Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Welcome back Doomworld!

Just now, DynamiteKaitorn said:

From what a few guys on a discord server I use said: Apparently it was DDos'd. O_o (CAN'T confirm this however).

Linguica said himself a little while ago, they're undergoing a DDoS

I think it was the DDOS attack causing trouble and the servers had to be shut down(That was pretty obvious). Why do we have to suffer because some people are stewing in their own self loathing and misery and take it out on the world because that somehow will solve their issues?

Definitely DDos, not even /vr/ knows who did it, so they might not be responsible.

why would anyone ddos doomworld?
its offline right now

this were some dark and depressing hours... I actually worked most of them, like actually doing work stuff! 

1 minute ago, AtticTelephone said:

Definitely DDos, not even /vr/ knows who did it, so they might not be responsible.

So... who did it than? Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Silhou3tte said:

So... who did it than? Any ideas?

There's a cluster of Imps in the servers 

6 minutes ago, Silhou3tte said:

I think it was the DDOS attack causing trouble and the servers had to be shut down(That was pretty obvious). Why do we have to suffer because some people are stewing in their own self loathing and misery and take it out on the world because that somehow will solve their issues?

Because that is the way of sociopaths.  Those kinds of people revel in disrupting and shitting upon other peoples' lives.

6 minutes ago, Master O said:

Because that is the way of sociopaths.  Those kinds of people revel in disrupting and shitting upon other peoples' lives.

And people wonder why I'm a cynical person. I'm not pessimistic, that's the way the world works, unfortunately.

Edited by Silhou3tte

So, it was a DDoS attack? Weird thing - the errors I kept getting today were 502 and 503, however - a few days ago I couldn't log onto the site due to an 403 error. Is this related in any way, or was 403 just a problem that I experienced? Because I managed to fix 403 on my end, but I'm a bit worried.

Welcome back everyone!

Please don't ever leave again Doomworld, you scared me like that.

3 minutes ago, Ar_e_en said:

So, it was a DDoS attack? Weird thing - the errors I kept getting today were 502 and 503, however - a few days ago I couldn't log onto the site due to an 403 error. Is this related in any way, or was 403 just a problem that I experienced? Because I managed to fix 403 on my end, but I'm a bit worried.

403 is to do with authentication failure (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_403). Did you have issues with your password/login? 

That makes sense. I didn't notice any login issues though - but I was doing home schooling with my kids for most of the day.

11 minutes ago, Silhou3tte said:

And people wonder why I'm a cynical person. I'm not pessimistic, that's the way the world works, unfortunately.

"Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." 1 Timothy 6:10, KJV

29 minutes ago, Silhou3tte said:

Why do we have to suffer because some people are stewing in their own self loathing and misery and take it out on the world because that somehow will solve their issues?

Good question, maybe they are those kind of people who enjoy seeing others suffer. Who knows

@smeghammer No problems with the password, I just couldn't log on. The problem became fixed when I downloaded a different browser, I then tried my regular browser again and everything worked fine. I guess my regular browser was just missing some sort of file and the new browser brought the file over when I downloaded it. That's my theory at least.

48 minutes ago, Master O said:

Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Maybe I am a disappointed since people often put their ideals second to ambitions of splendor. F. Scott Fitsgerald was right about many things... 

48 minutes ago, Master O said:

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." 1 Timothy 6:10, KJV

I'd rather be filled with sorrow, than not follow my ideals and deny my perceptions of the world’s problems.

Stop staring into my soul!

Edited by Silhou3tte

2 hours ago, Silhou3tte said:

Why do we have to suffer because some people are stewing in their own self loathing and misery and take it out on the world because that somehow will solve their issues?

2 hours ago, Master O said:

Those kinds of people revel in disrupting and shitting upon other peoples' lives.

2 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

Good question, maybe they are those kind of people who enjoy seeing others suffer. Who knows

Someone criticised their marvellous work myfirstmap.wad and they decided to respond.

Jokes aside: whoever did this, they got what they wanted, minor hindrance, pay no attention to them.

Edited by sluggard

1 hour ago, Xyzzy01 said:

I love the irony of thi sone. Both as a map name and the mod that this originates from.

A great post.

1 hour ago, Ar_e_en said:

That was an error on your end.

When i went this morning on DW and saw 502 and after work (so 8-9 hours later) it still was like this, i figured it was what Ling foretold a few days ago. It sucks, but yeah. DDOS are a common occurence and a cheapskate way to slow our favorite hobby, talking about Doom, down.

Wow, I completely missed the outage. What kind of human landfill loser would launch a DDoS attack against DW?

I missed the outage too.

Good to see DW is back though, where would I move my spamming duties if it were to disappear :p?

1 hour ago, Redneckerz said:

When i went this morning on DW and saw 502 and after work (so 8-9 hours later) it still was like this, i figured it was what Ling foretold a few days ago. It sucks, but yeah. DDOS are a common occurence and a cheapskate way to slow our favorite hobby, talking about Doom, down.

I checked Lings profile, are you talking about the post that was made on Monday? The one where it is stated that the admins had to "disable log ins" to mitigate the strain that the DDoSing had on the server? Because that might be a possible explanation as to why I couldn't log in.

Wait, what happened? From the posts that i read out of context the only thing i can imagine someone hacked into the server and DDoS'd the members?