Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zacnate

Looking to disable my account

I havent used this account in a long while and dont see me using it in the future.  ive been searching for means to disable this account but cant find any way of doing so.  can anyone point me in the right direction to do so please

i originally used this account to download i believe it was Doom64 ex either that or the absolution mod for pc.  however since doom eternal added it on as a bundle i have not had the need to use it and by extension i dont really need the site for anything anymore.  just trying to clean up my accounts and passwords stuff and realized this was here after god knows how long 

19 minutes ago, Zacnate said:

i originally used this account to download i believe it was Doom64 ex either that or the absolution mod for pc.

You don't need to have a account to download files. You can download without a account.

19 minutes ago, Zacnate said:

just trying to clean up my accounts and passwords stuff and realized this was here after god knows how long

Sorry man, I found out that you can't, I knew that by this post:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1219178
However, try annoying mods by spamming them DMs, then, they will ban you, and your account wil be disabled.

It seems that accounts can be deleted forever and ever (not disabled or banned, but what appears to be physical deletion). Random examples, don’t blame me for their content, please.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2073176/

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1678693/

But if I were you, I would simply stop using it.

Edited by Diabolución : Add clarification.

i guess ill just have to keep an eye on this one then.  I had another main reason i wanted to disable the account which was some individual has recently made multiple attempts to access the account these last couple days.  ill add some more security to this account and just kinda lurk then.  appreciate the help though

just change the password to a very long line of randomly typed gibberish, and do the same with email (including the host part). then it will be nearly impossible to do anything with that account anymore. ;-)

Shouldn't there be such option  - due to recent data protection laws and the 'right to be forgotten'?
(But frankly speaking - who cares.  If you don't need your account - don't use it)
Do as ketmar told: Change your email address, change your display name and forget your password.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:28 AM, Zacnate said:

I havent used this account in a long while and dont see me using it in the future.  ive been searching for means to disable this account but cant find any way of doing so.  can anyone point me in the right direction to do so please

Don't deactivate your account. :(

1) change your username to something like “Unregistered Account”

2) change your avatar to be the “grey face” picture which represents a deactivated account

3) change your password to something long an unguessable

On 1/25/2021 at 11:00 AM, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

However, try annoying mods by spamming them DMs, then, they will ban you, and your account wil be disabled.

Ummm, don't do that. It doesn't hurt to ask the mods to disable / delete an account but don't spam them about it, that would be a little overboard.

Really, just don't use the account. Not sure why it needs to be physically destroyed....

Think about this carefully. You can post topics and chat with us on the site. You don't have to deactivate your account.

Post p0rn and Warez constantly until you get banned. But try to post only enough to get account banned, not IP banned. Go out like a champ!

Simple. Just don't use it.

Who knows, maybe in future, you might want to use it. In that case, this account might come handy.

7 hours ago, Doom-X-Machina said:

Deliberately insult a moderator and have the account banned. Works a charm ;)

Hasn't worked for me yet  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯