Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshy

Plutonia Revisited: Community Project 2 (Boom-compatible)- Final Version Released! **IDGAMES LINK UP**

Good timing this after the DW Megawad club play through is still fresh in minds. I am certainly tempted to have a go.

It's been a long time since I mapped for Plutonia (my first map in fact), now is a good time for a comeback. I'm interested!

It's been a while since I mapped for a community project so I will certainly be joining and will create a map and possibly some music as well sometime in the future. I'm in.

Since Plutonia: Revisited Community Project came after Plutonia 2, should the former not be seen as "Plutonia 3", thus making this project essentially Plutonia 4? Or is there a difference between a Plutonia sequel and a Plutonia: Revisited project?

Edited by Rudolph

8 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Since Plutonia: Revisited Community Project came after Plutonia 2, should the former not be seen as "Plutonia 3", thus making this project essentially Plutonia 4? Or is there a difference between a Plutonia sequel and a Plutonia: Revisited project?

PRCP is among other things explicitly branded as a community project where anyone can submit whereas the numbered editions involve a specific team, as mercurial as it could be (see: Plutonia 2 dev history). this also means, theoretically, that all of PRCP2 is out in the open so everyone can see what sweet fever dreams are being generated for the project

@Joshy I wanted to take part in a project like this, so sign me up too.

Also:
-will there be a bonus MAP33?
-what about midi tracks? (I will choose a temporary track which can be changed later if possible)
-it would be more correct to specify plutonia.wad in our resources in the map editor, if this iwad will be the main one for this project (or will it be doom2.wad?)

P.S. If I don't post anything after 5 months, I free up my space.

Awesome!

Wish I could participate with a small Plutonian map >.<

Hopefully if I get an open slot later on :D

You know.....I won't make a map but I'll play it when it's done because this is an interesting project and it's getting quite the attention. 

Good luck to the mappers.

Colour me intrigued. While I'm not the biggest fan of the original Plutonia, the aesthetic and general design philosophy are very appealing to me. I think I'll give Plutonic style mapping a shot!

By the way, I'm also in. Currently i already started doing a map for the project, although i want to know how do you send a map, how to choose the music and map number. (for the wad obviously)

Im interested in signing up, im a bit busy atm with maps for other projects, but i can try to make a quick map for this in a few months (if there's no problem with that ofc hehe)

1 hour ago, riderr3 said:

it would be more correct to specify plutonia.wad in our resources in the map editor, if this iwad will be the main one for this project (or will it be doom2.wad?

The texture pack worked fine to me with both Doom2 and Plutonia iwads. Hadn't ever tried it with TNT.wad but I think it would work as intended in this case too.

Personally I use Doom2

Boom format and everything? Man, that's pretty attractive. How long do you figure this project may go on for? I'm probably pretty occupied for the nearest couple of months, but I could maaaybe pitch in something for around summer.

I was not satisfied with my map for PRCP (Rules of Death), so why not catch up with PRCP2... But once again, I'm annoyed that this project is in boom compatible. However, I have a challenging Plutonia map in limit-removing format, almost finished, sleeping in my SSD. maybe I should finish it, and submit it to you.