Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter

No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack (RELEASED)

I'll claim slot 9 for now. Locking it out from people who will actually finish their entry for two weeks.

I think I'll take Map 04. Admittedly not the best at getting stuff done quickly but I have a solid idea in my head so let's see how this goes!!

11 hours ago, Peter said:

4. I have permission to make edits to your MIDI. Small changes like editing the mixing and such.

I've just added rule 4. Just thought it's something I should mention.

I've been receiving WIP demos from decino, TrialD, JD Herrera and Bloo.
I'm thankfully no where near enforcing rule 2* as all these demos are absolutely fantastic.

*"2. If your MIDI isn't at a reasonable level of quality, it won't be used and your slot will become open again."

I'm looking forward to when these all get finished. Ya'll are in for a treat!

9 hours ago, Peter said:

"2. If your MIDI isn't at a reasonable level of quality, it won't be used and your slot will become open again."

You almost had to enforce rule 2 with me though. Made a rewrite super fast lol

i hope all the songs turn out good at the end of this, i personally put a lot of effort.

Ya'll ready for some absolute slappers? This'll be released real soon. Just gotta mix everything and fix issues I'm having on "NRFTL06 - Staccato Slaughter" hitting the 32 note max polyphonic that Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth has.

NRFTL01 - Homesick - decino

Back on Earth at last. We find ourselves in a techbase next to the ocean yet you're still fighting demons. How unfortunate, I guess there is no rest for the living.

NRFTL02 - Archaic Doctrine - TrialD

Here you are storming a dimly lit demon infested laboratory. Very questionable activity may have been happening here. It's possible those toxic pools were there before demons arrived.

NRFTL03 - Dry Gulch - JD Herrera

You've made it out of the lab! Something's still not right, nevermind the demons, this place was clearly built by humans and there is nukage absolutely everywhere! Well, if it was humans that were responsible, they've paid the price for sure. But let's be safe by slaying all the demons too.

NRFTL04 - The Last Gatling Gun Rodeo - CammyBanana

This architecture is too familiar. Demons, everywhere. They don't know who they're messing with.

NRFTL05 - Unbearable torture - Sego

Alright, the demons seem to have stepped up their game now. Gotta take this one with caution but it's gunna hurt.

NRFTL06 - Staccato Slaughter - MegaSphere

A true slaughterfest. The demons will do their best but they don't stand a chance. You're built for this.

NRFTL07 - Monsieur Gourmet - JD Herrera

Is this how Hell treats all their guests? Unacceptable.

NRFTL08 - Darkness Unfolds - Bloo

This is it. The last obstacle. You've come a long way for this, let's make it count.

NRFTL09 - Mountain Slayers of the Eagle's Thunder - Rogue Akai and Sumo

This techbase is massive! Is this some kind of supercomputer? Well the Spider Mastermind seems to think so. The only data she's getting is how fast a plasma bolt can tear through brain tissue.

So we're not supporting Crispy Doom until this feature gets added:

https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/crispy-doom/issues/713

And it doesn't support PRBoom because UMAPINFO is annoying me.

Currently this only supports ZDoom, enjoy.

nrftl_midipack.zip

And here's to download just the midi files themselves if you wanna just listen to them.

nrftl_midipack_individual-midis.zip

EDIT:

Just had to tweak one of the MIDIs as it wasn't optimised and had a big issue with one of the instruments. All fixed now.

EDIT 2:

Links added to original post!

Edited by Peter

I was waiting for this so much!

Also i made a WAD with compatibility for PrBoom+. I'm also working in a UMAPINFO for the Master Levels OST, hopefully i can complete it today.

Awesome! Congrats to everyone on the release and thanks to Peter for the opportunity. Can't wait to play through it again and hear everything live!! Can we expect a release on your YouTube channel some time in the future?

1 minute ago, Nevander said:

Nice. Can't wait to add these to my own modified version of NRFTL.

What are your modifications, if it's not a secret?

1 minute ago, dmslr said:

What are your modifications, if it's not a secret?

Small things mostly. Texturing tweaks like better matching floor textures with wall textures (same colors), I added a couple new flats like red marble that I used with red marble walls, better texture alignments, added the intermission graphic from the XBL version, and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

Just wanted to thank you for being able to take part in this project. This soundtrack has some absolute bangers in it!

You guys are a bunch of fucking killing machines! Yes, I just love this expression. And yes and yes, I just love stating I just love this expression. And so on...

On a more serious and useful note, version for PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.4, and higher. Unless you are willing to edit your personal copy of prboom-plus.wad in order to delete the entire [MUSIC] section of NERVEBEX, you will need to use -nodeh, and to load manually the included DEHACKED patch via -deh [name of cool DEHACKED patch.bex|deh].

nerve_midis_prboom.zip

We're currently still in a sort of pre-release period as there's still a few changes I want to make to at least one MIDI. And also aiming to release with support for PRBoom thanks to these two.

1 hour ago, Diabolución said:

You guys are a bunch of fucking killing machines!

4 hours ago, GratefulName said:

Also i made a WAD with compatibility for PrBoom+.

But yeah, as soon as I post the download link on the original post, it's final. I'll be getting this up on YouTube too.

Hoping for Crispy Doom support soon, which is down to the devs.

Final release.

Now I'm happy with everything, I'll get the soundtrack up on YouTube soon as well!

As for the UMAPINFO variants (with / without hell skies for the later levels) written from the scratch by me, you guys shall rename nerve.wad to something else than nerve.wad such as nrftl.wad, so that PrBoom-Plus will parse it as a normal PWAD.

nerve_midis_prboom_final.zip

Edit: I have just noticed that edit (11/Feb/2021 06:07:56 UTC), ergo...

nerve_midis_prboom_final_final.zip

Edited by Diabolución

28 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

As for the UMAPINFO variants (with / without hell skies for the later levels) written from the scratch by me, you guys shall rename nerve.wad to something else than nerve.wad such as nrftl.wad, so that PrBoom-Plus will parse it as a normal PWAD.

nerve_midis_prboom_final.zip

I'm considering having both MAPINFO and UMAPINFO inside the same wad to get it compatible with both. Weirdly enough, my PRBoom seems to ignore nextsecret and skytexture in the UMAPINFO, resulting in the secret exit in map04 bringing you to map01 and the sky being incorrect for map04 to map08.

I also don't see the purpose of an alternative wad that doesn't fix the skies. Even the Unity port fixes the skies.

This and the Master Levels project are great stuff, thanks so much for all your efforts.

I like having NRFTL and Sigil autoloaded with their respective iwads, so I edited the MAPINFO and gave the overlapping lumps unique names so NRFTL's intermission music and texture lumps don't conflict with Hell on Earth's, and I made the NRFTL titlepic a credit page. Maybe useful to someone else:

nerve_midipack_autoload.zip

So I loaded up the Unity version of NRFTL with nrftl_midipack_zdoom.wad on GZDoom 4.5, yet I get vanilla Doom II soundtrack instead.

What am I doing wrong?