Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rince-wind

We draw it, we map it

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

D2 is done!

vKE2pz4.png

Not to spoil anything but this cell makes me appreciate the 21 Lost Soul limit

Here is my map for section B1. I tried my best to follow the map's layout as closely as I can. There was one part that I was not able to make correctly, which mentioned something about boxes being able to be shot open, so I just made it so that you activate a switch to open the large box section. Admittantly, the map is really bare looking and there isn't much actual lighting to it.

WeDrawWeMap-B1-Lizardcommando.zip

1 hour ago, Lizardcommando said:

Here is my map for section B1

geNuP9S.png

You're right, it is rather bare, but I'll add some things in the finished version

14 hours ago, Retro Dino said:

Has this been completed yet? If not I'm willing to take on another sector, no problem.

It's far from being completed and I still didn't get an answer if people are still working on them.

Either way tell me which cell you'd like and I'll ask the person who's assigned to it if they want to give it over.

I'm chipping away at E2 - progress has been slow as I have other projects I'm working on and I'm far from the most experienced mapper, but I intend to hold up my end of the bargain. Good luck to everyone else with their sections as well!

On 2/10/2021 at 2:30 AM, Rince-wind said:

How are your maps going, everyone?

I went ahead and updated my section. It's a dark warehouse with some simple lighting effects. I added a few more cargo boxes, some imps and some pistol ammo and some shotgun shells.

WeMapWeDraw-B1-Lizardcommando-Update.zip

Edited by Lizardcommando

I'm having fun working on A1! The general lay-out and some texturing of the room is done. I spent hours on making a window that looks out on space with twinkling stars, and then threw that all away. I've been trying to wrap my head around how to make a 'shitty space ship' in the center of the room and think I have an idea by now.

It's my first time mapping in Doom-Doom2 so the creativity is stimulating but it takes a bit of extra time with everything I'm doing. Finding out that floor textures can't be moved around was a hard one :(. Overal a good learning experience :).

3 hours ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

It's my first time mapping in Doom-Doom2 so the creativity is stimulating but it takes a bit of extra time with everything I'm doing. Finding out that floor textures can't be moved around was a hard one :(. Overal a good learning experience :).

Hopefully this won't be your last map

3 minutes ago, Retro Dino said:

Ah shit, that looks confusing. What are the red lines and what are the letters?

The lines look like different liquids, sludge, slime, lava and water. Letter might be monsters.

2 hours ago, Retro Dino said:

Are they 4 different sectors or one sector with a pillar in the middle and some type of line that separates them?

Copied from the original thread:

E1 - CHOOSE YOUR OWN DEATH

This room contains 4 optional powerups, picking them up will close the doors and summon monsters

The quadrants are color coded, from the textures to the decoration to the monsters:

RED - Berserker, Pinkies and Revs

GREEN - Green Armor, Knights and Arachs

BLUE - Soulsphere, Cacos and MEIN LIEBEN!

BROWN - Backpack, Imps and Fatsos

The powerups are in pools of liquid, none of them damaging

There's a pillar in the middle of the room and 4 heightened platforms with stairs in the corners to make the fights more dynamic

1 hour ago, thelazyqdude said:

C4 is done. 

Notify me if there's any issues with the wad.

DZosbCI.png

This one has the most intricate lighting so far

11 hours ago, thelazyqdude said:

Doh! Just realized the slime doesn't damage you.

Don't worry about miniscule stuff like that, I can easily fix them in the final version

I just realized that my map didn't really have any sectors where it indicated where the map connects so I added that stuff in along with a bit more bullet ammo and some extra crates for cover. I think that should be it for my section as far as updates goes.

WeMapWeDraw-B1-Lizardcommando-Update2.zip

Also, which maps have been completed so far?

Edited by Lizardcommando