Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

List FPS Games That Are Better Than Duke Nukem Forever

Let's put in first person shooters that are better than DNF. I can think of some. Quake 4 is way better than DNF. Doom 3 is also better. Even Daikatana when patched on PC is better than DNF. Halo 4 is better than DNF. Let's see...Quake 1 is a lot better than that game. Oh, and HL2 is better. S.I.N is another one. I'll put in the Shadow Warrior Reboot too. How about Blood 2?

While it's DLC, I consider The Doctor Who Cloned Me better than the base game itself.

I actually prefer DNF over Quake 4 and Halo 4 myself. Quake 4 bored me and Halo 4 was when Halo started to crap out, but Duke was still Duke.

A billion games are better than DNF. What is the frame of comparison? You want to compare it to other infamously bad FPS like Daikatana?

The OP writes a lot, but says very little.

Depth Dwellers

Island Peril

Isle of the Dead

The Fortress of Doctor Radiaki

William Shatner Presents: TEKWAR

Witchaven

Witchaven 2

Legend of the Seven Paladins
Operation Body Count

Corridor 7

Extreme Paintbrawl

NAM

What‘s the point of this thread? You know that DNF is quite unpopular, so people can post dozens of titles they like better.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

Depth Dwellers

Island Peril

Isle of the Dead

The Fortress of Doctor Radiaki

William Shatner Presents: TEKWAR

Witchaven

Witchaven 2

Legend of the Seven Paladins
Operation Body Count

Corridor 7

Extreme Paintbrawl

NAM

Suddenly DNF would start feeling like a gem after playing these games

1 minute ago, Tetzlaff said:

Wasn't aware Witchaven was bad, isn't that the game Raven Software made before Heretic?

No.

It's a game made by Capstone, not Raven Software; and it's based on an early (older than DN3D) version of the Build engine. The game actually has its good points, but it's ruined by being terminally full of jank.

The game Raven Software made before Heretic is Shadowcaster, and it's an old favorite of mine.

4 minutes ago, Gez said:

The game Raven Software made before Heretic is Shadowcaster, and it's an old favorite of mine.

Ah okay, mixed those two up.

@Doom_Dude: Quake 2: Juggernaut sure isn't really good, but they had an interesting vision at least. I played it all the way through and was fascinated by that strange alien cyborg mutant world they came up with.

7 minutes ago, Gothic said:

beating a dead horse

Another thing that's better than DNF.

27 minutes ago, Tetzlaff said:

Ah okay, mixed those two up.

@Doom_Dude: Quake 2: Juggernaut sure isn't really good, but they had an interesting vision at least. I played it all the way through and was fascinated by that strange alien cyborg mutant world they came up with.

Yeah, I enjoyed it way back in 98, while playing it that first time. It's not all that good like you say, but it was kinda fun. I played it all the way through as well. I don't remember a lot, since I never played it again. I remember going up a ladder near the start and a flip flopping alien crashed my comp and I had to replay it several times to get past that part. I remember liking the design of the machine gun, the funky textures and the ruined look to some of the levels. I don't remember how it ended exactly other than a big THE END showing up on screen.

14 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

Since when DNF has turned into the Meg Griffin of FPS's?

Nah, Meg Griffin is on the main cast.  Duke is the giant chicken, something we used to find funny but now every appearance is more groan-worthy than the last.

DNF and Sonic 06 are my favorite guilty pleasure games. Playing either them drunk or high with friends is one of the best experiences you can ever have playing a game. Doubly so for sonic 06

The UAC Rebellion

Revenge of the 90's

The Devilz Work

The Sinister Seven

Shovelware Adventure

Rowdy Rudy's Revenge

Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP!

Ray Mohawk's Manic Monday

57 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

Since when DNF has turned into the Meg Griffin of FPS's?

I'd say Blood 2 fills that role better or Daikatana if you really want to beat that horse

14 minutes ago, Scrabbs said:

DNF and Sonic 06 are my favorite guilty pleasure games. Playing either them drunk or high with friends is one of the best experiences you can ever have playing a game. Doubly so for sonic 06

DNF is a bad game, but every so often my mind makes me wanna replay it again.

I usually get to the first battlelord fight before coming back to my senses and shutting it off.

I was going to be dumb and mention the FPS section in the SNES/Genesis Toy Story game. I am certain that DNF is a better game than that damn 3D section where you have to collect the stupid alien things or whatever.

Shaq Doom

-Shaq Deep in the Fu

-The Shaqs of Fu

-Shaqfuno

-Thy Flesh Shaq Fu'd

Shaq Doom II: Shaq O'Neirth

Shaq Fu-nal Doom

-The Shaqfunia Experiment

-ShaquiNT: O'neilution

@The Strife Commando I see you love making threads of this quality. Have you considered creating threads such as;

Is Doom 3 a good game?

What other game bosses are better than icon of Sin?

Did Brutal Doom influence Doom 2016?

1 hour ago, Chezza said:

@The Strife Commando I see you love making threads of this quality. Have you considered creating threads such as;

Is Doom 3 a good game?

What other game bosses are better than icon of Sin?

Did Brutal Doom influence Doom 2016?

It's something I thought in my mind. After playing the game I felt like I was tortured when I proceeded further. There's better shooters than it.