Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshy

Plutonia Revisited: Community Project 2 (Boom-compatible)- Final Version Released! **IDGAMES LINK UP**

1 hour ago, Scorpius said:

I was playing on Zandronum 3.0 when I toggled the default status bar and this happened:

Screenshot_Doom_20220406_131934.png.f9bf3ffaf3bf41bb0c48f2ca6e2ec0ba.png

I am playing Doom in the 1280x960 (4:3 aspect ratio) resolution using windowed mode.

What is the issue? The AmArmSealth is represented properly and Doomguy is represented as having a split personality - just like normal.

5 hours ago, Jark said:

What is the issue? The AmArmSealth is represented properly and Doomguy is represented as having a split personality - just like normal.

Hmm, I guess you're right. I must've missed the pure genius that went into the status bar or I've been playing a pirated Doom version all this time (☉_☉)

I have some feedback regarding the recent RC (minor bugs and such).

Spoiler

map20, "Calamity Valley"

Screenshot_Doom_20220413_003752.png.a9dd5c20754737582d159f32a64fa42d.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220413_005542.png.037c663c716b04a75af7c67930519dd1.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220413_005729.png.e41be7233124f28eded1cd82804f201b.png

Candles are slightly misplaced                      Softlock at the valley's entry                         Black floor outline at the three keys arena

map23, "Wrong Turn"

Screenshot_Doom_20220413_194708.png.171adc2cbf1dc24266cbcba9c77e53fb.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220413_200819.png.1d626d0288f1f0e58a8a083822c941cd.png

Grate isn't tagged as impassable + tiny HOM  Infinitely tall hanging body parts

map25, "Sting Operation"

Screenshot_Doom_20220413_220944.png.c26f7ac95fad0b14fb1f3a12d0aae74d.png

4 revenants are misplaced and stuck

map26, "Golgotha"

Screenshot_Doom_20220413_221636.png.929d4b38665cc7965f82626749a4246a.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220413_221700.png.740f389249698909143c534050ac19c7.png

Grate block projectiles (intentional???)         Mancubus get stuck

map31, "Steel Mill Zone"

Screenshot_Doom_20220413_220410.png.8aae2b66de8be3d85fd496e14fe77dc6.png

Some blood isn't tagged as damaging

Hi, thank you for your work, it's really fantastic! I tested all maps on Marine’s Best Friend port for DOS (new version from Vogons forum), I know that maybe it's too much for such new modifications, but I like to play mods designed in a classic style in DOS. I found that maps 11, 24 and 27 are crashes with error. Will it be corrected?

Edited by Angel Of Nemesis

7 hours ago, Angel Of Nemesis said:

Hi, thank you for your work, it's really fantastic! I tested all maps on Marine’s Best Friend port for DOS (new version from Vogons forum), I know that maybe it's too much for such new modifications, but I like to play mods designed in a classic style in DOS. I found that maps 11, 24 and 27 are crashes with error. Will it be corrected?

At this stage of the project it is probably unlikely due to quite a few participants having moved on to other things by now, it depends also on the severity of the errors - were there any error messages? That said, if the majority of the maps function as intended it may be worth looking into at least for sake of compatibility.

On 5/14/2022 at 8:07 PM, Jark said:

At this stage of the project it is probably unlikely due to quite a few participants having moved on to other things by now, it depends also on the severity of the errors - were there any error messages? That said, if the majority of the maps function as intended it may be worth looking into at least for sake of compatibility.

This Wad will not start just easy on the DOS MBF port.
First of all, you need to open the Slade editor and remove the duplicate Dehacked 0 bytes from it at the very end of the wad.
Secondly, the port will complain about Column without a patch in texture SMARB160, open TEXTURE1 and look for SMARB160, almost at the very end. MARBLE1 we set the size 128x128, adjust the position. Only after that Wad will start.
Maps 11, 24 and 27 give Segmentation Violation. This is due to a lack of memory for the map. I ran on Win 98 SE with a memory patch. With DOSBox more maps crash with this error due to a small amount of memory.

21 hours ago, Angel Of Nemesis said:

This Wad will not start just easy on the DOS MBF port.
First of all, you need to open the Slade editor and remove the duplicate Dehacked 0 bytes from it at the very end of the wad.
Secondly, the port will complain about Column without a patch in texture SMARB160, open TEXTURE1 and look for SMARB160, almost at the very end. MARBLE1 we set the size 128x128, adjust the position. Only after that Wad will start.
Maps 11, 24 and 27 give Segmentation Violation. This is due to a lack of memory for the map. I ran on Win 98 SE with a memory patch. With DOSBox more maps crash with this error due to a small amount of memory.

I admire your effort to get it working in the first place, the things you mention fixing should be fairly easy to remedy however, the seg overflows are directly tied to visual complexity of a map - so the authors would have to completely renovate in order to meet those limits. Loading up the maps in question in UDB and trying to use the visplane explorer crashes the program which I think is safe to say there are more than a few segs.

Unless someone else has input, I think the little things can be fixed, but the maps themselves are unlikely to be compatible without big overhauls. 

Very well done to the creators of this wad, enjoyed my playthrough. However Map 30 has no rad suits as far as I can see so I died a lot to the damaging floor.

had a question about a secret in Map25. I found out in the meantime but I'll make this a quick bug report instead.

apologies if this was already mentioned.

I'm using DSDA-Doom

Spoiler

The four revenants on the pillars are staying idle and are therefore completely harmless. 

At the end of the map I'm missing 28 kills with all the secrets found and ready to exit, not sure when these are supposed to spawn.

Edited by greenslimeriver

In Map 23 "Wrong Turn" I got softlocked inside these rooms after killing everything and pressing all keys, with no way of getting out.

Guess the map does live up to it's name in a ironic sense.

Spoiler

Screenshot-Doom-20220619-204552.png

Screenshot-Doom-20220619-204532.png

Great, I've been playing the first few maps and I'm enjoying it so far, so far the map quality is good :)

Some notes so far, incl. images:

- MAP08 has a corner where it's easy to get trapped (moderately hard to get out)

- In MAP01 the red key room can easily be skipped by jumping through the huge window

- In MAP02 you can cut straight through the end by squeezing in this place

map08place.png

map01cut.png

map02cut.png

On 9/1/2022 at 10:20 AM, A_CyberAttack said:

Great, I've been playing the first few maps and I'm enjoying it so far, so far the map quality is good :)

Some notes so far, incl. images:

- MAP08 has a corner where it's easy to get trapped (moderately hard to get out)

- In MAP01 the red key room can easily be skipped by jumping through the huge window

- In MAP02 you can cut straight through the end by squeezing in this place

Thank you for pointing out these; it is however not a concern thankfully- one of them is in fact intentional ;)

13 hours ago, Polri said:

Love the doomcute alligators!

Agreed, it's a very cool secret!

Hi! Anyone knows how to fix the linedef issues in maps 20 and 23? I can't play them, the game doesn't allow me to do so (Skulltag). Any file I can download? Thanks! Awesome wad so far.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:43 AM, (S)pain said:

Hi! Anyone knows how to fix the linedef issues in maps 20 and 23? I can't play them, the game doesn't allow me to do so (Skulltag). Any file I can download? Thanks! Awesome wad so far.

Greetings, thanks for playing the Wad (so far),

Fixed said issues, tested in Skulltag and maps now start - did see more issues with Map 23 in relation to lines however, the map appears to run without fixing them and if it isn't broken I shan't try fix it.

Rebuilt nodes with ZokumBSP which I hope should be alright, did not play through entire maps so uncertain if they still work as intended (they should unless express usage of self referencing sectors which can be nodebuilder dependant).

Download (Mediafire): https://www.mediafire.com/file/z8l0nrfm72b59ki/PRCP2forSpain.zip/file

On 10/4/2022 at 5:55 AM, Jark said:

Greetings, thanks for playing the Wad (so far),

Fixed said issues, tested in Skulltag and maps now start - did see more issues with Map 23 in relation to lines however, the map appears to run without fixing them and if it isn't broken I shan't try fix it.

Rebuilt nodes with ZokumBSP which I hope should be alright, did not play through entire maps so uncertain if they still work as intended (they should unless express usage of self referencing sectors which can be nodebuilder dependant).

Download (Mediafire): https://www.mediafire.com/file/z8l0nrfm72b59ki/PRCP2forSpain.zip/file

Oh thank you so much! So nice of you :) I can finally play them.
Also, I assume this forum is not meant to ask walkthrough issues to avoid spoilers. May I ask by private message? I'm kind of stuck in map 31 xd

Some beautiful maps in here. Usual music as you'd expect.

I wasn't able to contribute to any maps in here as I was busy with my own projects but with 2022ado almost complete I'll be more free for future community projects. So if there was a PRCP3 I'll be back.

I'm trying to load this wad with PRBoom Plus (latest stable release) but i got R_InitTextures: 74 errors (the same happen with PrCP2forSpain file)

edit: my bad, i have selected DooM II instead Plutonia...

I think I got myself softlocked in map 23. I played the ID Games version with GZDoom 4.2.4. In the outside area with the two cyberdemons, I squeezed between the crates and pillars, and managed to get the red key before before opening the yellow key section. After doing that, pillars rose, blocking the way towards the yellow key section. I couldn't open the red door either, because the section which with the switch that lowers the pillars in front of the red door, didn't open.

Hi, I noticed when I played the levels the storyline at the text screens for finishing maps 11, 15 (to secret), 31 (to super secet), 20, and 30 are the exact same as the ones in Plutonia. Only the one finishing map06 is correct. What is up with that?

I'm running this on PrBoom+ v2.5.1.5 and it's not displaying the text screens correctly on that port. It does, however, work on zDoom ports.

Edited by Lingyan203