Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D4NUK1

Happy Birthday iD Software!

Out of curiosity, how many members of the original Id Software team are still working for the company? 

16 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Out of curiosity, how many members of the original Id Software team are still working for the company? 

I believe this video has got you covered

In my timezone is almost midnight, my uncle, who's always been a huge Id fan sent me a text just to tell me that, anyways happy birthday Id Software!

1 hour ago, Scrabbs said:

damn, I need to play quake again to celebrate

Damn, I need to play Daring Dave again to celebrate.

Happy birthday ID

Just now, Gustavo6046 said:

Damn, I need to play Daring Dave again to celebrate.

Damn, I need to play Wolfenstein 3D again to celebrate.

50 minutes ago, TenenteZashu said:

So is this a Ship of Theseus kind of situation?

Okay, now i have an excuse to play commander keen, wolfenstein3d, and all of doom1&2 alongside the commercial wads.

Happy birthday iD. I was recently thinking back on childhood memories and now thinking about it, I believe my first pc game was Commander Keen. 

14 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

So is this a Ship of Theseus kind of situation?

pretty much.

Of all the members, just Kevin Cloud and Donna Jackson are still there.

2 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Kevin Cloud, artist and the man behind Doomguy's iconic hairy arms, remains to this day serving in an executive role. He's all that's left of the original id Crew less you count id Mom, Donna who's still there too.

Edited by Biodegradable

image.png.2cbce3eeea5329f4f052eb55838e4226.png

Commander Keen was the defining game of my childhood.  Doom, although I was a little late on it, was the defining game of my teenage years.  My love of neither game has waned a bit since then, and it's hard to overstate how influential that tiny group of nerds in Texas has been on my own interests and creative sensibilities, to say nothing of their obvious influence on gaming as a whole.  Happy birthday id~

Romero shared this bit of history from October 1991 during Catacomb 3D's development to commemorate id's 30th. Apologies if this has already been shared somewhere else, but it's pretty cool either way.

https://vimeo.com/507217980

19 minutes ago, Lippeth said:

Romero shared this bit of history from October 1991 during Catacomb 3D's development to commemorate id's 30th. Apologies if this has already been shared somewhere else, but it's pretty cool either way.

https://vimeo.com/507217980

Woah, that's awesome! The only place I ever remember this orb effect finally getting it's due attention was at the start of the SNES port of Wolf3D, was it ever used anywhere else?

5 hours ago, TenenteZashu said:

Wow, Gregor Punchatz is one hell of a photogenic dude. First time seeing that Doom 64 model too. I always wondered what happened to Shawn Green, that last bit about him was, uhhhh, interesting. As was the Dave Taylor thing.

Happy Birthday id! Wow, 30 years? Here's to another 30 years of fine games (enters subliminal messaging....make Quake great again with a sequel to the first game. Leave out the dashing and platform weirdness, the giant question marks, infighting where nobody dies, glory kills, etc...) Wow 30 years, where did the time go?

Without their legendary games like Doom and Quake, my life would be totally different.

Happy 30th Birthday id Software!

And remember to 'eat your vegetables' folks

Imagine if the original members reunite once again to make a badass retro game.

====== id the way id did ======

Edited by dmslr