Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pionetr123

heretic The Magic Castle Of d'sparil New 2.0 beta release

So I gave the map a little playthrough and I can't beat it literally due to the map failing to lower the bars blocking the green key.

First and the BIGGEST problem with this map is the incredibly tight health pool you have to work with compared to the 1.5k enemies the map provides, a few extra quartz flasks would certainly go a long way (This was on Bringest Them Oneth difficulty). 

Another problem is the lack of indication that jumping is mandatory. I do understand that this was built with ZDooM in mind however even with limit-removing engines not everyone jumps (and some limit removing engines you still can't jump).

The detail for the intro was quite nice, seeing Corvus take a boat ride into D'sparil's castle is kinda cool. Sadly, a good chunk of the 20 minutes I played is mostly flat walls, big areas filled with like 50-100 enemies and level progression not very well indicated.

Finally, a little tip when posting maps is always add some details. I'm glad you mentioned ZDooM though as I stated earler, jumping/crouching/freelook may or may not need to be enabled. A few other good tips is A: Difficulty (is it easy, hard, slaughtermap, or average?); B: a few extra screenshots. I'd say around 3-5 is good since it gives you a decent view of what is coming up; C: Length. Knowing how long a map roughly is helps with reviews.

Anyways, hope the feedback helps improve the map. :3