Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DRM-MAN

Does anyone else like egg salad sandwiches?

I'm curious if anyone else shares my love of egg salad sandwiches, obviously this is going to make me look weirder, but ehh.

Egg sandwiches are great, but I don't like them when they have cress in them. The combination of the eggs and mayo and the stringy texture of that particular type of salad green trips some kind of gag reflex in me.

I really don't. There's something about the texture and taste of them that I can't stand. Which is odd, because I love fried eggs and hard-boiled eggs. And a fried egg sandwich, two fried eggs over easy, on buttered toast, with a slice of cheese is absolutely delicious. Hard-boiled eggs with a sprinkle of salt are a very tasty and nutritious snack. 

I think it's just the slimy quality about egg salad that I don't care for, the same with scrambled eggs. Unless scrambled eggs have cheese added, usually cheddar, to kind of thicken it up, I can't stand scrambled eggs. And I love omelettes as well, as long as they've been thickened with cheese. 

My older brother on the other hand absolutely loves egg salad sandwiches. And yet he can't stand tuna sandwiches, which are one of my favorite sandwiches. Can of drained chunk-light tuna (in water), teaspoon of miracle whip, and a teaspoon or two of sweet relish. I can't enough of them. And I'm sure there are quite a few people out there that would gag at the thought of a tuna fish sandwich with miracle whip and sweet relish.

I can't stand mayonnaise either, mostly because of the eggy taste it has, so I've always used miracle whip. Which is odd, because when I make hard-boiled eggs I usually over-boil them so that the yolk is olive green on the outside, which gives them a much more pungent egg taste as opposed to the light yellow yolk that most people go for, which tastes more fresh and eggy.

So yeah, we're all fucking weird. 

If the school cafeteria didn't have any good entrees for the day, my fallback meal was a sandwich with egg salad on one slice, tuna salad on the other, and salami in the middle.

Ok did you tailor make this thread for me? I LOVE egg salad and its sandwiches!

My Pinterest is literally 2 boards:

1. EGG SALAD
  2. NOT EGG SALAD

Funnily enough, I hated eggs (especially boiled eggs) as a kid, to the point of almost throwing up. But I did a complete 180 as an adult.

10 minutes ago, DuckReconMajor said:

Ok did you tailor make this thread for me? I LOVE egg salad and its sandwiches!

My Pinterest is literally 2 boards:

1. EGG SALAD
  2. NOT EGG SALAD

Funnily enough, I hated eggs (especially boiled eggs) as a kid, to the point of almost throwing up. But I did a complete 180 as an adult.

It's kinda scary how that's exactly how i started to like them.

I take a scrambled egg sandwich over that anytime (even better if it has some sausage or chorizo in the mix). Sorry m8.

When I was a kid I used to eat egg salad sandwiches. I don't recall ever particularly liking them, but they were fine. At some point the texture really started to bother me, the flavour is fine but I can't stand the mouth feel.

The closest thing to an egg salad sandwich I will eat now is something I call a 'bacon and eggs sandwich', which is totally a new and unique invention that I came up with and has never been thought of independently by any other person. Two slices of toast, one with honey the other with crunchy peanut butter, a layer of scrambled eggs and a layer of bacon.

Yum

In my opinion. Fucking disgusting. You know what's worse though, my father LOVES scrambled eggs and peanut butter. Yuck

They're OK. Often at gas stations they'll be the only non-meat option available other than pure snacks, so I am happy that they exist. Best if they aren't soggy and aren't on "cotton wool" bread, but beggars can't be choosers.

Edit: On the question of cress, I am mostly ambivalent. On the whole it adds little, but isn't offensive as long as it doesn't get in the way too much. A little mustard or mayonaise isn't a deal-breaker, but it shouldn't be anything more than a slight hint. If it starts to become a guar gum sandwich, it is going in the garbage, and that establishment gets a black mark on my mental map (along with Subways that don't carry "the patty").

Edited by Grazza

I'm eating one right now. This thread actually prompted me to go out and buy some eggs and some green onions.

Mmmmmmmmmm.