Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2021 - On IdGames!

Here's the final version of my "2048x2048" map that got slightly out of hand (general fighting area is still within the limit i imposed on myself).

MAP NAME: Demon Demolition
FORMAT: Limit Removing Doom 2 (Tested in DSDA-Doom 0.21.3 -complevel 2)
Author: Knifeworld

IWAD: DOOM 2
Single Player: Intended for!
Deathmatch starts: No
COOP starts: No
Difficulty Levels: None/UV only (not much time, spent it on level design)
Textures: A custom long sky texture of mine

MIDI: Fault Zone by MARTIN SKOG, from "Ecco The Dolphin 2: Tides of Time"
Couldn't find the source I remember using in time,
the version listed here is likely (hopefully) the same:
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/genesis/

Description: YEAAHHHHH BIG EXPLOSIONS

DMP_KWDD.zip

doom641.png

doom644.png

5 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

One hour left to submit your maps!

When can we expect the compiled project to be available do you think?

3 minutes ago, CorzaX24 said:

When can we expect the compiled project to be available do you think?

I'll try and get it out in a timely manner, but currently there's a hearty amount of work that needs to be done to make the whole thing ready for primetime: resource gathering, source citing, graphics, it's gonna keep me busy for a while. I'll get back to you on that one, heh.

2 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Aww schucks, I'm just happy to help. :^)

I'd love for you to play test my submission, and give any feedback you have! Just further up on this page.

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Thank you so much for testing it! I'm so pleased that you made it through :)

The BFG is mainly a gift for making it; As you saw, if you find and activate the switch in the last room that starts the crushing ceilings, you don't really need to fire a single shot for 100% kills. That is, of course, if you wait for the crushers to do their work.. otherwise you can help with the BFG or just walk out by that point.. like you did ^^

Speaking of "finding & activating", there's a secret where you can raise two small covers for that one area with the raising stairs.. but it's cool to see that you made it through without. I knew it was possible but I still thought I'd add something to make it easier for someone less skilled at playing than you (like me, for example) ^^

I hope you enjoyed it- thank you for playtesting all these maps (not just mine)!

2 hours ago, CorzaX24 said:

I'd love for you to play test my submission, and give any feedback you have! Just further up on this page.

Consider it done, mate. Needs more sludge!

9 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Anyone who's submitted a map before the deadline can update their map as long as the changes they're looking to make aren't too extensive

Ehrm.. I.. uhm..

I uploaded an updated version.

I realized there's a way to soft lock yourself if you make it onto the walkways on the sides of the starting room without having acquired the key. I didn't add or take away any sectors for the fix, though- I just made two sectors additional blocking rooms that get lowered when the player passes the key door, basically.

Here's the file. It's not really a critical bug but I don't like having potential progress breakers like that:

Zylinderkatze-Maximus-MAP15-SLF.zip

Sorry.. and thank you!

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Consider it done, mate. Needs more sludge!

Appreciate the play-through mate! Good to see it being done by someone else! Couple things I need to tweak I think.

The skippable Cacodemons and Barons, didn't mean for them to be skippable.
The Barons not spawning near the end is actually a line trigger under the rocket launcher pickup, didn't trigger for some reason.
The hole in the sewers part, kinda silly. Maybe I should make that blocked or insta death lol.
Couple secrets you missed obviously, maybe they're not obvious enough, or they're just right, hmm don't know.

And... More sludge!

Good luck with compiling Obsidian and well done to everyone who mapped and playtested ( <3 @Biodegradable).

@Obsidian - I know there's a whole lot of work to do for compiling, if you need a hand with some stuff like making CWILs or something lemme know.

So what now? Are all the submissions going to be put into a PK3 file like the Master Levels launcher?

8 minutes ago, DoctorNuriel said:

I love the

Hide contents

gun-shaped part of the map

, that must be some kind of signature, right? Really nice map overall, a solid challenge!

Yes it is hahaha It's the first time I used it. Thanks a lot for playing it, really.

Could you tell me what difficulty did you choose? 

9 minutes ago, DoomRevolver said:

Yes it is hahaha It's the first time I used it. Thanks a lot for playing it, really.

Could you tell me what difficulty did you choose? 

I played on HMP :)

On 12/29/2021 at 5:15 PM, DoctorNuriel said:

@Obsidian

I made a few tiny tweaks (and also added music that isn't d_runnin) to Noroi! This is the final-final version for inclusion :)

yureimap01_noroi_v3.zip

I just played this, a fun short map. Good work on the Japanese decoration and the music choice.

8 hours ago, DoomRevolver said:

I just played this, a fun short map. Good work on the Japanese decoration and the music choice.

Thank you so much :)) I always wanted to make a map in this style ever since playing Shadow Warrior '97 and I'm glad folks enjoy it!

@lokbustam257 Noticed a bit of a bug in your submission. Tested in ZDoom, if that's relevant.

Screenshot_Doom_20220105_151823.png

I can probably fix it if need be, but I wanted to let you know in case you wanted to fix it yourself. Or you could leave it in, it's very much up to you: as important as quality control is in a community project, it's slightly lower on the priority list when it comes to this one. :P

A slightly updated version of my map.

Download - Hangnail v2

Changes:
- fixed some texture alignments
- added doorstops to some doors
- some more health in most areas
- final archvile is now turreted

Also apologies if I was supposed to rename my sky--I wasn't sure since it was from a commonly used source.