Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2021 - On IdGames!

Fantastic to see the return of a proper Doomworld Mega Project-style community mapset, thank you for taking the lead on this Obsidian! This is a fantastic ways for both old and new mappers to contribute to a project in a welcoming, expectation-free environment. 

To those asking: there's no limit on the number of mappers. If you've ever fancied contributing to a community mapset but haven't so far, fancy trying something different, or are just wanting an excuse to get back into mapping, this is the perfect mapset for it.

I'm pretty new to the whole mapping thing, but I'm fairly confident that I can get something made by the deadline. Count me in.

I'll make something for it, like the good old times. Glad to see the original description of the map submission rules, can't wait to see what the community can pull off!

I will participate, but I have a question: Can I seperately release my map out of this project?

2 hours ago, NoXion said:

10 months is long enough to learn enough to make something decent, right?

I'd say it depends on the person, but it certainly was for me. I'm sure it'll be enough for you if you put in the effort and dedication, though!

Sounds pretty cool, sign me up.  I will try and make a map after I publish some of my other maps first. Haven't contributed to a community project before, so this will be interesting.  :)

That's exciting, I had to map for a long, and usually am afraid to join other projects as I am not that good or confident with it, but I have a specific idea I always wanted to try (it only involves adding my new textures so it's in the rules) and maybe it's time. And the deadline is long to do it well.

Count me in please!

When it is said no dehacked.... does it include dehacked for level name and tunes included in the wad file with slade ?

And also I didn't quite understand this whole thing... is it a critique thread or a community chest kinda of megawad with no map limit whatsoever ?

8 hours ago, Horus said:

I don't think this project has a cap in terms of number of maps/participants, @Obsidian please correct me if I'm wrong

Nope, that's correct! Also good to see you participating, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

3 hours ago, NokturnuS said:

Eternity UDMF format allowed ?

If yes I will submit an entry.

:D

I'm going to do my best to accommodate Eternity for this project: I was considering submitting an Eternity map myself and I want to make sure that it isn't deprived of a platform in what ostensibly advertises itself as the most open project on the forums. So yes!

55 minutes ago, JezChrist said:

When it is said no dehacked.... does it include dehacked for level name and tunes included in the wad file with slade ?

And also I didn't quite understand this whole thing... is it a critique thread or a community chest kinda of megawad with no map limit whatsoever ?

When I said DeHackEd I was more referring to things like custom monsters and weapons: apologies for the confusion! As for the nature of the project, it is indeed a "community chest" of sorts: the line about feedback is so people can receive critique for their maps as something of a pseudo-payment for submitting their work to the DMP. Hopefully that clears things up.

Edited by Obsidian

Perfect timing. I've been wanting to get into mapping again this year. Sign me up!

VERY new to the whole map making thing, saw this on twitter and decided to sign up to the forum finally just to join in. A year should be enough time to make something, haha.

31 minutes ago, elderdragonbrasil said:

Hi, man!

I want to participate! Anyone asked for Map 01? I want to make a cool initial map, with a balance encounter, to help the wad progress.

The project doesn't allocate mapslots: maps will be sorted by the format they're in and then in order of submission. If you really want a MAP01 slot, you'll have to map for vanilla and finish your map before anyone else makes a vanilla map and pips you to the post. :P

10 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

The project doesn't allocate mapslots: maps will be sorted by the format they're in and then in order of submission. If you really want a MAP01 slot, you'll have to map for vanilla and finish your map before anyone else makes a vanilla map and pips you to the post. :P

Ha, nice! I am already doing it, sire! Beware the Startan Texture, cause I gonna (ab)use you!

16 hours ago, NoXion said:

I've never made a map before, apart from a simple box with some imps and a shotgun in it. 10 months is long enough to learn enough to make something decent, right?

Well.... if you map during those 10 month : yes. Like, Sandy had less and made some of the best maps in doom 1 like Halls of the Damned or Mt Erebus.
Take a chance, you have nothing to loose, players have everything to win ;)

I'll try and submit my next map if I manage to finish it in time.

40 minutes ago, Soulless said:

Biggest Megawad ever?

I'm assuming from the thread title that this project is intended to be a community-made compilation of WADs in the spirit of "Maximum Doom", which was originally a whole bunch of WADs that were hastily bundled with the Master Levels. Although given how rubbish some of the levels are in that collection, including duplicates and minor edits, I expect this community effort to have better quality overall.