Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spaicrab

How do i get colored blood on prboom+?

I know there are mods for gzdoom that do exactly this, but how can i get something that fixes the baron's and cacodemon's blood on prboom+?

We could misuse the player color translation tables for this, we would just need to add a check that we are not in a netgame (OTOH, how many red pixels to translate are there in a player sprite?).

This is great news! I had been keeping an eye on this feature request for months, it's nice to see it incorporated at last.

21 hours ago, fabian said:

Maybe @Never_Again will be so kind to provide another test build of the latest state in GIT?

Done.

Thank you for the headsup, Fabian, I'd never think to look in a thread like this. ;)

Hell yeah, thank you guys!
Alright but um.... how do i use this?

Edited by Spaicrab

Damn, prboom is becoming a "modern" source port. Thanks to Never_Again, fabian, seed and others.

19 minutes ago, dmslr said:

seed

That's quite generous of you, but I haven't done any work on PrBoom, apart from a few bug reports in places and some suggestions.

And supplied various builds for Windows. But that's about it.

As for the topic, the option should be somewhere under Setup - Enemies, near the end.

1 hour ago, seed said:

That's quite generous of you, but I haven't done any work on PrBoom, apart from a few bug reports in places and some suggestions.

Don't underestimate your work on prboom!

now where i can find a built UMAPINFO support, dehextra support, with colored blood and proper 320x200 aspect ratio as shown on this other post?

Edited by P41R47

13 hours ago, fabian said:

Thank you so much for this link. I think feel there's improvement over the version I have. Maybe this one has crispier pixels, better lighting and some more features. 

Do you think there's a chance that brightmaps like in Crispy Doom will be introduced in prboom+? 

A strange detail I noticed in prboom+ is that the skybox in E5M9 of Sigil lacks detail, which is normally seen in Crispy Doom.

Tested blood color on Eviternity map02 and the hell knight had red blood.

3 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

Tested blood color on Eviternity map02 and the hell knight had red blood.

Did you enable the colored blood setting? (Options -> Setup -> Enemies)