Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rince-wind

We draw it, we map it

34 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

All right, i don't remember the room size, is in 1024x1024 or in 2048x2048 grid unit size?

1024x1024

9 minutes ago, Retro Dino said:

Can I get in on this? I'll take any cell. How detailed does it need to be, and is there a strict time frame?

Everyone's already been asigned their cells, but since C1 is empty you can have it

There is no strict time frame and you can detail how much or little you want

2 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

Everyone's already been asigned their cells, but since C1 is empty you can have it

There is no strict time frame and you can detail how much or little you want

LOL so what do I do? Nothing? jk jk jk, okay i'll connect it to C1 and do something. Thanks! :) Who has the WAD right now?

well, I don't map (don't even have the tools to do so).. so.. ahn.. if someone wishes to contribute to this but hasn't got a spot, take mine (and warn here, ofc) 

14 minutes ago, Retro Dino said:

Who has the WAD right now?

No one, you create a new wad with just your cell, post it in this thread, and then in the end I'll stitch them all together in one wad

1 minute ago, Rince-wind said:

No one, you create a new wad with just your cell, post it in this thread, and then in the end I'll stitch them all together in one wad

ah okay, I thought it was a shared WAD. I'll get it done tomorrow! :) It has to be 1024 x 1024 right? Is there a common theme? I don't wanna make an outdoors area and it turns out it's all inside.

Just now, Retro Dino said:

ah okay, I thought it was a shared WAD. I'll get it done tomorrow! :) It has to be 1024 x 1024 right? Is there a common theme? I don't wanna make an outdoors area and it turns out it's all inside.

All cells are 1024x1024 and there is no common theme

12 minutes ago, Impboy4 said:

I'm not in the mood to map right now so someone else can take my cell.

Is this a good opportunity for me to step in then? XD

7 hours ago, sanicstudios said:

I'm gonna call E1 done then - ludicrous in difficulty because of the way I interpreted the cell but I suppose it's something

52DzAoL.png

I'm afraid your interpretation is too detached from the original concept, though I can't blame you too much since I didn't link the original thread with all the descriptions so here it is ---> You draw it, I map it 2 : Electric boolagoo

Since Impboy4 is out you can have D3 to map

Alright no problem. Had a feeling. I took the letters on the platforms to be enemies since I couldn't think of anything else it could possibly be XD.

1 hour ago, sanicstudios said:

This should hopefully be a bit better. Didn't take quite as many creative freedoms with this one XD. Not the most graphically amazing map in the world but at least it's playable unlike whatever I tried to do last time.

3jsTz4N.png

Yep, this is much better!

C1 Is DONE! :) It surprisingly took me all day. I'm not familiar with the original Doom format. I also remade the whole map twice lol. I tried to stick to the 1024 x 1024 rule as close as possible. There's a few sectors that stick out. I put a spawn with a shotgun to show the entrance. if you want to delete those and connect them it's fine. :) If you want me to change anything let me know. I've been wanting to make a puzzle map so this was me just kinda testing the waters.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/cyuq5ol66hw6whv/C1.wad/file