Software haven’t all agreed to re-release it for more modern PlayStation consoles. I mean, think of all the more purchases and money you will get? Like, as an added extra version for the PlayStation ports of the newer PS consoles.