Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2021 - On IdGames!

Hey @Obsidian, I'm going to resign from this project because my standards have changed and I freakin' hate the map I currently have. The start, the Plutonia wood type room, and that pyramid room looks pretty good but the rest of it is sluggish bullcrap, worse than Mt.Pain. I also don't have enough time to work on the rest of it because I kind of went vacationing for too long. If anyone wants to play the crap I have now feel free to try. Yes I'm that pissed.

DMPmap.zip

On 11/3/2021 at 11:01 AM, jazzmaster9 said:

Got a question about submitting a map that requires a Texture pack (in my case its OTEX) do i submit a wad file with only the map or do I include OTEX with it?

If you've used an extensive amount of textures from the pack, then just mention that you used it when you submit your map and I'll add the textures myself.

3 hours ago, Obsidian said:

If you've used an extensive amount of textures from the pack, then just mention that you used it when you submit your map and I'll add the textures myself.

If i use just a few own created ones :)?

I guess just the Map?

7 hours ago, Azuris said:

If i use just a few own created ones :)?

I guess just the Map?

If you've got a small amount, then please include them in the map in accordance with the OP stipulations. :)

Sign me up! I'll be using boom format, and OTEX, if ya mind.

Edit: I'm gonna restrict myself to the good old original textures. As a challenge!

Edit edit: I just felt kinda confused lmao. I'll use some custom textures from OTEX.

Edited by RetroAkaMe

I canceled my submission. I decided to make it just a separate thing. I'm sorry :P

Edited by RetroAkaMe

Here's My Submission to the project.

Metropolitan Mayhem Machine

IWAD: Doom 2

REQUIRES: OTEX 1.1

Format: Limit Removing

Difficulty Settings: No (not yet, I'll work on it base on initial feed back)

Tested with: prboom+ 2.5.1.4

metropol.zip

400525470_Screenshot(157).png.5b84dbd5e0fff33bf59aa7796daa3a5e.png

Hello, I would like to remove my old submission and submit this - it's a complete revamp with new vistas and lots of bloodshed: NEKHBET.zip

MAP INFO:

• Name: Nekhbet's Demesne
  • Play: Single and cooperative
  • Comp: Limit removing / -complevel 2
  • MIDI: The Occultist by Tristan Clark
  • Tested: PrBoom+ v2.5.1.4 / Zandronum v3.0

SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20211128_195527.png.ce236c0b63cc23cbc085b38199cc5b49.png

Screenshot_Doom_20211128_195659.png.1a57aa4ad9f81db47811ad062fe86c20.png

Screenshot_Doom_20211128_200409.png.44994005898a61b5fe60e694afe4d3df.png

Edited by Scorpius

hey update! i'm not dropping out homever i wont use otex and maybe not even udmf, for some reason ive been itching to make something with more vanilla textures

hopefully i'll have something to post and/or submit soon

So the question i have is this, can it be in any map slot expect map07 and map30? Because i've been looking to get into another project lately and help me get better at mapping.

If that's the case then i'll join if there room, if not then that's ok.

3 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

So the question i have is this, can it be in any map slot expect map07 and map30? Because i've been looking to get into another project lately and help me get better at mapping.

If that's the case then i'll join if there room, if not then that's ok.

The rule to do with MAP07 and MAP30 is solely so people don't try and build around the gimmicks present in those slots. This is very much an open project and there's no upper limit on the amount of maps that will be accepted, so long as it's just one per person.

1 hour ago, Obsidian said:

The rule to do with MAP07 and MAP30 is solely so people don't try and build around the gimmicks present in those slots. This is very much an open project and there's no upper limit on the amount of maps that will be accepted, so long as it's just one per person.

Ok, i'll give it a shot.

I'm hereby officially dropping out on this project, at least for this years edition. December is going to be a busy month workwise and as far as mapping goes I've got some other projects I wish to finish first. Good luck everybody!

@Obsidian here is my submission:

Map name: Acute Pain

Author: Austinado

Format: UDMF

Textures: cc4-tex and GOTHICTX

Sky: SKY3

Tested with: GZDoom only (by @Austinado @Napsalm, @FrancisT218@Vile and @kvothesixstring (Thanks all of you!)

Music: @AD_79- Jaws of Fate

Download here : AustinDMP21

AustinDMP21(b)

AustinDMP21(c)

AustinDMP21(d) MOST UPDATED

Reasons of edit: 

Spoiler

- Had to fix two lindefs

- Had to fix two pain sectors

- Had to fix some textures and adjust some sectors

- Had Little more ammo in nukage area

Screenshots:

1qzXP2T.jpg

OTN0k2z.jpg

YwutEtr.jpg

gtWpCss.jpg

Edited by Austinado : Reasons..im sorry.

A couple of edits to my map

The biggest tweak is the exit area. I wanted it to feel a little more like the ending of TNT Map12 (Albeit still within the rationale of my interpretation). The second secret that shortcuts to the exit was moved to allow this larger exit area.

dmp2021cb.2.zip

I'm debating whether or not I still want to contribute to this. When I joined back in the beginning in the year, I thought I would be able to make a pretty decent map for this. I had completed a very basic first map, but wanted something better. But then I kinda overwhelmed myself. I started making a second map, but was trying multiple different ways to map all in one map. It wasn't cohesive, and it was getting frustrating to me. So I stopped and haven't toughed an editor in over half a year. I don't really have an itch to go back to attempting to map right now, mainly since I have so many WADs I want to play instead, and just general time constraints. That being said, I still do have that first map I completed. It's very basic though, and it wasn't something I ever planned on publishing. I am proud of it, but I wanted something a little bigger, diverse and tougher. I made it like it would have been an easy opening level to a megaWAD. Easier than Congo, but a little harder than the other IWAD Map 01s. So yeah. I'm a little dissapointed I couldn't bring myself to make something better, but I think if I do go back to making maps, I should wait until I feel comfortable with my skills before singing up for something. So I'll probably drop out of this. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made though!

Having started playing megawads made of reworked Maximum Doom submissions (e.g. 1994 Tune-Up, Heroes and Heroes 2), I find this project highly intriguing!

I almost forgot to submit! Here's something I've been sitting on since around August. Only my second finished map, not of high quality, but I do like some of the ideas I had here.

Name: Cortex Complex

Format: Boom

Custom Stuff: None

Tested With: PrBoom+

Spoiler

x2FoHFh.png

9Bs8cvh.png

cortexcomplex.zip

This looks pretty intriguing from the pics, a map set in a living super brain computer techbase is something unique, i must say!)

I decided to re-enter with a speed slaughtermap. I whipped this one up in about one night. It's mostly a joke map, but I put some minor thought into the combat. The last fight will lag a lot. It's called "Jon Hamm's Domain."

Boom compatibility, cl 9

No difficulty settings

Midi is "St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast" by Frank Zappa

doom01.png

jhamdmn.zip

Cheers heaps to everyone who's submitted maps and apologies for the radio silence: it's been a pretty busy year all told and I have just not had the brainspace to keep an eye on this project like I should have. XP That being said, I have been spending my time putting a hub map together for the finished product and I am pleased to announce that my own map submission is finally finished!

Name: SLADWALL Apocalypse

Music: "The Void" by Jimmy (from The Godhood Suite)

Source port: Eternity

Tested in: Eternity version 4.02.00

Difficulty settings: None

Co-op/DM: Nope

Sky comes from NITESKY.wad by Rich Nagel. Thanks to @Aurelius for testing!

Spoiler

etrn05.png?width=631&height=473

5 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Cheers heaps to everyone who's submitted maps and apologies for the radio silence: it's been a pretty busy year all told and I have just not had the brainspace to keep an eye on this project like I should have. XP That being said, I have been spending my time putting a hub map together for the finished product and I am pleased to announce that my own map submission is finally finished!

Thanks for hosting it! It's nice to have a project where the community can share custom stuff especially.