Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

Zach Siegel midi pack (not my midis i just want to share them)

I had a listen to three of these MIDIs and they.... are incredible. "Azure Shade" is probably my favorite so far. Good work on you and your friend for finding these. Seriously good stuff( I have a folder dedicated to MIDIs I use in my maps and these are definitely going to be put to good use).

Awesome, I was actually looking for a pack of these a couple months ago but the only link I could find was dead. Much appreciated.

Thank you for sharing this, I've been looking for the origin of the SF2012 MAP25 midi for a while now.
I had some issues with some of the midis in this pack, though - "Frozen in Time", "Purgatory" and "Zelda Metal" crash or freeze almost everything I have that can potentially play midis. The only thing that would accept them was Sekaiju, but I don't know enough about midis to be able to use it to fix whatever is wrong here.

37 minutes ago, Willy W. said:

Thank you for sharing this, I've been looking for the origin of the SF2012 MAP25 midi for a while now.
 I had some issues with some of the midis in this pack, though - "Frozen in Time", "Purgatory" and "Zelda Metal" crash or freeze almost everything I have that can potentially play midis. The only thing that would accept them was Sekaiju, but I don't know enough about midis to be able to use it to fix whatever is wrong here.

I found a fix, you can get the playable files here: zach_siegel_fixed_midi.zip

I'm not sure what exactly why, but opening the files in a DAW and deleting some structural markers left over from the composition process and exporting fresh midis made the files playable. The three broken midis are all obviously unfinished and have empty placeholder channels that were supposed to be filled in later, but I don't know why that would cause them to become invalid as the midi data inside is perfectly fine and playable. Even weirder is that the playable midis have the same markers inside so it's not those per se that are breaking the file. My only guess is that Zach had some kind of specific program related settings while composing that produced weirdly formatted files, but then he exported to a standard format when the track was done and ready to share, but really, I dunno. 

1 hour ago, BoxY said:

I'm not sure what exactly why, but opening the files in a DAW and deleting some structural markers left over from the composition process and exporting fresh midis made the files playable. The three broken midis are all obviously unfinished and have empty placeholder channels that were supposed to be filled in later, but I don't know why that would cause them to become invalid as the midi data inside is perfectly fine and playable. Even weirder is that the playable midis have the same markers inside so it's not those per se that are breaking the file. My only guess is that Zach had some kind of specific program related settings while composing that produced weirdly formatted files, but then he exported to a standard format when the track was done and ready to share, but really, I dunno. 

Thanks for this I will check these out later I mean when I upload them to YouTube I will test them when I get the chance.

It took me a lot of time to find all the midis, but in the end I made it, it was worth it, many of the midis are beautiful <3

5 hours ago, BoxY said:

Nice! Thank you.
But I think you may have deleted a bit more than needed in Zelda Metal, now apparently the midi doesn't have any events at all.

7 hours ago, Pyethon said:

but who is Zack Siegel?

A MIDI composer i guess. One of his work featured in Slaugterfest 2012 MAP25 MIDI. (yeah, I get it why you asking this, Haruko's posts are very hard to read)

12 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

A MIDI composer i guess. One of his work featured in Slaugterfest 2012 MAP25 MIDI. (yeah, I get it why you asking this, Haruko's posts are very hard to read)

Yea, I mean I can't find any of his work anywhere. My guess is that it was some like geocities site that went down 20 years ago

On 12/9/2021 at 4:09 PM, Pyethon said:

Yea, I mean I can't find any of his work anywhere. My guess is that it was some like geocities site that went down 20 years ago

yea not sure how active Zach is but seems to deliver banger tracks aside Jimmys. Gladly I was introduced to SF2012's map 25 track. Sunset midi is my favorite, but I like them all.

Please get my midis out of here. We are removing what was shared on YouTube. An album will be released soon.

19 minutes ago, Zakatak said:

Please get my midis out of here. We are removing what was shared on YouTube. An album will be released soon.

Where will this album be posted, then? Idk if it’s a good idea for you to be throwin around copyright strikes towards those who enjoyed and uploaded vids on YouTube w/ your midis on them.

Edited by VoanHead

I kindly request that you refrain from sharing my MIDI files without my permission. I appreciate your understanding and respect for my work. And we plan to release it on all digital music platforms.

1 hour ago, Zakatak said:

Haruko doesn't use Doomworld too often these days, if you want them removed, you should report the post if you haven't done so already.

2 minutes ago, IcarusOfDaggers said:

While, it is your creation and your copyright, you can do as you please, you also have to keep in mind your public image, when releasing albums. Good luck!

Couldn't have phrased it better myself. A lot of the videos that have been taken down have been a gateway into your music. Now that that's gone, you will be a lot harder to discover.

If someone can confirm that it is indeed Zach Siegel's wish that these be removed then I will do so. I have heard that his midis were never intended for usage in Doom maps but I'll need to hear it from the horse's mouth so to speak. Feel free to ping me here or DM me.

I'm sure the people who loved and wished to share Siegel's music (thereby giving him publicity) would've appreciated a warning firsthand, instead of going through and taking down everything that uses or remixes his music in any way, even with proper credit given.

Punishment without forewarning or communication is the worst thing you can do to someone, especially when the said video was nonprofit and merely from their love of your own work.

Spoiler

Whether is the real Siegel or not - now I, along with MANY other people on YouTube, have to "go to copyright school" according to the site. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Getting your fans copywrite strikes on Youtube is a terrible move as you're punishing them for liking your work enough to share it. The way people here are going to read this situation is somewhere along the lines of "I better download the music now before it's taken down".

More like "I won't ever use this jerks music"

2 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Getting your fans copywrite strikes on Youtube is a terrible move as you're punishing them for liking your work enough to share it. The way people here are going to read this situation is somewhere along the lines of "I better download the music now before it's taken down".

From what I've heard these tracks were never released to be used in Doom wads. They were leaked without the author's consent. If true then fair enough. And even if not then it's still their music, they can dictate how it's used. It's not our place to say otherwise

Now the fun part is try and track down every single wad files that use your midis, yes not just on /idgames. Doomshack, Wad Archive, doomworld itself and much more! Go and catch'em all!

This thread would have never been seen by anyone again if you hadn’t bumped it rofl. How did you even find this?

Whatever, locking it so no one will ever have to think about it again. Bridgeburner has kindly offered to field PMs in regards to this situation so let’s just leave it at that.

(also what snax said)