• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kebab_Hill12

Why i hate using source ports

Many people prefer to play source ports but i don't 

Here are the reason why i hate playing source ports

1. GZDOOM

ahh yes gzdoom that source port that everyone loved the problem is my pc can't handle it by good wow take a look HEDON wow WHY THE FRICK IT USES HIGHER OPENGL ON THE GAME?! well you know it sucks! I want the gzdoom to run on low end pc aswell and DOOM was meant to be played without a friggin gpu and the another problem is that it lags on SHRINE i have 4gb ram but shrine lags in its reason i respect the developer but i hate the gzdoom developer.

2. ZDOOM, QZDOOM, LZDOOM

it uses outdated one and it dosent have more feature than the latest one. 

3. Crispy DOOM, Chocolate doom

Chocolate doom... ah yes that vanilla experiencer everything is good but the problem is i want this source port to be modifiable in resource hacker but its fine btw 

Crispy doom.. just doom without the crispiness

4. GLBOOM, PRBOOM

ahhh yes another better source port  i prefer this but i need the crispy like in chocolate doom and im like friggin playing GTA San Andreas in 1080p without widescreen fix mod and here's what i want too i want the port to be modifiable in resource hacker and i want the port to add multiplayer like chocolate did i want to be compatible with vanilla doom and i want the option to toggle off the option of the source port i want it to be executable on the port btw 

Well that's today's folks i prefer prboom and glboom

(I'd respond to your whole post but I clearly can't type out walls of text as fast as @Redneckerz since they beat me to it, and has already said everything I was going to say but whatever. )

Honestly this whole post just sounds like you have an archaic flintstones computer that runs on little dinosaur fossils running on stone hamster wheels, not unlike my own PC. So I'd suggest that you just use LZDoom, which is also what I use most of the time.

53 minutes ago, ILIKEDOOM2 said:

1. GZDOOM

ahh yes gzdoom that source port that everyone loved the problem is my pc can't handle it by good wow take a look HEDON wow WHY THE FRICK IT USES HIGHER OPENGL ON THE GAME?! well you know it sucks! I want the gzdoom to run on low end pc aswell and DOOM was meant to be played without a friggin gpu and the another problem is that it lags on SHRINE i have 4gb ram but shrine lags in its reason i respect the developer but i hate the gzdoom developer.

GZDoom isn't vanilla Doom you know, that's pretty much the reason a lot of the people that dislike it do so in the first place, because it's so distant from the original engine/executable. It can be made to require a high OpenGL version and a dedicated GPU if Graf and co want it to. They have every legal right to do so since the Doom engine is open source.
Also GZDoom DOESN'T actually need a dedicated GPU in the first place, it just needs your PC to have OpenGL 3.3 and above and a decent CPU pretty much, even the 2012 desktops at my school have OpenGL 4.0 or higher, so as I said earlier you probably just have an ancient computer and are stuck with it like I am as well.

i have 4gb ram but shrine lags

I don't know what Shrine is (I'm guessing a GZDoom mapset.), but the reason it lags is probably because your PCs' processor doesn't have very good single thread performance (Which is what GZDoom needs the most.).

i respect the developer but i hate the gzdoom developer.

The duality of man.

53 minutes ago, ILIKEDOOM2 said:

2. ZDOOM, QZDOOM, LZDOOM

it uses outdated one and it dosent have more feature than the latest one. 

ZDoom hasn't been updated in 3-4 years now so of course it's outdated, LZDoom should work for you just fine like it does for me though, it's only 1-2 versions behind the latest GZDoom version, and QZDoom is a sandbox for GZDoom's developers to test out new features, not meant to be used to just play maps and mods and Doom with it.

11 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Once more you mention ''Resource hacker'' - What do you mean with this?

Honestly part of me thinks they mean this Resource Hacker, and that they are trying to make mods using it. And if that is the case, then it reminds me of that guy that once asked for help with making Hexen mods while using a HEX EDITOR TO MAKE THEM.

51 minutes ago, ILIKEDOOM2 said:

1. GZDOOM

Mind I suggest Skulltag/Zandronum? Doesn't demand as much as GZ, and it has great multiplayer.

1 minute ago, The Strife Commando said:

Mind I suggest Skulltag/Zandronum? Doesn't demand as much as GZ, and it has great multiplayer.

I think the OP wants to be able to use modern GZDoom features and mods and maps, so they probably don't want Zandronum or Skulltag for the same reason they don't want (Q/L)ZDoom, even though LZDoom is pretty much the only way to have an up to date version of GZDoom on such an old computer.

All I can really say is get better hardware man.

Don't blame your ass old computer not running advanced source ports on the source port devs.

14 minutes ago, inkoalawetrust said:

I think the OP wants to be able to use modern GZDoom features and mods and maps, so they probably don't want Zandronum or Skulltag for the same reason they don't want (Q/L)ZDoom, even though LZDoom is pretty much the only way to have an up to date version of GZDoom on such an old computer.

I think the OP only like to start the fire and hide the hand.

This thread is just a ''Karen'' thread.

Look, pal.

Complaining is free and easy, but if you don't know a hell about what you are talking about, your complaining is off based.

So better know about what you are talking first, and complain later.

You will see how your view change drastically.

Err... I've used versions of (g)zdoom since way back when. Even 10y/o kit should be fine with the settings (gfx quality/resolution or whatever) lowered appropriately.

If you don't like source ports, use doom(2).exe in DOSBox or a virtual machine with DOS installed. Everything else you mention IS a sourceport.

Are there any odds that this person is running a non-gaming pc?, mind you i have a lower tier amd radeon r7 360, and my pc is from 2015, i can run gzdoom on hardware without chugging, unless im playing a mod like brutal doom or project brutality.

As for the other ports listed, i haven't really tried them out yet, so i can't make an opinion about them without sounding biased.

TL;DR, get better computer hardware, save up money, then buy the hardware from a trusted source, or buy a pre-built if you're lazy.

1 hour ago, Philnemba said:

Interesting thread friend but have ever bother to try...Doom Legacy?

Doom95 ftw. Try that too.

also, I sense a bait...

Back in my day we had REAL source ports that were just .exe files and had to walk through 8 foot deep snow dragging a computer the size of a small bus to the communal power point located deep in the mountains to use them. You kids with your modern source ports have it too easy smh

1 minute ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Back in my day we had REAL source ports that were just .exe files and had to walk through 8 foot deep snow dragging a computer the size of a small bus to the communal power point located deep in the mountains to use them. You kids with your modern source ports have it too easy smh

Amen brother.

Damn you GZDOOM with you AO, bloom, FXAA, multisample, dyn lights and shadowmap effects!!!
I'll go back to play Wolf 3D if I'm lucky....

I worked all winter break to get a gaming pc for Doom Eternal cuz my Dell XPS 13 can't handle it. It got a Skytech Archangel that has 16GB RAM, an AMD Ryzen 7 3700 X CPU, NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB, and a 1TB hard drive for...$1200? Maybe you should stop whining, trolling whatever and save up for one too.

Edit: If you're wondering, I can't build PCs.