Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshy

Plutonia Revisited: Community Project 2 (Boom-compatible)- Final Version Released! **IDGAMES LINK UP**

I actually think it would be funny if it's an earlier map and the compiler doesn't tell us.  

E: Actually even better would be that the maps are shuffled at the end and we don't know which ones end up in which slot.  That'd mess with us.

@Joshy I've done with my map.

"Decayed redoubt" by riderr3
For Plutonia Revisited Community Project 2

Advanced engine needed: Boom
IWAD: Plutonia.wad
Map replaced: MAP01 but it can fit any slot in any episode.
Music: "Plugged In" by Bucket from Plutonia midi pack
Other: Added one texture and one flat that I assembled earlier.  Use them in your projects as well.
Single Player: Designed for
Cooperative: Yes
Deathmatch: Player starts only
Other files required: prcp2texv1.wad
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Build Time: 10 days
Editor(s) used: Ultimate Doom Builder, SLADE3, WadSpy
Tested With: PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.4 (complevel 9), GZDoom 3.2.5
Description: This map uses a rocky and jungle theme with bit of marble. Previously, there were 2 more locations, but I removed them so that the map would not be too confusing. It only has 88 enemies on UV, but don't flatter yourself.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/clfa6yxcovx9y2y/decredb.zip/file

Comments are welcome.

@General Rainbow Bacon Played Sting Operation, I liked it, classic layout and punchy. Texturing just needs a little bit of tidying up. I do wonder if it needs just a littttle bit more health? I only found the Soulsphere secret and that felt like a huge relief. But it may make the secrets feel less special, so I'm not sure. Also, the chaingunner ledges should have monster block or impassible lines so they don't get shot off.

@Cheesewheel Played Ironclad, I liked it. This is a pretty solid map all round but it is also very brutal and will need further health/armor tweaking. The amount of chaingunners and the wide exposed layout makes the gameplay potentially frustrating, even if they get some early secrets, so I'd up the amount of health and armor for sure so there's room for some mistakes. Ammo balance felt fine. Love the layout, it has a nice flow, nice job!

@cannonball Played Oceania, this is a sweet map, nicely done! Can't think of anything that needs changing, and indeed would do nicely as an early E1 map.

@riderr3 Played Decayed Redoubt, sweet map! Liked the layout and nicely mixed gameplay. Theme feels original, has a nice classic feel that's like Plutonia but reskinned, nice job!

Map name: The Nightmare after Christmas
Map slot: 08
MIDI: Jade Empire (by stewboy, from the Plutonia MIDI pack)

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Nxqw7FO.png

2wN1ASl.png

---
PRCP2-HitBoi.zip
Very short for a Map08, still WIP.

Edited by AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage : Fixed a secret

Finally was able to login yesterday but forgot to post this. Was intending for this to be a collab and @Archi has agreed to finish it for me so expect a bigger update soon. No name, midi, or mapslot decided yet, but layout is done. Originally was inspired by the Joshy map in PRCP.

PRCP_OliviaR.wad

edit: a few WIP screenshots of Archi's changes for comparison when we release another update

unknown.png?width=759&height=427

unknown.png?width=759&height=427

Edited by NuMetalManiak : screenies

Okay some feedback

"Decayed redoubt" by riderr3

This was quite lengthy, considering the low monster count. Some threats here and there but no deaths for me. This felt solid enough with emphasis more on atmosphere rather than full on upfront combat. I liked this one.

The Nightmare after Christmas by AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage

This one looks nice, but ultimately it is a straightforward fight to the finish with light incidental combat and a more cramped ending with a completely different theme. The initial area needs more fleshing out, take the skeletal structure and try and make more from it by branching areas off, making some objectives like a key to unlock the exit fight. 

Ironclad by Cheesewheel

I must admit that this felt a little too unforgiving for me. I think this needs something to give the player a better chance of getting a foothold. I will however play this again at some point to see if I can have a better effort at beating this. It looks and feels great and layout is strong.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:36 PM, AtticTelephone said:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b56nwjxceotkb3z/fiend.wad/file

Fiend, a small map that starts as a simple jungle base and becomes, well, I don't want to spoil it. It uses a midi of Black Sabbath's The Wizard.

FIjK7a8.png

ELJDZaK.png

So the cyber on the second screen just hides the switch. I've seen monsters being used like that in some wads but they commonly were hellknights or barons(worse case) 

Here you ascend the rocky pillars and quickly kill the shotguys what takes not many time to do, but when it comes to down the much times beefier cyber, the player would've become bored to kill it, especially if without BFG

So my advice is to replace shotguys with knights and the cyber with baron so that they won't infight and the change of beefyness between knight and baron is significantly less than the one between the shotguy and cyber. Imho cyber holding the place with one switch is somewhat boring, but the baron is ok

41 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

So the cyber on the second screen just hides the switch. I've seen monsters being used like that in some wads but they commonly were hellknights or barons(worse case) 

Here you ascend the rocky pillars and quickly kill the shotguys what takes not many time to do, but when it comes to down the much times beefier cyber, the player would've become bored to kill it, especially if without BFG

So my advice is to replace shotguys with knights and the cyber with baron so that they won't infight and the change of beefyness between knight and baron is significantly less than the one between the shotguy and cyber. Imho cyber holding the place with one switch is somewhat boring, but the baron is ok

I don't really want to get rid of the Cyberdemon, but since there's enough shotgun ammo in the fortress, maybe I could change the shotgunners to be hellknights, since I really don't want to get rid of the Cyberdemon.

Finally finished my map.

Name: Guerrilla Warfare.

Music: E2M1 from Doom.

Map slot: MAP01 (but it can be placed anywhere else in E1, really)

Difficulty Levels: Yes.

EDIT: rebalanced the difficulty a bit.

Screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20210218_171504.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210218_171513.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210218_171455.png

Guerrilla.zip

Edited by DukeOfDoom : New version.

Here's my map. It's a non-linear, early Earth Base theme. It's a bit longer than 10 minutes, I hope you don't mind.

Spoiler

lQlgaf5.jpg

vg8mAJN.jpg

Difficulty settings are not implemented yet, it's on the to-do list.

Included in the zip is a modified version of the texture wad containing a handful of new textures (because I had to edit the ANIMATED lump). Please run the wad with this instead.

Name: Agarthan Anomaly
Music: "Plutocrat" by Bucket
Map slot: Map01-11 (Episode 1 theme)
Difficulty Levels: Yes

Download:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/808091946912186408/812740054308618261/CT_Agarthan_Anomaly_v2.zip

Edited by Captain Toenail : updated link to v2

On 2/18/2021 at 5:51 AM, AtticTelephone said:

I don't really want to get rid of the Cyberdemon, but since there's enough shotgun ammo in the fortress, maybe I could change the shotgunners to be hellknights, since I really don't want to get rid of the Cyberdemon.

You could also replace the shotgunners with Barons. They are strong enough to withstand a few Cyberdemon rockets and they will weaken the Cyberdemon so it can be taken down easier by the player.

Changelog:

- Blue key was placed where super shotgun was before, so that way, players will notice the switch's purpose much easier now.
-- Super shotgun is accessible faster now.

- 'Block monster' flag was added to enemies that previously fell into inaccessible areas for boom format.

- Some minor changes, like added a bit more ammo, texture offsets & other very miscellaneous stuff.

=============

Posting this here to get more feedback on my map.

Some info:
- Map name: The Church of Pollution
- Boom actions included
- Diffculty & coop: YES
- Slot: MAP 04

Hopefully, you guys enjoy it. Feedback is welcome, obviously!

V2__map04_church_of_pollution.zip

Edited by The_SloVinator

Need more feedback aswell from all non-discord testers:

MAP06 - Waters - V1
Download Link

image.png.e20b104c6643a25fc2817dea8bb67baa.png

I noticed the texture error at the big arena with the skybox, also, detailing is yet to be finished

Layout and gameplay for every difficulty implemented

MP settings yet not implemented

Music: Alice In Chains - Dam That River

Some issues around gameplay are getting fixed right now but feel free to spot everything uncommon you see.  

On 2/16/2021 at 11:37 PM, Cheesewheel said:

Updated Ironclad.

- More Health+Armour

- Secret Exit

- Removed some chaingunners in final arena.

- Implemented difficulty settings.

Ironclad v1.1.zip

This is better but there should be a soulsphere at the beginning at least to make it less frustrating (I can only manage the start by grabbing the secret megaarmor which isn't ideal). Health goes in a matter of seconds so having a soulsphere would help add a few more seconds playroom for those playing blind without the megaarmor

Here is the finished collab now.

Spoiler

y3KgSkO.png

445Y7mQ.png

Title: Never Safe, Always Sorry (working title)
Author: NuMetalManiak & Archi

Music: Sewer Slide by Stewboy

No slot decided yet but it does have a secret exit in case it gets put into MAP15/MAP31. If not it can be a BFG9000 secret. Difficulty settings fully implemented. I made main hub layout + most of the spokes while Archi did some extra design + optional areas.

This may sound a bit... daft, but I'm not really sure what makes a map 'Plutonic'. Over the last couple of weeks, I have been binging my way through not just the original Plutonia, but also Plutonia 2 and the original PRCP, along with a few Urania levels (though that wad is a little out of my league at the moment, on UV anyway). Before then, I never really understood the appeal of the 'Plutonic style', since I had a hard time getting past even the first three levels of the original IWAD due to frustration. Now, after conquering many of the sub-genre's worst and probably exhausting half my brain's supply of dopamine in the process, I get it, but I am not entirely sure what it is that I 'get'.

Sure, there are a number of visual genres that are distinctive to Plutonia and its progeny (I've counted ten so far), and sure I know most maps in that lineage prioritize combat over exploration or atmosphere, but that doesn't really answer my question.

So, in essence, what is it that makes a map 'Plutonic'? @Joshy and @riderr3, as the resident masters of the Plutonic arts, what do you think?

WiP of this level.  I'm honestly not sure if it's Plutonia enough, but maybe some feedback will help that when I get the first draft done. 

image.png.ad724a55caddb5f656e27976cce73e01.png

1450671878_PlutoniaRV1.png.0da2260eb06d0b39c16afe12d6072b9f.png

1044040308_PlutoniaRV5.png.bff6a8f7e64c36eb37ca28e54f178118.png1134355916_PlutoniaRV6.png.109889896f27f115f682191387e06efc.png

1705828185_PlutoniaRV7.png.574fcc16947e84cd2537f4db0f92d161.png

Not certain either if my map is plutonia enough. It has some similarities with the later larger plutonia maps, on a smaller scale.