Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2021 - On IdGames!

Yeah, something like that, but all condensed in one huge megawad... Then it depends on how Obsidian want to handle this, maybe we'll have different wads by different ports...

Im not sure whether or not I will actually be able to make something for this but I'll try at the least. I'll join

If I want to use custom music, I'll need to know what level slot my map will occupy...I guess we can sort that out during submission?

4 minutes ago, maxmanium said:
  Hide contents

Am I doing this mapping thing right?

Yes, yes you are. :)

Already working on a map, looks like i can show off a screenshot.

Spoiler

92VPYTo.png

P.s, it's full on vanilla, so you can play it with any sourceport.

okay but only if we are making Tarnsman play through everything

Can I request to have my map in a certain map slot? If so, then I’d like slot 13. That is unless you want to create an organic difficulty progression using all these maps you will receive. If not, then my only request is that I don’t have slot 07 or 30.

1 hour ago, Jacek Bourne said:

Can I request to have my map in a certain map slot? If so, then I’d like slot 13. That is unless you want to create an organic difficulty progression using all these maps you will receive. If not, then my only request is that I don’t have slot 07 or 30.

Edit:Sorry for misreading the post

Anyhow, I'm interested in mapping too. Might wait to start work on my map for this cause I have things I want to finish first, but I think I know where I want to start with it when I do get on with it :)

1 hour ago, Jacek Bourne said:

As Obsidian said, "The format of DMP21 isn't based on the traditional megawad structure, so you don't need to worry about mapslots. Generally the maps are grouped by the source port required for them and are reached via a hubmap at the start."

From that description, this sounds similar to the hub map for either Doomworld Mega Project 2016 or 2017, if you want a reference.

I'll participate.

Have a Map in the Making.

Where do i share it and i am allowed to share it before or do i have it to keep it where Indiana Jones puts the Tresures?

6 hours ago, MDevlin said:

Maybe? What's the current record?

There's likely a Terry-wad or equivalent out there with a million empty maps in, but for real mappacks the Doom Compendium has over a thousand maps in at current counting.

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I am starting to get into mapping, and I think making a level good enough to submit for this would be great, so count me in. Just one question: Can I change the level I submit? Like if I submit a level in June, but make something I think is better the next month, can I switch them out?

17 minutes ago, thepa1n20 said:

can you tell me how to find that easter egg that i need to find 

...I think you might've taken a wrong turn at Wads and Mods, there's nothing to do with easter eggs in here.

Sign me up too! This might be just my second map ever but hey, you did say you wanted people of all skill levels.

Spoiler

Cooking up somethin' in UMDF... Trying to get it to look nice both for default hardware rendering and "software-like" hardware rendering.

image.png.91c5462d27e85b343396dd10e68bbc23.png

image.png.556819cdddc0be1f6ac6c3b680be2470.png

Mapper list has been updated!

16 hours ago, Mr Masker said:

Is there gonna be like a discord server used/made for this?

A server isn't really necessary, considering the somewhat lax guidelines of this project. If you have any questions, just post them in here and someone will be able to answer them for you.

13 hours ago, Azuris said:

Where do i share it and i am allowed to share it before or do i have it to keep it where Indiana Jones puts the Tresures?

Once you're done with your map, just link it in the thread. As for what you do with your map outside of the project, that's entirely up to you: feel free to share it with others if you so wish.

9 hours ago, TJG1289 said:

Just one question: Can I change the level I submit? Like if I submit a level in June, but make something I think is better the next month, can I switch them out?

Certainly!

4 hours ago, MidnightMage said:

Crikey, that was fast. Congrats on being the first submission!

Spoiler

image.png.1931ee92625f2ac3c42cb3eaa51e26d3.png

I wanted to give a stab at CageTex for some time now, this Community project seems the perfect opportunity for it, and i am taking it with a Boom formatted City level of it, might be fun to see how well it results.