Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dweller Dark

How do you prefer to have your desktop set up?

my desktop is a mess

i just "cleaned" it but normally its a mess of test wads, textures and things

and in spanish

1032442945_Capturadepantalla(18).png.0e2bfeab1f3bfc17d699803e9289bad9.png

How I organize my desktop is sort of like how I organize my room. I keep everything off the floor but all my drawers and shelves are anarchy.

Basically I keep everything out of the center of the screen, but off to either side it's just random shortcuts and files with no rhyme or reason. I never really get used to a desktop layout anyway, because I'm always changing it depending on what I'm working on.

image.png.acae47b6ed1b88a6b08ebfc0415eeafa.png

My Desktop is quite scary, I blurred it just incase I had any file names that could be offensive to anyone(can never be too careful these days)

I should really clean my desktop XD

8 hours ago, jamondemarnatural said:

I like stuff on the corners.image.png.05b9595564a0c52a70ed0c2d46e917e8.png

I tried arranging my icons in a fancy manner, but I stopped bothering because Windows 10 will just undo all that hard work whenever it refreshes the desktop.

I am kind of indecisive when it comes to my desktop. i try to organize everything in folders, but then i just throw a few things to the side for later. but never to the point of there being 1000 icons on my screen, i cant stand a cluttered desktop

ddsk.JPG

I've got way more computers than I should - some are set up as headless (NUCs as MongoDB server, Minecraft server) others are Ubuntu desktops. The one I am currently using (it's my 'living room laptop'...) is Windows 10.

Guess the theme:

image.png.aead2afd951ee2930a3073d363f46ccd.png

Actually - guess what my lad is obsessed with... :-)

My Ubuntu desktop is quite similar (mostly black with GZDoom shortcuts, but with the final panel from Judge Dredd "Judgement Day"). I love me a bit of 2000AD...

On 1/26/2021 at 5:27 PM, URROVA said:

my desktop is a mess

i just "cleaned" it but normally its a mess of test wads, textures and things

and in spanish

1032442945_Capturadepantalla(18).png.0e2bfeab1f3bfc17d699803e9289bad9.png

I am putting the search bar away.

For Programs open in the Taskbar i prefer full Names.

I hate it when there are only Symbols, i know how to read and it helps by sorting out Things faster.

When i am full operative it does not help me only seeing Symbols.

The Start Menue at Full screen like in Win 8 and Programs in Groups.

i hate icons and other things cluttering up the screen

i would have removed everything from my deskto but i cant remove the trashbin and the folder over there (at least i dont know how to)

i also have like 50 walpapers that i set to change after every 15 mins1945360104_desttopreal.png.14cb9014a3180b6771383497796b1237.png

this topic reminds me of this video:

thats where i got the name of my folder too

On 1/29/2021 at 7:25 PM, smeghammer said:

I've got way more computers than I should - some are set up as headless (NUCs as MongoDB server, Minecraft server) others are Ubuntu desktops. The one I am currently using (it's my 'living room laptop'...) is Windows 10.

Guess the theme:

image.png.aead2afd951ee2930a3073d363f46ccd.png

Actually - guess what my lad is obsessed with... :-)

My Ubuntu desktop is quite similar (mostly black with GZDoom shortcuts, but with the final panel from Judge Dredd "Judgement Day"). I love me a bit of 2000AD...

this hurts my eyes

you are a desktop heretic 

On 1/26/2021 at 1:54 AM, Lippeth said:

I have a friend who kept EVERYTHING stored in one single folder on his desktop for several years, and in one drunken moment, accidentally deleted that folder. Because it was so large, it skipped the recycle bin and just deleted everything. Plus he has a tendency to click okay at any given prompt. I don't even feel bad for him, he had it coming.

damn now i fear that this will happen to me

GNOME on Linux has taught me to love having no desktop icons whatsoever. Since using it I've removed all desktop icons from other desktops I've used.

I like fiddling around with my desktop, though usually I settle on a clean layout, where I can focus on the app I'm currently using and the panels can get out of my way.

That's doesn't describe what I have right now though, because I liked Kurashiki's fanart so much I wanted it to be very prominent on my desktop:

6ZXGW62.png

OS in the screenshot is Debian GNU/Linux 10 with the LXDE desktop.

4 hours ago, omalefico32x said:

i hate icons and other things cluttering up the screen

i would have removed everything from my deskto but i cant remove the trashbin and the folder over there (at least i dont know how to)

i also have like 50 walpapers that i set to change after every 15 mins1945360104_desttopreal.png.14cb9014a3180b6771383497796b1237.png

this topic reminds me of this video:

thats where i got the name of my folder too

Which specific wallpaper is that? Kinda reminds me of the E1M1 sky/mountain thing.

3 minutes ago, DavetheDoomguy said:

Which specific wallpaper is that? Kinda reminds me of the E1M1 sky/mountain thing.

oh its the libertalia island from uncharted 4

gonna upload my walpapers here though they are in 1366x768

wallpapers.rar

i cant upload the second part here so it will be on my profile

5 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

oh its the libertalia island from uncharted 4

gonna upload my walpapers here though they are in 1366x768

wallpapers.rar

I use it all. Icons for things I don't often use, Bar for things I use a lot and menus for things I'll only use in "panic" mode. Anything that can be accessed through something like steam excluded. Works well enough.

Spoiler

image.png.93bcd7a7290a1dab9cbe60d9daef7f07.png