Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2021 - On IdGames!

I'm still alive. Working on the outdoor scenery right now and trying to polish off gameplay. I accidentally broke all the textures in my map trying to surround it with an outdoor scene which set me back quite significantly.

There's really not much to the outdoor pieces right now, but at least all the textures are fixed.

image.png.d29f2b050b3947b8cd457c5629602e54.png

There's a lot of symmetry in the map currently and I don't know how I feel about it. At first I didn't care, but the more I play the level the more repetitive it feels. I'm worried, however, that if I do try to change it now I might not be able to finish in time.

image.png.27dc526c794c8fba0d55d26110f75784.png

I guess what I'll do for now is move forward with the level as it stands and try to finish it, then try to make the change on a different version if time allows.

I'd like to make another submission - Nobody Fucks With The Jesus, my first attempt at a Slaughter-style map, but in a very condensed form. This map takes under 5 minutes to complete, and is not terribly hard.

TIGC_NobodyFucks.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20210816_195503.png

Edited by DoctorNuriel

On 2/1/2021 at 1:42 AM, Obsidian said:

Rules

• One map submission per person.

I'm sorry @DoctorNuriel but you can make one map and one map only for this project! You can talk to Obsidian when he will visit this thread again of what maps you want to have here between the two you made, otherwise that map of yours can have a home in this other more anarchic project: 

Since some other folks here are doing it, I'll do it too. This is my obligatory "I'm still alive" post.

Here's some screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210822_233118.png.dbadbfb1c5b943349a5dded7f92891cf.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210822_233141.png.72ffeb8e1aa54c01981c7b5d23bd8df5.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210822_233153.png.8900c75759af2d1908ad909bcbb019c5.png

Layouts are pretty much done for the most part. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I want to end the map and get the item balance down right.

Still have some work left to do overall, but generally shouldn't be too much longer before it's finished.

Map is acting kinda weird though. Dunno how to explain it. I'll work it out eventually.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:53 AM, Walter confetti said:

I'm sorry @DoctorNuriel but you can make one map and one map only for this project! You can talk to Obsidian when he will visit this thread again of what maps you want to have here between the two you made, otherwise that map of yours can have a home in this other more anarchic project: 

No problem! I'll stick with Noroi for this pack, then.

Hello everyone!  It occured to me that I signed up to this project months ago & then never followed up.

Rest assured I still fully intend to submit a map to this project, however a combination of mapping burnout & real life concerns led to me taking a break from Doom mapping for a while.

Now that things have calmed down I have the drive to resume mapping again & have made some good progress over the past few days, you'll find some early WIP screenshots in the spoiler section below :

Spoiler

ZFv6OK.jpg

ZFvQZP.jpg

ZFvVsm.jpg

The map will be a Boom format map making use of cc4tex.  The only maps I've made before have been in the regular 'Doom in Doom 2' map format so I might be using this project as an excuse to learn the extended features of Boom to design some interesting combat scenarios ^_^

Just like the poster above me, I had taken a pause from mapping. During that break I had to figure out how I was going to change certain parts of the map for the better, because I wasn't satisfied with what I had at the moment.

The map was a little irritating due to combat taking place in uncomfortably shaped rooms, a lot of peek shooting was required for some parts, rooms were either really hard or really easy, and worst of all it's a really linear map. Linear in the sense that you're likely to enter each room in the same order I did testing the map.

Right now, I'm trying to break the lineage and the irritating difficulty, as well as also changing some textures that don't fit with the overall theme.

I've got two more maps to finish for other projects and then I'm also hoping to get back to this. I've been exploring some LGBTQ flag themes and may use that as a jumping off point for my map :3 I do have something started but not too far into it either so I'm thinking I'll be able to purpose it that way. 

I'm probably gonna have to withdraw from this. I have a knack for signing up for things I'm never gonna do. You can take me off the list.

May I request that my current submission be removed please? I'm working on something that will outshine the submission.

EDIT: I'm still working on new submission but keep old map just in case.

Edited by Scorpius

Here is a map;

dmp2021cb.zip

Name - Caldera

Port - Vanilla compatible 

Music - Dave D Taylor Blues (Naturally, I couldn't think of a better track).

Difficulty settings included

Tested in DSDA Doom and Chocolate Doom (Renderlimits)

This should be pretty brisk for most players (Ten minutes approx), a couple of nastier traps but it should be relatively simple for most. Whilst Plutonia has seen a little love, TNT is of course the same age and subsequently needs a little affection. This is a tribute to Map12 of TNT Evilution. I made this whilst suffering from a bit of mappers block on other projects.

Since the deadline is far away enough: Allright, sign me up :)

I have a very vague idea about what I'll be submitting. No idea how it will turn out, but it will be mostly outdoor. Gotta practice my landscaping!

I've finally decided to make a map for this project, so sign me up I guess. I'll start livestreaming my mapping progress over the next few months.

Well, you said that map of every type is accepted? Ehehe...

Spoiler

DOOM0000.png DOOM0001.png

DOOM0003.png

DOWNLOAD

Title: All you can shit

Author: Walter

Port: Limit Removing

Tested with: Crispy Doom 5.10.1, Prboom 2.5.1.7um+ complevel 2

Difficulty Settings: Yes

New Graphics: Yes, few modified stock assets with paint. New textures have all the WA- prefix

New Music: Lady in Red midi

Description: A map rejected from the unnameable cyberpunk project from that other forum you all known, is that map with sector sushi. retextured with stock textures, also the texturing is made like this on purpose. Also the remaking of this bloody map was pretty cursed guys.

Story: You are the toughest agent of secret services and you and a CIA team are going to investigate at some restaurant called "Chez Pain" because some boomer on facebook tell the services that in this hides Talibans, Drug Lords, Communists and Time Wasters. Is time to infiltrate and the destroy the empire of evil hosted by Chez Pain. AMERICA!

Edited by Walter confetti

Spoiler

Z50kbz.jpg

Z50J4b.jpg

Z50gio.jpg

Z50El5.jpg

My submission is ready!  Here are the important details :

MAP NAME - Hell of a First Day!

MAP FORMAT - Boom (use '-complevel 9' if using PrBoom Plus)

TESTED SOURCE PORTS - PrBoom Plus v2.5.1.4 & 2.6.1um  /  GZDoom v4.5.0 & 4.6.1

JUMPING & FREELOOK - Jumping should NOT be used, it will break progression or get you stuck depending on where you use it.  Freelook is not required to beat the map (it has been tested on UV & beaten with it disabled), but also shouldn't break anything so I'll consider Freelook a personal preference.

MUSIC - Stage 2 from 'Journey to Silius'

TEXTURES - cc4tex (Textures not included, must load textures seperately.  I can provide a list of all the specific cc4tex textures & flats I used once it's time to compile all the maps together.)

BACK STORY - You are a fresh recruit out of Space Marine Academy & have just been assigned your first post at a UAC facility.  You arrive at the facility only to discover everyone dead & the place is infested with demons & zombies!  You didn't even get to say hello to your new colleagues!  The door you came in through locked behind you, good thing you packed a sidearm & some magazines with you, since now you'll have to fight your way out & survive!  Hopefully the next job will actually land you a paycheck........

Adjustments have been made for all difficulties & for co-op play!

DOWNLOAD HERE!

On 1/31/2021 at 7:43 PM, Obsidian said:

List o' Mappers

@Obsidian When I first submitted my map, I miscomprehended the OP rules, so my Icon Of Sin map I submitted (for Boom) was created in MAP30, but moved to MAP01 for this. Looking back, there are a few bugs due to that, so I want to ask if I can take it down the list, as I'm currently planning on replacing the map with a different one without bugs such as overlapping monsters. Sorry for that, and thanks!

Edited by Paf

2 hours ago, Yousuf Anik said:

Want to know how much time is left for submission? I’m working on my map and I want to submit it.

The deadline is midnight on the 1st of January, 2022 in Yankee Time

2 hours ago, Major Arlene said:

The deadline is midnight on the 1st of January, 2022 in Yankee Time

Oh thanks! I think I can make it in time.

I'M STILL ALIVE

This year's been a wild one and unfortunately that means that I haven't been able to give this project the attention that it deserves; apologies! I'll be doing some collating and sorting over the next week and progress on my submission is still a thing that is happening: here, let me post some screenshots as proof.

Spoiler

etrn00.png

etrn02.png

etrn03.png

etrn04.png

etrn01.png

Thanks to everyone who's submitted a map so far and all the folks who are still working on theirs: looks like this project is shaping up to be rather excellent. :D

So this will be my first wad ever released. 

Boom map tested on PRBOOM and GZdoom. Medium/Hard difficulty depending on player skill, uses textures from OTEX and Gothic texture wad but used textures are included. Dehacked file and MAPINFO file are only for NAME CHANGE. Enjoy and let me know what you guys think.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20211017_011909.png.bca6cb3bd27cedc4d8855e3790b5c097.png

Screenshot_Doom_20211017_012041.png.12cd76f7d84b37b75c7a5e85e0cd5715.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211017_012203.png.8c36014a675c91205c7db8be90b8e9c5.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211017_012318.png.d81be5b64eaacc805b9100b9287e2ec2.png

bookdepot.zip

Edited by Dr Fluffystuff : updated wad, found missing lower textures that were accidently deleted during cleanup

I'm going to have to pull out of mapping for this project unfortunately, because I don't want to make maps anymore. Sorry about that, but I've always preferred playing maps to making them.

Best of luck to this project being a success in the final version!

Got a question about submitting a map that requires a Texture pack (in my case its OTEX) do i submit a wad file with only the map or do I include OTEX with it?