Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

doomworld stars

I wonder how many famous people have come to this site. i am sure Id software has and any other doom related creator. what about movie stars, singers, actors, political fat cats, murderers, waked out over protective moms, the pope and others? Has doomworld been seen on TV or in a movie? maybe on a news show, cant see it being in a movie. anyway you never know who is really here. one us normals could be someone famous, but i dout that is true.

Zaldron is famous. He wrote a technical article about the Doom 3 engine and several Doom sites ended up having a link to his article and mentioning his name (nick that is).

:-P

Doomworld was shown on CNN once.

Also, I do know that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold had visited Functional Entropy (they emailed one of us once), and I assume they had visited Doomworld as well.

Fredrik said:

I come here every once in a while.

No you don't, you're just a figment of our imaginations.

Linguica said:

Also, I do know that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold had visited Functional Entropy (they emailed one of us once), and I assume they had visited Doomworld as well.

woah, that's creepy and intriguing at the same time

ZarcyB said:

No you don't, you're just a figment of our imaginations.

Yes, I'm so great that you can only dream about me.

Linguica said:

That's a little creepy.

Insomniac said:

Trent Reznor, maybe? He might have come while working on doom 3 sfx.

Doubtful. Why was DW on cnn?

:) Well, I dunno. You hold more world records than me, don't you?

I once had a guy on a train insist to his mates that I was someone famous. They looked at him like he was mad, and then when he explained who I was, they looked at him like he was even madder.

Grazza said:

:) Well, I dunno. You hold more world records than me, don't you?

I once had a guy on a train insist to his mates that I was someone famous. They looked at him like he was mad, and then when he explained who I was, they looked at him like he was even madder.

Well, I don't get big bucks for setting world records on games unfortunately :P Probably the most famous gamer would be Billy Mitchell, who set the first perfect Pac-man score. Ironically, his perfect score turned out to prove many praised gamers were actually lying their asses off about their Pac-man accomplishments. One kid was even given a diamond Pac-man ring and a hand-shake by the U.S. president for setting a score that is now known to be completely bogus. The TV show that aired the event refuses to admit they had been tricked by an 8-year-old kid. Such is the ways of Hollywood...

Linguica said:

Heh, whoa, I was probably browsing Functional Entropy at the same time they were!!!$@#$#% o_OO_o

Anyway, someone linked to their Doom site a while back, which had all of their levels. Actually, the text files were kinda funny.

QUICK WHAT LEVEL IS THAT

AirRaid said:

Heh. I think Dave mentioned he did come here actually... back when he came to #doom.

Who?

Archvile46 said:
NO I WILL NOT QUOTE IMAGES QUICK WHAT LEVEL IS THAT

Map 16: The Suburbs

Linguica said:

Doomworld was shown on CNN once.

Scary. I remember having the opportunity to download one of their maps, but I've heard they sucked.

You can find the wads by Eric Harris HERE. Not all of them suck; station and uaclabs are fairly good.

I don`t think Dylan Klebold made wads; if he did, he didn`t publish them on the web.

BTW:
I first heard about Doomworld watching a tv-program about the Columbine shootings... so at least something good came from all of it...

Fredrik said:

Yes, I'm so great that you can only dream about me.

Yeah, that's probably why your portrait ended up in Post Hell with Devil's horns in the forehead.

LorD BaZTArD said:

Pardon my asking grazza, but after some of the comments here....I'm curious, why are you "famous"?

Author or something?

I'm not famous, really. I am pretty well known in the international chess community: I am an author and publisher. My world record is for marathon blitz chess-playing (510 games; 87% score).

Oh, and Dave Mustaine is the vocalist in Megadeth.

to make this sound creepy i played a few of those eric harris wads before the shootings. infact 3 of them are on a doom disk with 6000 wads