Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2021 - On IdGames!

I have a question though, is the prefix for custom textures required if we are using OTEX or CC4? I didn't really understand the rule about it and I'm planning on using cc4.

25 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

I have a question though, is the prefix for custom textures required if we are using OTEX or CC4? I didn't really understand the rule about it and I'm planning on using cc4.

Just let me know that your map requires CC4tex and I'll do the texture renaming myself once compiling starts. You only need to do it yourself if you use a handful of custom textures or ones that aren't in a dedicated resource pack.

1 minute ago, NeedHealth said:

@Obsidian Question, I have a map partially built already Am I allowed to submit it once completed ?

Sure! There's no requirement that the map has to be specifically made for the project, so go wild.

I'll definitely make something for this.  No idea what I'll come up with, but I guess that's half the fun.

9 hours ago, Obsidian said:

The deadline is midnight on the 1st of January, 2022 in Yankee Time (the last possible place for it to be 2021): here's a handy countdown.

Just enough time for me to think of something :D 

Sign me up, please. 

Oh man, I think im too late to participate, anyway, lots of good mappers involved, looks like is going to be great with all the time given.

Go map crazy people!

14 minutes ago, Soulless said:

Oh man, I think im too late to participate, anyway, lots of good mappers involved, looks like is going to be great with all the time given.

Go map crazy people!

I don't think this project has a cap in terms of number of maps/participants, @Obsidian please correct me if I'm wrong

Anyway, I'd also like to participate!

I've got some free time away from my electrodynamics studies so I guess I'll reserve a slot for this :P  

I already had made a map originally from a previous ongoing wad, though I was planning on making some refinements here in there. I will probably finish it up and submit it here instead. Just wondering if this would count as a submission? Its map 1 of hydra a wad that I was working on approx. 2 years ago. If not then I am fine with making a map from scratch though I'd say my mapping skills have become a bit rusty, I can still try and make something work; hopefully, that is.

I'm game! I still have my primary project, but ideas for a couple of maps I'd like to do as downtime from that.

Sign me up!

I've never made a map before, apart from a simple box with some imps and a shotgun in it. 10 months is long enough to learn enough to make something decent, right?