Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2021 - On IdGames!

2 hours ago, Glowylikesdoom said:

Is it still possible to join this?

considering that this project lasts an entire year I think it's gonna be open for a very long time

23 hours ago, Mr Masker said:

considering that this project lasts an entire year I think it's gonna be open for a very long time

In principle, you could join on December 31st, and it would be fine as long as you submitted your map by the end of the day.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

In principle, you could join on December 31st, and it would be fine as long as you submitted your map by the end of the day.

id love to see someone do that 

Here's the map I made. I know it's really early, but I decided to get it done now so that way I wouldn't have to worry about it later.

Spoiler

NUIImuC.png

TbvWFHS.png

UhNRiLw.png

vPulySy.png

iB3jl1L.png

YXFGixc.png

cgBZ4wJ.png

DDwpABO.png

37GvWM8.png

"The council will judge you, Doomguy."

Map Name: Simpathy

IWAD: DOOM2

Compatibility: MBF (-complevel 11)

Tested with: GLBoom+ and GZDoom

Difficulty: Yes

Jumping: No

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7zmnjaprq4mpzz4/EM_DMP21.zip/file

Edited by E.M.

6 hours ago, Alper002 said:

Complevel 11 is MBF, not Boom. Boom is complevel 9.

Fixed.

Liking what I'm seeing so far: I'll update the OP and get some playtesting done once DW starts running respectfully again.

1 hour ago, Obsidian said:

Liking what I'm seeing so far: I'll update the OP and get some playtesting done once DW starts running respectfully again.

Feels like Doomworld's been slow for about two weeks now :(

3 hours ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

Strange. I thought it was my connection

It is an DDOS Attack.

Yesterday i felt like it was nearly normal for a while.

But seems that the Attacker still wants to annoy us all.

I would go and do a map for this, but I have not even been able to continue mapping for my team mod project even though I do have a PC now, just something that refrains me from doing so when I really want to do something, that and I am busy.

But this lasts a year so let's see if I don't forget and can do something later on.

5 hours ago, Azuris said:

It is an DDOS Attack.

Yesterday i felt like it was nearly normal for a while.

But seems that the Attacker still wants to annoy us all.

Why is someone doing a DDOS towards here of all places? That seems odd to me. 

I couldn't even login yesterday, but today it seems fine.

I understand that the admin has disabled logins to avoid some issues having to do with the recent attacks, it's getting old though.

It makes no sense to me either, what is the point in DDOSing anything? aside from being a prick.. 

Did someone recently get banned?

Anyways, some really nice looking maps in here guys!

Damn nice stuff!

Edited by Mr.Rocket

I've been quite busy working on my own project but I still wanted to contribute. I had this rejected, Egyptian map sitting on my drive for a long time and I still really like it so I'm finally shoving it out to the world. Apologies for not renaming textures, I don't know if they already belong to a texture pack or not (they were PGR or Scythe 2 textures I think). If you want me to rename textures, let me know!

Here is my submission: khufu.zip

On 2/1/2021 at 2:42 AM, Obsidian said:

Rules

• If you're using a few custom textures, make sure that they're all named with a 3-letter prefix of your username: something like OBS_****, for example. If you're using an entire pack (OTEX, CC4tex, etc), let me know which one and I'll ferret out the textures used once compiling rolls around.

One question regarding this because I'm new to custom textures. Do you need just the texture names to have a 3-letter prefix of my username, or patches as well?

OP has been updated!

20 hours ago, Scorpius said:

Apologies for not renaming textures, I don't know if they already belong to a texture pack or not (they were PGR or Scythe 2 textures I think). If you want me to rename textures, let me know!

Yep, that'd be excellent if you could do that: there's always the chance of a screw-up while compiling if the textures retain their original names. I also need the complevel of your map, if you'd be so kind.

8 hours ago, Ofisil said:

One question regarding this because I'm new to custom textures. Do you need just the texture names to have a 3-letter prefix of my username, or patches as well?

The patches need the prefix as well: apologies for not making that clearer.