Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slipgate Tourist

Sprawl - retro style FPS inspired by Ghost in the Shell and Neuromancer running on Unreal Engine

Didn't see the devs had showed up in the thread, sorry about the offtopic above. Good job guys, I like what you're doing. Love the fact that you included those Boston Dynamics style bots, cyberpunk works can get updated as time passes.

About chromatic aberration, I rewatched the videos and it's only used to depict the slomo state. In my opinion that's fair. Some games (like Routine, r.i.p.) had it on at all times.

12 hours ago, scalliano said:

If WipEout was an FPS...

Well, technically, you can already play WipEout in first-person view, and since you can shoot... :P

You know what I mean XD

But seriously, the art-style and the HUD especially are giving me serious Wip3out vibes.

On 4/1/2021 at 4:27 PM, Rudolph said:

Is that game officially dead now?

the single developer behind it got a case of burnout and shut down the project. Can't find the news to link

This game with the bullet time and the shotgun jumps will make a enjoy to speedruns. The techo-gray stuff remind me of Deus Ex on a way.

Looks great, i got it on my wishlist for now!

The more this goes and the more I feel like this is what Flying Wild Hog's Hard Reset should have been: 

The beginning remembers me so much of Half-Life 2's City 17. Did you use the game's assets as placeholders or do they just look very similar?

Spotted a typo in the video, though: "representitive"

13 hours ago, Rudolph said:

The beginning remembers me so much of Half-Life 2's City 17. Did you use the game's assets as placeholders or do they just look very similar? 

Spotted a typo in the video, though: "representitive"

I'm gonna pretend the typo was intentional!

We didn't use any HL2 assets, none of the current environment art is placeholder, some thing might get polished later but everything was created for SPRAWL and we're happy with the appearance of the game so far!

@Embyr Glad to hear! I guess it is just a coincidence that the corridors at the beginning look so similar. 

Keep up the good work!

This is looking absolutely fantastic as far as I'm concerned. Interesting mechanics on show; good setting, the gameplay looks like it allows for a lot of player agency and unique approaches, so on and so forth! Appreciate the "coming when it's ready", heh.

The Ghost In The Shell influence is strong which has caught my attention, the music at the start of the trailer's making me want to rewatch the movie now. :P

I'll be keeping an eye out for this one's release for sure!

I absolutely love how slick the combat/gameplay is in this game. Definitely look forward to playing this.

On 5/16/2021 at 6:54 PM, Embyr said:

We didn't use any HL2 assets, none of the current environment art is placeholder, some thing might get polished later but everything was created for SPRAWL and we're happy with the appearance of the game so far!

Gameplay is definitely looking extremely promising. Nice work. 

On 6/23/2021 at 1:26 PM, Rudolph said:

...Are you allowed to do  that?! :o

It's just for the video, it's not gonna be in the game, I don't think there are any issues with it.... hopefully.

Good to see it is still being worked on! I take it that the game will feature an episodic format?

On 2/3/2021 at 5:28 AM, frag enabler said:

god DAMN I hate chromatic aberration with a passion

What you hate is the tacky way it's implemented in games. It naturally occurs in many photos and videos; even in Hollywood films. It's just that it's typically barely noticeable.

Unfortunately, a number of games and videos going for a retro look have this idea that it won't be "retro enough" if they don't push the filters a bit too far. Reminds me of obviously phony looking CRT scanlines, or how early 2000s games had way too much bloom. 

I hate chromatic aberration regardless of a way it is implemented. Why waste processing resource on effect that emulates bad lenses

Having beaten Sprawl over the course of the weekend, I can say it's a fantastic game well worth it's price tag. Good work to all involved, y'all made a great game!

I've tested this game a bit and can say that its mechanics are pretty easy to pick up and I enjoy it a lot. Great for those wanting to dip their toes into the movement shooter genre without getting completely overwhelmed.