• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ermin

POSSEST (Remake - Commercial)

wow thats seems really cool, pal!

Awesome mood and neat models.

Keep at it, looks really amazing!

Wait, a Hexen II successor, with Hexen style classes, and a muscle woman!? This must succeed!

I'm very skeptical about shooters, since I don't actually like many, but I do really want more single-player focused class-based shooters, especially fantasy ones.  I also love both Hexens. Haven't played Exhumed though.

I see class based ui in those screenies. I like that the life chain is class based in Hexen I, sad they didn't do that in II.

I will never stop being amazed by how far people are willing to push GZDoom to craft all these wonderfully unique worlds with distinct styles. This one is definitely going on my watchlist! 

Damn, all of this is way too awesome, I wish you the best on this project and will look forward to it!

25 minutes ago, GratefulName said:

I'm just worried about the minimal requirements

I've tested this on a GPD Win 2, and it chugs like a son of a bitch. 30-40fps tops.
It will be using the latest Gzdoom (64bit only) with vulkan as the default renderer for performance.
This game is certainly not being made to cater to lower end systems, i could do my best to add possible options to remove things like particles, lights and other tid bits. It still wont help with the scale of the levels and abundance of 3d models used. I'll do my best to optimise everything before release :)

edit: Mid/High end computers should have no issues running this at a constant 60 fps. Sadly i cant give exact figures.

Edited by Ermin

18 hours ago, Ermin said:

I've tested this on a GPD Win 2, and it chugs like a son of a bitch. 30-40fps tops.
It will be using the latest Gzdoom (64bit only) with vulkan as the default renderer for performance.
This game is certainly not being made to cater to lower end systems, i could do my best to add possible options to remove things like particles, lights and other tid bits. It still wont help with the scale of the levels and abundance of 3d models used. I'll do my best to optimise everything before release :)

Damn i can't wait to play this in my integrated GPU B)

You will be pleased to know that ALL enemies have a multitude of death animations and giblets.
Each enemy in fact has up to 10 unique death animations. Thats...
3 regular deaths. 1 split horizontal, vertical and diagonal death, upper body gid, full body gib, combustion and implosion.

All weapons in some way effect the enemies death, distance from attack is also taken into consideration.
Water too plays a huge part in effecting all weapons. For instance gun powder based weapons are useless when swimming.

Enemies have the ability to dodge MOST of the players attacks too, so you need to think smart and be quick on your feet.
And finally, the ability to stun enemies, knock them down and counter attack plays a huge part for some classes specifically.

1.gif
33.gif
22.gif
44.gif

It looks like a really nice Hexen2-like game, it's very pretty and detailled! (especially the city with the big place and tree/statue ^^)
I suppose there won't be crazy hard puzzles like in Hexen 2? (like the time puzzle of Egyptian hub :p
Hexen 2 was really cool but sometimes, the enigms were too complicates...
Good thing you use the same kind of AI, its good to have an AI who use some strategy and dodges too
This one hype me!

Hype.
looks like proper Hexen2.

do you plan different class to have different "level accessibility" ? f.ex. one dude jump higher than the rest. Or one cannot swim at all. This would be cool.

4 hours ago, Lagi_ said:

do you plan different class to have different "level accessibility" ? f.ex. one dude jump higher than the rest. Or one cannot swim at all. This would be cool.

I've tried to keep things simple, the original intention was to make certain access points available to exclusive classes but level design would be a nightmare. and im no expert in that field that's for damn sure.

For this game i like to think of classes as difficulty levels, a way to mix up gameplay. some classes, like the "beast" fight well under water. But classes that use gunpowder are useless. Each have their pros and cons. And your always welcome to switch classes mid game if you feel one is not doing it for you. no 2 classes feel the same in anyway. Every weapon has something new to offer, and there are currently 30 weapons and counting.

hedon.png.927382c56031e2c9240520e6ff780757.png

I've had discussions with the Hedon developer.
And some of you will be pleased to know that ive been given permission to include Zan (The games protagonist) as a guest Class to the game, sporting most of her classic arsenal, original voice actor and a new custom hud. Ill be making all assets from scratch to compliment the games current art direction.

If you have a character you would love to see make a guest appearance in the game (that fits with the medieval theme), drop a comment and ill see if i can get hold of the developers.

Edited by Ermin

41 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

@Ermin Have you tried @Bridgeburner56's Age of Hell?

Its funny you mention it, he was the first person i considered asking. But 2 things have been stopping me..

1. Age of hell, despite the medieval architecture the game still takes heavy influences from the sci-fi genre through its weapons (energy/plasma based) and enemy designs (cybernetics) which clash with this games theme. Of course this can easily be overlooked ... which brings me to...
  2. A crusader type character with very similar weapon types already exists in this game, which would lead to 2 (almost) identical classes.

These points are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things tho, at the end of the day its about promoting and supporting each others works. I'll wait until age of hell is complete and see how i feel about it then :)

This will be the best thing ever. I am beyond amazed by what you've presented so far. 

If you don't finish this, then it will never be on DoomWiki.

This looks even more badass than Graven. Brilliant.

This is like "Painkiller" for DOOM.

DOOM guy needs a vacation so Daniel is gonna step up and take one for the team. :o} 

Edited by Korozive

Its been a minute since ive posted, heres some new enemy/npc pictures and concepts, as usual im smashing it.

The game now has over 40 weapons, and nearly 30 enemy types. Over 8 playable classes (Featuring Hedon and maybe later the character from age of hell) and counting. Procedural generated rouge like dungeons Mode, RTS mode, combat arena, unlockables and so much fucking more. Because im just a guy, that keeps on giving.

ezgif-7-a594645bb4b3.gif?width=723&heigh
ezgif-2-6dff663e7de9.gif?width=971&heigh

Possest_Elemental_guard.png?width=1440&h

1231231233.png?width=1285&height=676ezgif-2-0576bbf515ee.gif