Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YeOldeFellerNoob

Cancelled DOOM Wads

So?

In total: cancelled WADS > published WADS.

A lot of them. Famous and never announced.

If we're talking about wads like Shores of ZDoom - well, that's sad.

P.S.: I've cancelled much a lot of WADS. Hopefully, most of them I never announced so people doesn't know about them.

Probably the most work I've ever put into a project I'll never finish was this Commander Keen megawad that I started working on back in like 2007-8 or thereabouts.  I only made one (not very good level) but I replaced the better part of the sprites and a ton of the graphics, using TNT as my base IWAD for some reason.  I did a whole lot of artwork but the project petered out when I realized it was more ambitious than I could handle and I moved on to other things.  If anyone wants to play with the resources in here then be my guest (give credits where due and all that of course)

Edited by StupidBunny

For me it was something called, genos base, im not saying it's one-hundred percent cancelled, but it's extremely unlikely that i'll return to it.

The majority of things I've made for Doom were technically cancelled. Even my Lizard Squad mod was basically at 90% complete before being put on a permanent hiatus a couple years ago. Here's a list of cancelled mods I had released to the public at some point:

ICD-Lizard 

Pokestein 3D (both the old, old Doom mod and Wolfenstein 3D mod)

Special Operations: Action Tactical Mod 

The Gundam Mod 

My cartoony texture pack

On 1/22/2021 at 1:45 AM, Lizardcommando said:

The majority of things I've made for Doom were technically cancelled. Even my Lizard Squad mod was basically at 90% complete before being put on a permanent hiatus a couple years ago. Here's a list of cancelled mods I had released to the public at some point:

ICD-Lizard 

Pokestein 3D (both the old, old Doom mod and Wolfenstein 3D mod)

Special Operations: Action Tactical Mod 

The Gundam Mod 

My cartoony texture pack

So do you still have the pokestein 3D doom mod? I know the wolf3d mod is out there, but I mean specifically the doom one. Would love to play that version.

58 minutes ago, Spooner5020 said:

The X-Files doom mod and Dracula Doom mods. Was sad when Dracula Doom was cancelled.

Never heard about those mods, but I'm instantly sad about their cancel.

Just now, Egg Boy said:

Pretty sure devilution isn’t cancelled.

Can confirm that Devilution is still being worked on. Yes, it's taken over a decade, but I think that journey will be worth it in the end.

On topic, I've shelved more project ideas than I can count. Some are projects I'd like to get back to one day, but I need to prove to myself that I can focus on and finish up my current endeavour before anything else.

my offbrand h-doom mod (it replaces every texture with joe biden x bernie sanders) was cancelled due to a flood that wiped my entire hard drive containing my baby photos and unreleased bobby prince demos. sadly, all I have left now is the zdoom coding that i cant read.

On 1/22/2021 at 12:56 AM, Revenant100 said:

I'm still waiting for Ninja Doom.

But to be clear, it's not cancelled. See that Doomworld page right there? It says plain as day that it's still coming. The page hasn't changed in 20 years, but I'm not one to lose faith so quickly!

I want to see Ninja Doom released. I was always confused though if it was a Total Conversion or a Partial conversion.

On 1/21/2021 at 9:56 PM, Revenant100 said:

I'm still waiting for Ninja Doom.

But to be clear, it's not cancelled. See that Doomworld page right there? It says plain as day that it's still coming. The page hasn't changed in 20 years, but I'm not one to lose faith so quickly!

That's a fantastic snapshot in time.  Back when people thought 3D Models were something to aspire to in a Doom wad, but also that you could make what sounds like a TC in just 4 weeks.

It seems that as Doom's age continues to grow, it's becoming more and more normal to spend a proper extended about of time on a wad.  If you told people in the mid 1990s that there would be wads 5 or 10 years in the making they'd think you were having a laugh.  These days it's much more normal, despite having tools that in theory makes the process much faster.

There was my ill-fated Doomguy's Pimp Ventures 4 project.

It consisted of some of my very first real Doom maps, and i think it shows.

I would be more than happy to share it in its current state, but i think that it's explicit enough that it would probably violate the rules in any Doom forum i shared it on.

Edited by sergeirocks100