Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Altazimuth

Eternity Engine 4.02.00 Forseti

16 minutes ago, DRON12261 said:

Or if it's already there, how do I make it work? Mark, I'm not talking about Boom's COLORMAP middle texture simulation.

So I'm not sure what you understand about this or not, but Booms colourmap function is what you're asking about, it's the except same concept. I'm not sure why you describe it as a simulation and it makes me thing you are rather misunderstanding something.

14 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

So I'm not sure what you understand about this or not, but Booms colourmap function is what you're asking about, it's the except same concept. I'm not sure why you describe it as a simulation and it makes me thing you are rather misunderstanding something.

Rather, I must be thinking about the format of UDMF and its fields for color lighting sector (like in ZDoom), which could be done quickly and easily through a single text field in the dialog window, without engaging themselves COLORMAP (because they still kind of need to be prepared separately for each color). To select any color on the "color picker" and get the result right away.

To be able to simply select a sector and give it a color light in the format of, for example, #FFFFFF.

(I speak very little English using a translator, so I hope that the meaning of the message is not distorted)

Eternity currently can't generate a colourmap, which would be a necessary component for using runtime RGB. I'm not sure what the plans are for that yet.

Is this the place to bug report or just ask for general help? I'm having an issue with Eternity-x64-4.03.00-pre-1227-gd699a7d92: When I replay a demo,

*doom 2 monsters are invisble but the player is able to interact with them and produce blood splat. I have selected the doom2.wad as an iwad.

*if the player dies the demo desyncs.

Having an issue with my left trigger in Eternity - the test controller picks up the axis fine, but binding controls to left trigger doesn't actually seem to do anything.

3 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Eternity uses C++17 and thus needs a minimum of VS2017 15.8.

I asked because when I tried to launch it, it failed to find vcruntime140_1.dll.

Hello, I'm playing Heartland and the game crashes on map 5 every time I get behind this container on the right side. I'm using the package eternity-engine-git from the AUR in Arch linux. The crash happens if I walk past a certain point, without picking up objects or doing any action with no error message, the game just freezes and I have to force quit it.

etrn03.png

etrn04.png

Update just to add that the crash doesn't happen with eternity-linux-x64-4.03.00-pre-850-g7004e961 from drdteam dev builds. So I guess I'll stick with this version :)

1 hour ago, Tuapse_cowboy said:

Are you planning to support colored glowing sectors in the near future?

What is a "glowing" coloured sector?

39 minutes ago, Tuapse_cowboy said:

Sorry, I'm bad speak in english language. I meant colored sectors like in PSX doom

Eternity already have those, it's Boom colormaps. A demo of them are available in BOOMEDIT.

On 2/1/2024 at 4:54 PM, xelax said:

Hello, I'm playing Heartland and the game crashes on map 5 every time I get behind this container on the right side. I'm using the package eternity-engine-git from the AUR in Arch linux. The crash happens if I walk past a certain point, without picking up objects or doing any action with no error message, the game just freezes and I have to force quit it.

etrn03.png

etrn04.png

To whom ever it may concern. I downloaded the latest dev build of eternity and had the same freezeing crash in the same place in Heartland. It happened anytime I went on the right side of the crate wether from the front or the back. I even had the game freeze a couple of times if I didnt kill the shotgunners behind the crate fast enough and one of them went over on the right side of the crate. Wasnt a major issue for me and I dont know if this is something for an Eternity dev to look into or if its something for @skillsaw, just thought I'd put it out there.

On 2/1/2024 at 5:54 PM, xelax said:

Was just about to report the same issue but with Win10, so I guess I'll just do what the crash report executable says and post my .dmp and crashlog here: eternity.zip

@xelax @Insaneprophet @Xyzzу Should be fixed in devbuilds whenever they next update? Hard call since portal rendering is extremely not my forte. There's still some issues with sprites in that area disappearing, but I think I know how to fix that (it requires doing proper line intersections of finite segments).

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all your hard work, Altaz!

...could you check to see if MBF21's A_ConsumeAmmo and A_WeaponBulletAttack are working properly as well? They seem to do nothing on my end.

EDIT: Here's a quick example BEX I whipped up: unnamed.zip

The pistol should fire bullets that deal 50 damage and use 5 ammo per shot but it seems to be totally borked in EE. (I didn't bother adding a shoot sound or gunflash)

Edited by Xyzzу